Berlin Marathon? Also does anyone want to do Run to the Beat?

Hi there,

I work for a charity in Putney, the Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability, and we've been given the opportunity to buy three places for Berlin, but we'd need to be guaranteed we could fill them before purchasing. Has anyone done this and can recommend it, or is anyone keen? We have one runner desperate to do it but need two more!

Also, we have lots of Run to the Beat half marathon places for September if anyone is keen? You'd be raising money for people with complex and profound brain injuries, funding things like new wheelchairs, assistive technology (so they can communicate) and hydrotherapy, etc. Visit www.rhncharity.org.uk to see more but would really appreciate any advice on Berlin or hear from any interested runners! We also are holding our own 10k Fun Run in Wimbledon on 10th August if anyone is interested!

Thanks,

Anna

PS. Generic email address if interested is running@rhn.org.uk  

Comments

• HellywobsHellywobs ✭✭✭

I'm surprised nobody has replied to this.  I guess it depends on how much money you would want to raise, but Berlin sold out in about 3 hours so I am sure there would be interest in running it for you if you don't ask for too much money.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

It all depends on how much they need to raise. A lot of charities come on here and ask you to raise around 500 which is a lot for a half marathon. the otherthing that puts people off is the stress of reaching the target and then having to make up the the difference fromtheir own pocket. 

• Hello,

I'd love to run the Berlin Marathon, I was too late to buy tickets. So I'd love to help you!
    Helgipetersen@gmail.com