Capitalising on a marathon and a half

Okay, confession time.  I've probably done a total of about 10 training runs this year, most of them short, none more than about 9 miles.  

I had a VLM place deferred from 2012 which I wasn't going to do because I knew my training was totally inadequate.  Then the Boston marathon bombings happened and i was damned if I was going to waste my place, so I ran/walked it in 6:14. I'd also booked my local half marathon, a week after London (bear in mind I didn't think I was going to do London at the time).  That was on Sunday.  I didn't know how my body was going to react — I was half expecting it to go "Seriously? Are you ****ing kidding me?  No way love, you're on your own on this one!" — but it felt pretty good and I finished with a PB of 2:19:07

Obviously I know it's completely stupid to do these kinds of things without enough training and I promise never to do it again but now that I have and I'm in a situation where I'm able to run more frequently I want to capitalise my current form.  

Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of training I should put in from this point on?  The only other race I currently have booked in is a 10k in July.  

Comments