Sarsen Trail, Neolithic Marathon and Cycle Ride - Wilts

Comments

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭

i think DF3 will be finishing closer to 5 hours so i don't think that he will beat youimage

• Hi everyone. Haven't done the S.T. before; looking at my race pack for next weekend it says the water stops will have water only. Guessing that means no energy drinks / food etc. Do many people run this with a trail backpack?

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭

6 days to go!

is everyone tapering and carb loading?image

• I'm in for this one it will be nice to get off the roads

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    EKGO wrote (see)

I'm in for this one it will be nice to get off the roads

image maybe see you on sunday then. Hopefully the weather will be nice as the route looks lovely.

• What's the weather going to be, Manchester was cool and dry just about right

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    EKGO wrote (see)

What's the weather going to be, Manchester was cool and dry just about right

hopefully it will be like this on Sunday. You are coming down from Manchester? That is a long way....

• Hya Yes its a trek but it looks like it could be worth it, it'll be three Marathon Sundays on the trot so I'll be coating this one, I'll stay in Swindon on the Saturday and drive home afterwards

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    EKGO wrote (see)

What's the weather going to be, Manchester was cool and dry just about right

EKGO wrote (see)

Hya Yes its a trek but it looks like it could be worth it, it'll be three Marathon Sundays on the trot so I'll be coating this one, I'll stay in Swindon on the Saturday and drive home afterwards

That a lot of Marathon weekends. Sorry I cannot comment on the event as I have never done it before, (its my first Marathon anyway) According to my phone the weather for Sunday is sunny at 14  celsius. Hopefully it wont change image

• MC5 wrote (see)

Hi everyone. Haven't done the S.T. before; looking at my race pack for next weekend it says the water stops will have water only. Guessing that means no energy drinks / food etc. Do many people run this with a trail backpack?

Hi All.   Like MC5, I'm interested in what to take - was planning on a small backpack (or waist pack) with a couple of bars and gels, some ibruprofen and foot tape which is what I take when I'm out by myself.  Don't see any reason to change that.  I was thinking a roll up bottle migh be handy to fill up from the water stations.  Any advice welcome.

It's my first marathon and first post on this forum so go easy on me!

Rich

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Rich Cassidy wrote (see)
    MC5 wrote (see)

Hi everyone. Haven't done the S.T. before; looking at my race pack for next weekend it says the water stops will have water only. Guessing that means no energy drinks / food etc. Do many people run this with a trail backpack?

Hi All.   Like MC5, I'm interested in what to take - was planning on a small backpack (or waist pack) with a couple of bars and gels, some ibruprofen and foot tape which is what I take when I'm out by myself.  Don't see any reason to change that.  I was thinking a roll up bottle migh be handy to fill up from the water stations.  Any advice welcome.

It's my first marathon and first post on this forum so go easy on me!

Rich

Hi MC3 and Rich

Welcome image

Sorry this is also my first Marathon so I 'm probably not the best person to give advise on what to take but I though I let you know what I will be taking.

I will take a waist pack and a water bottle. As it looks like that only water is available at the drinks stations I will take some High5 tablets with me which I can put in the bottle when i re-fill it at the stations. I will also take Jelly babies and Glucose tablets and a couple of protein bars. I will also take blister plasters in my waist pack. i will also take other items such a sunscreen to put on before the race, sunglasses, cap etc

hope it helps a bit

See you Sunday image

• Jindalee wrote (see)

Hi MC3 and Rich

Welcome image

Sorry this is also my first Marathon so I 'm probably not the best person to give advise on what to take but I though I let you know what I will be taking.

I will take a waist pack and a water bottle. As it looks like that only water is available at the drinks stations I will take some High5 tablets with me which I can put in the bottle when i re-fill it at the stations. I will also take Jelly babies and Glucose tablets and a couple of protein bars. I will also take blister plasters in my waist pack. i will also take other items such a sunscreen to put on before the race, sunglasses, cap etc

hope it helps a bit

See you Sunday image

That's great - thanks image  Jelly babies are def on my list!  I'm guessing the water stations will be every 6 miles or so - can't see it mentioned in the race pack.

