Garmin FR310

kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

....so I've been a bit old fashion just running with a watch that records the length of time I've been out pounding the streets. And relying on perceived effort when considering the intensity of my runs.

But now I want to believe that I'll be super duper fast if I invest in a garmin thingy. 

Have people used the FR310? People seem to talk about the 410 in a mixed way, but not a lot about the 310. Your superior advice would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

310xt? Is newer 305, only waterproof and orange. Square and not sleek or sexy but does the job, very straightforward, hard to press the wrong button!

• David it just wont do coming on here answering with a serious non contentious answer. image

I have had the 310 for four years and and never had a problem with it, the sreen is large enough to see easily and with only a couple of button to press its quite simple. I must at some point upgrade but until mine goes wrong I'll stick with it. 310 can be picked up quite cheaply now I believe.

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Thank you! 

Now I'm worried that I find it sexy and there must be something wrong with me. image

Simple sounds good. I'm sold. 

• very easy to use, very easy to set up, 

I had th 305 for years and recently upgraded to the 910xt, which is the next evolution in the multisport/triathlon range, I missed the 310 which is a good sign that the 305 lasts as long as it did, and im sure the 310 will last just as long. 

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

image thanks. 

It's arriving on Friday. Whoop! 

• Does the 310xt come with a heart rate monitor? As it doesn't seem to be very clear in the description on various sites ive looked at.

Amazon does list it as "310xt HRM" but the description still doesn't list a heart rate monitor.

Last question. If it doesn't have one would it pick up my polar hrm?

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

The 310xt is sold with or without a heart rate monitor. Check the product description to see if the hrm is included and check the price too. At the time of writing Amazon is selling the unit alone at £165 or so and the hrm version at £190 or so.

There are better suppliers like handtec out there, and for all I know they might even pay their fair share of corporation tax.

Alternatively you can buy an hrm separately. Any Garmin one will do, or any Ant+ hrm. A Polar hrm won't work with a Garmin unless it's Ant+ (and I think Polar don't use Ant+).

• Cheers for the info Muttley

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

I bought mine from thurgo - a website I have never heard of before.  They sold the watch for £126 which came with the usb stick thing, and the heart rate monitor for £27.  You could buy the two together for £156, but then it came without the usb  stick thing.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I got mine for £126 plus p&p from satnaveasy, also a site I hadn't heard of before.

It arrived in a plain garmin box and although it didn't specify on the website it looked like a factory refurb or return. Not complaining though because for the price I figured it would be that.