P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Best of luck boys 'n girls.  Smash it and don't be shit image

(((AG))) sorry to hear about your family emergency. Hope everything comes right.

LTB: sorry you had a bad one. Those tummy issues sound horrid. I reckon you were completely underfuelled because of that and that's why you hit the wall pretty early. I would never take imodium the night before though, only ever on the day, shortly before the race.

Ten posted a pretty good calculator on here the other day, something off the Fetch page. I think that calculator gives a much more realistic prediction. For me it predicted 3:25:30 and I got 3:24:36, so not too far off. It also takes into consideration that women convert their HM times into faster M times compared to men. Perhaps Ten could post it again?

My quad issue seems to be sorted. I ran 2.5 slow miles yesterday and it didn't bother me and I can get up without wanting to swear image

• Looking forward to hearing the news later. In the interim I found this video of London from the 9 mile mark. It shows 15W going through, then No Pain, then myself (runing / stalking the lady with the nice bum). Mennani should be in there too and maybe Lit? The things you find on the internet! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZXSNUjmowo

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

AG - sorry to see you've had to pull out image  I think you will enjoy Milton Keynes, though, so good luck with that for next week.

The Fetch calculator is here.

7m recovery run this morning. Sunny and a little chilly, great morning for a run in the hills, though hard to stay disciplined on pace and distance. That's two recovery weeks done, so this coming week includes some strides and GA runs - looking forward to that!  Only 50 weeks left to my next marathon image

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

lit - I can't find the tracking info either image

...and I'm not getting any RW forum update emails, again image

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Hello all - just beem out watching. Saw Craig and Shazmo a few times, not HeOw..? Both Craig and Shazmo looking strong at 16 miles....

Also handed out 3 bags of jelly babies, and only managed to eat three myself.

Quite enjoyed spectating...might take it up more seriously.

No tracking available it seems....

Going to check out that video now.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Woohoo! Saw myself. I'm famous! Looks like I'm trying to open a gel. Also looks like I'm the only one wearing a t-shirt, so, going to get a vest.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I don't think I made it onto the video. No youtube fame for me. image Should have gone a bit faster.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Just been out again to watch the 3.30 to 4 hr runners at mile 26...saw Shazmo again who was looking good considering and was going to be finishing under 3.45 I think...interesting watching runners at mile 26...some very fooked people out there!

• Just got up after night shift and the first thing I thought was " must get on the thread and see how the Manchester runners are getting on..

LTB it really does sound like you  were dehydrated especially if when you went to the loo you  were "loose' if you know what I mean..sorry but I am nurse..imageand lacking in carbs , spending 3 days on the loo before a marathon is not  ideal !!.put it behind you now move on and concentrate on an autumn marathon . Run your long runs slowly and save some energy for subsequent sessions.

hang on have I missed something, not been here much the last few days.. Fiona running a marathon today ?image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

COME ON Manchester people and Fiona, the suspense is killing me!

• Think I will pop out for easy run while waiting,

• Ok revolting day in Sunderland. really windy and driving rain for last 3 miles but a new PB of 3:52:49.  Had to stop and walk a couple of times but over the moon.

how about everyone else?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Blimey Fiona - a PB one week after your last marathon, that is very impressive. Well done!

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Wow, congrats Fiona! Guess your husband was right about you being way faster without all the clothes... imagine how many more minutes you could shave off that PB if you did it naked.

Manchester results now findable online for dedicated webstalkers.

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Bloody hell Fiona! I had no idea you were running another marathon today. Congratulations on a brilliant PB - so soon after the last one! image  I'm in shock. Though not quite as shocked as I will be when you run it naked.

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

Lit where did you find the results? I  haven't got the energy to surf for my official chip time...but my Garmin,which I started about 10 meters before the start mat says 3.39, so it will be pretty close. I'm absolutely delighted. Hurt like hell the last 5 miles.

Nice to see you 15w. And well done Fiona on a great time so close to your WR. Well done everyone else who ran.....sorry tired weary to think straight at the mo....will post properly later image

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Yep - found them - some good times on there from our lot. Also, can't believe Dave Norman beat Andi Jones as he was quite a long way behind him when I saw them...I guess Dave Norman ran a cleverer race (i.e. didn't start too fast!).

Results here:

http://www.stuweb.co.uk/race/sT/

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Well done Shazmo - you got 3.39.22 on that website - brilliant stuff. I must say you looked pretty good at mile 26...a lot better than I was last week...

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Stonking times from Manchester.

Craig must have run naked and covered in oil.

• 2:53:01 for me, dropped 2 of my gels by mile 2 and a stich came on at mile 23 which cleared after a mile or so.  Loved the race, spectators were fantastic, I am so happy with this as 2:55 was my target. Smashed my PB which was 3:34, so happy today, makes it all worth while.

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

I was hurting like hell at 26. I think I was actually seeing stars at one point! 

• Lit - maybe not naked but definitely fresh legs!

well Shazmo And Craig on fantastic times. 

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well done Shazmo & Craig!

Craig, it's a good thing you didn't go any faster or 15W would have had to trip you up.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Yeah - I was there waiting too....Well done Craig, good work. You always had the sub 3 in you, now you've cracked it...onwards and upwards. Did you drop the gels and leave them?

• Left them 15W, the stich worried me as my pace dropped right off for a mile or so, but picked back up and finished strong.

• Fiona thats just silly !!! bugger me missus well done amazing I only realised today that you were running ..I dont know how you did it,

Shazmo well done you image 

Craig , well it was on the cards for you ,super running

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how HeOw got on? I think I saw her at one point on one of the bits where we doubled back....Helsby running vest, cap. She was only a couple mins behind me. 

Craig, I dropped my gels in mile one and didn't realise until they were too far away, thankfully plenty at stations.

I was aiming for sub 3.50 but hoped for 3.45.....absolutely thrilled to have hung on in for 3.39 image

PS - didn't run with pacer as he informed me he'd never run a marathon before!!!!

Well done again those that ran today. And thanks for the support guys, virtual and physical. (Was too tired to reach out for jelly baby 15w, but thanks anyway) 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

excellent results Shaz, Craig and Fiona imageimageimage

Fiona - absolutely amazed you did another marathon a week after VLM image and a mahoosive PB as well imageimage

what's with HeOw image????

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

She's on that results page......

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Ah but 15W don't forget not everyone has the stalker credentials of those of us who have borderline-scarily remembered everyone's real name. I'm sure she'll be along later on though.