Really looking forward to Sunday. I know the weather can be changeable but it's looking pretty good right now!  Should be a good run image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Rich Cassidy wrote (see)
    Jindalee wrote (see)

Hi MC3 and Rich

Welcome image

hope it helps a bit

See you Sunday image

That's great - thanks image  Jelly babies are def on my list!  I'm guessing the water stations will be every 6 miles or so - can't see it mentioned in the race pack.

Really looking forward to Sunday. I know the weather can be changeable but it's looking pretty good right now!  Should be a good run image

Another gorgeous morning here image hopefully it stays like this. 

Rich they have a route map on their website and it looks like there are 13 water stations on the route plus at start and finish so I think we should be fine image

I also count 6 WC plus at start and finish in case anyone would like to know 

• I've only just read my pack, am I right in thinking that I register and park at Avebury, run the race through to Stonehenge, then my coach ticket is to allow me to be brought back to Avebury at the end? 

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    EKGO wrote (see)

I've only just read my pack, am I right in thinking that I register and park at Avebury, run the race through to Stonehenge, then my coach ticket is to allow me to be brought back to Avebury at the end? 

Think it depends which side you picked when you registered. if you picked to park at Avebury I assume you need to take your ticket with you on the run so you can catch the coach from Stonehenge back to your car at Avebury.

Coach times are on the website 

http://www.wiltshirewildlife.org/sarsen-trail/checkin_and_start_transport.htm

• Jindalee wrote (see)
    Rich Cassidy wrote (see)
    Jindalee wrote (see)

Hi MC3 and Rich

Welcome image

hope it helps a bit

See you Sunday image

Another gorgeous morning here image hopefully it stays like this. 

Rich they have a route map on their website and it looks like there are 13 water stations on the route plus at start and finish so I think we should be fine image

I also count 6 WC plus at start and finish in case anyone would like to know 

Thanks for the replies everyone, think its going to be waist belt and jelly babies for this one. Looking forward to it, looks like the weathers going to be spot on....

• Thanks for the replies.  Looks like loads of water stops so no need to carry any which is a bonus.

Good forecast too so fingers crossed.

Just got to get this IT band under control now!  How hard can that be image

• Drove past the early part of the route earlier on this afternoon. Bright sunshine, dry tracks and great views. Looking very good for Sunday!

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Rich Cassidy wrote (see)

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like loads of water stops so no need to carry any which is a bonus.

Good forecast too so fingers crossed.

Just got to get this IT band under control now!  How hard can that be image

Hope your IT band will be ok on Sunday! i am fighting my calf atm which I managed to strain on an easy run wed morning.

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Richie H wrote (see)

Drove past the early part of the route earlier on this afternoon. Bright sunshine, dry tracks and great views. Looking very good for Sunday!

Thats sounds really good Rich. Really looking forward to Sunday image

• Hi Jindalee - I know you have a lot to deal with in your life so just wanted to wish you very best of luck for the marathon. I hope the weather is good for you, particularly while you wait at the finish line.

David - I hope you have done slightly more training than you are saying and that the marathon doesn't make you cry like a baby. It is a little disappointing that Monday is a Bank Holiday as I am looking forward to reading all about it!! 

Good luck to everyone else running too.

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Good luck DF3. Don't worry about any injuries like getting your arm cut off. I know a good  physio who can deal with that afterwards.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

DF - man up! Enjoy the race. Its an achievement to complete a marathon, I don't expect you to run this oneimage
    hopefully you don't have a '128 hours'  incident with one of the trenches on the plain and have to sever a leg using an improvised saw made from a lucozade bottle and the drawstring from your shorts..
    Hell even if you have to walk it , shouldn't take more than 6 hrs...

Jindalee - there is plenty of tea and cake at the finish and you can always pick up the 152 bus into Salisbury for a bit of shopping while you kill time waiting for DF to finish.

Good luck to everyone running this one, its a good race. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Jindalee, after you finish you could always do what we do on club runs and loop back to collect the slower runners.

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

Hi Jindalee - I know you have a lot to deal with in your life so just wanted to wish you very best of luck for the marathon. I hope the weather is good for you, particularly while you wait at the finish line.

David - I hope you have done slightly more training than you are saying and that the marathon doesn't make you cry like a baby. It is a little disappointing that Monday is a Bank Holiday as I am looking forward to reading all about it!! 

Good luck to everyone else running too.

Thank you very much skinny fetish fan! image yes i hope for nice weather as I am not a fan running around in the rain for hours