VLM Ballot is open

Comments

• I agree David.  It hasn't stopped me putting my name into the hat though!

• I have no idea why I entered. Answers on a postcard please....

• I entered. It seemed like a good idea at the time, well past midnight with several drinks inside me and nothing but work to look forward to.

• Eeeeek! I've just entered as well! Considering my luck though I reckon I've got more chance of winning the euro lottery

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

I am in..... was I a twat to donate my entry fee??

• SideBurn wrote (see)

I am in..... was I a twat to donate my entry fee??

Yes. And so was I. I seriously cannot tell you what I was thinking at 8.15 this morning  :-S 

• I did three entries.none of them donated....i was tempted to put one in for david as well image

• Side - no because theres an extra draw to con ...er sorry to incentivise you to bequith your fee of 1000 places

I dont agree with it but thats the way it is. Theres precious few place in the ballot anyway. So its like having a ballot thats free to enter and another ballot you have to pay to get into ?

The event is all about money now and I can honestly see the day no one just wanting to run a marathon will get in. When this was the FLM there was a system in place that if you got rejected 5 years on the run you got in authomatically, I got in that way once. But thats been stopped now 

• seren nos wrote (see)

I did three entries.none of them donated....i was tempted to put one in for david as well image

Were they all for you Seren?  If so, what happens if you are successful under someone else's name?  I.e. Will they need to attend the expo to pick up the number themselves, or can you collect it 'on their behalf'?

• You can go get someone elses number but I think you need to take a signed letter from them (well used to be the case anyway)

• Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

I did three entries.none of them donated....i was tempted to put one in for david as well image

Were they all for you Seren?  If so, what happens if you are successful under someone else's name?  I.e. Will they need to attend the expo to pick up the number themselves, or can you collect it 'on their behalf'?

only one for me Pudge.one for hubby and one for my son....... would not run under someones else number for London...

• seren nos wrote (see)
    Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

only one for me Pudge.one for hubby and one for my son....... would not run under someones else number for London...

Any particular reason why not?

• Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)
    Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

Yeah, it's not allowed! image

• Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)
    Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

No, I get that Schmunks!! Just the way that Seren suggested that she would for other races but specifically not for London?

• Why all the downers about getting in? I got in twice in three years via the ballot a few Years back so don't assume it will be negative! Good luck!

• oldscotiaoldscotia ✭✭✭

Completed entry form at 11.30am. It appeared to be accepted but have not received confirmation email yet. Should I be worried?

• jeezus that was quick - ballot's already closed!!

• Luck of the draw had 7 starts over the years only two of those were GFA lately had around 4 knockbacks though

• oldscotia it can take a few hours to get through. Keep checking your spam and trash files too, it could be lurking there. 

I got in this year for the first time in five years. First time I decided not to donate the entry fee! Fingers crossed for next year......

• I think I got in this year on the extra donation entries, so it can happen. 

I'm in the ballot again for next year. Having done it once I've got a feeling I'll enter every year with the aim of running once every 5-10 years. That would be enough!!

• Wonder if I can outmoan DF3. That would be a contest and a half!image

• Dustboy wrote (see)

Wonder if I can outmoan DF3. That would be a contest and a half!image

Better get some training in Dustboyimage

• Pudge wrote (see)
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)
    Pudge wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

No, I get that Schmunks!! Just the way that Seren suggested that she would for other races but specifically not for London?

i haven't done it for any race unless its permnitted........if it was fun run or a ride then i might.....

just me

annoys me when men run under womens numbers especially when they cock up the age group results.....also in an emergency like a heart attack or bombing.i think it would be good if people actually knew who to contact and who they were treating.......

in a small local race its not so bad as half your clubmates are with you but still hate it when the womens prizes are cocked up

• Ah, I see. Fair enough. I wasn't accusing you of anything by the way Seren - I was just curious!  Good luck in the ballot.

• I'm in. I have raised £ for charity two year's in a row. I'd like to get in via ballot so that I can raise the £ as an optional extra vs. an obligation. I am obsessed with running London again faster next year so I had no option but to enter the ballot. image

• BTW, Screamapillar, did you enter?