Beginner Friendly Running Clubs nr Rayleigh, Essex

Can anyone suggest a good beginner friendly club anywhere near Rayleigh? My self motivation needs a bit of a boost...

Comments

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    I think the big leisure centre you are on about is called Waterside Farm Sports Centre, its in Somnes Avenue.
    01268 694342
    I know because i went there last week to use the track for the first time.
    I know there's 2 clubs in the area Benfleet RC and Castle Point AC i think there called.
    I don't know if both clubs are centred at the leisure centre but if you ring them they will probably help you.
    I live in Thurrock, also been thinking of joining a club for months now and although they are further away to get to as i'd have to get the train it would be easier to get to.
    I've only been put off before now as its dark in the evenings and walking to the station from the centre concerns me.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Alternatively

go here

click on other races and at bottom of page are links to running clubs. Hope this helps
  • i also live in Rayleigh and would like to find a running club there, think Benfleet is the closest but not so easy for me as I don't drive image

• RunforFun beginner to 5K group classes in Rayleigh: visit www.esteemhealthandfitness.co.uk exactly what you're looking for.

Also intermediate classes available from 5K to 10K.

Great value!