Options

Mundane thread

Comments

• Options

image sorry Mousey, I missed your comment earlier...hope things are ok (((hugs )))

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I have chocolate cake, help yourself.
    I had a cream cake with a work colleague this afternoon and feel stuffed.

(()) for Mousey.

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

(()) mouse&D hope the day was manageable?

Happy Birthday CJ.  

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

We are home from the hospital. D has been poked and prodded and declared unfit. He came home anyway.

Quote of the day goes to NHS Direct in asking 'have you been feeling generally unwell?'

At least I didn't cry.

• Options

(((((MOUSE)))))))

NHS direct told me the didnt think a child vomiting and having s really high temperature was anything to worry about. I disagreed and took him to the out of hours. He was admittdd eith dehydration, and a very stubborn chest infection. we left hospital 12 days later

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Silly people. Now they ask you lots of questions, like are you bleeding when all you've got is a headache.

I need to run but I don't really want to but at the same time I quite like the idea of being out in the sun going for a run. i really need to be training for GH but I have a race on Weds so don't want to do anything too hilly. I should just get dressed and go run. A flatish 15 miles would be good.There again, being lazy is good to. image

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I forgot what I was going to say.

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Senile moment Mr. P.

I runned, it was goodly but boy are my baby cows sore now. Never had that before. Not stopping me from walking, not seizing just very sore.

I may have caught the sun.

Well done SC mammoth effort.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Sorry for missing all the brthdays!

Lots of (((((hugs))))) for Mousey

I'm back home now and recovering.  I'll write a blog post about it all, probably tomorrow and post the link if anyone is interested.  But in summary, it all went perfectly and I am really happy with my performance.  Nutrition was spot on, organisation was spot on.  The reason I had to call it a day was du to something outside my control.  There was a heated marquee that we moved base camp to after dark and it was essessential.  Air temperature dropped close to freezing so it was the only place to go to stay warm.

Unfortunatly, someone underestimated how cold it was going to be and therefore how much fuel the heater would require.  Sometime around midnight the fuel ran out and a team were sent out to scour the area for a new source.  By the time I came out from my next mile the tent was warming up, but I had already got too cold and had to accept that although I probably could have struggled through another mile or two, I wasn't going to get to 24 and I wasn't going to enjoy it.  I decided that I had achieved what I set out to do and went off in search of my lovely warm hotel.

In mundane news, we seem to have a hail storm here.

• Options

Amazing stuff Caz,
    Hope D is ok Mouse ((()))

I looked round a gym today, didn't join. Felt like i was cheating on my old gym which i loved, image

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    KatieJane wrote (see)

Amazing stuff Caz,
    Hope D is ok Mouse ((()))

I looked round a gym today, didn't join. Felt like i was cheating on my old gym which i loved, image

Smileys and quotes work on the iPad image

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Good Morning. 

The sun is shinning, not yet warm enough for shorts and T but i'm sure a trip to the garden centre is called for. image

• Options

Morning.  We have half eaten soda bread, trainee granary bread about to hit the oven and a large, brick-like substance which is the sourdough bread I've been preparing since last Monday (if you count making the starter mix), appears to be sulking and looking threatening and whose density is causing the kitchen worktop to bow.  I think I need personal tuition from Paul Hollywood image

Yay for Caz's amazing achievement image

NHS direct or whatever they're called now are a bunch of twonks really.  The staff may be very caring and well meaning and all that, but ultimately they have to stick to a cock womble of a script.  At least mostly they apologise for asking numpty questions.  "If you thump your head repeatedly against a large, solid object, does it hurt?"

• Options

P.S.  Anyone heard from Lincoln Runner recently?

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've been getting messages from Lincoln Runner (got one this morning).  I think he is going through a bit of a rough patch with a lot going on in his life so is probably not getting much time to get on here.  I'll let him know you are thinking of him

It is going to rain today.  I've hung my tent up in the garden to dry which is almost as much of a guarantee as cleaning up the barbecue

• Options

Ta Caz and please give him my best.

Okay, this running malarkey.  How does it work, again?  I suspect dressing gown and slippers won't do.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

There were quite a few fast runners at the pool yesterday.  Swimming trunks and hat seemed to be the most common appeal.  The added incentive of wet skin, sub zero air temperature and the promise of a warm tent seemed to help a lot of people achieve PBs

• Options

Well swimmed Caz

I'm beginning to think running is too bloody hard. I ran myself into the ground this morning to get sub 1:40 at Bracknell Half. Progressively slower year by year since 2010.

And it probably wasn't the most sensible target to chase a week before a Marathon image

• Options

Maybe not, but it's a stonking time Chillies, well done.  I know what you mean about slowing down, and it's really not easy to accept.  On the other hand, if you think how many people our age could cycle 13 miles, let alone run it....

Where's the marathon?

• Options

Cheers Hash - Marathon is from Avebury to Stonehenge. They call it the Neolithic Marathon. It's organised by Wiltshire Wildlife Trust.

On another note, I have to share this and I can't share it on FB or with friends here because Mrs C would be too embarrassed. Bear in mind that she is usually a highly intelligent, well-travelled woman.

I was filling in the ESTA visa waiver forms for the US this afternoon. Put in Las Vegas, called up Nevada from the list of states. Mrs C panicked and said they'd somehow spelt it wrong. She thought Las Vegas was in the state of Nirvana!

We were only there 2 years ago!

• Options

Good morning Mundanies image

(((Chillies))) Loving Mrs C's malapropism. image

In mundany news today, the VLM ballot is up and running, good luck to everyone wanting a place.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I have entered twice image (Once for me, and once for Monsieur Cake)

*bounce bounce bounce* 

Morning! 

• Options

Good stuff, will I see you both at Stratford?

• Options

Morning all - well swimmed that SuperDuperCaz!!

I've entered MrGFB also (thaqt sounds bad!) - I have my deferred place.

(*please feel free to ignore this part of the post...self indulgent whinging ahead...

Well another part of the saga that is My Crazy Parents unfolded yesterday....it turns out my dad (the one who had the skin cancer and subsequent bothched surgery and then more surgery and skin grafts..him) - well he's partially sighted from a childhood illness...it turns out he's been going quietly blind in his good eye - and didn't "want to bother us!"...ermehgherd!!  We think he's got cataracts which should be fixable...not sure with his dodgy eyes (he had choroiditis as a child) - my sister (who lives with them) read them the riot act and is organising doctors appointments...I wonder did he think we'd have to put him to sleep like we did the cat!!)

...as you were! image

• Options

(((gfb))) 'cos it does get scary.

• Options

i can understand that GFB. we had a similar situation with my mum. Dad carted her off to the opticians and then the speciailist at the hospital. she's 62 but at very high risk of dementia.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

(GFB) know the feeling well, oldies always say "didn't want to make a fuss" or somesuch.

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Was going to swimble this eve but don't feel like it now, I'm sure if I went it would be fine. Have just messaged my big sis and now I'm getting over the tears. 

GFB, you and your parents make me laugh, or at least they way you tell it. 

CBA CBA CBA

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've just entered my next swimming event.  Only a 9 miler this time.