Morning.

Lyrics - When I was small, and christmas trees were tall

It's normal NZC - you're tapering.

Blisters - the joy of multisporting.

What:             swim test set
Why:              coach insists
Last hard:       21/4
Last rest:        27/4

Yesterday's lyrics were No Distance Left To Run by Blur.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

howdie, and happy labour day to the europeans..
    what - 5 mile easy bimble down to the Palace and back I reckon
    why - recovery
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - saturday
    lyric - I think I should..

have a super day!

• Morning

What:5M Steady.

Why: The kind of runs I used to do and felt like doing again. Dunno if that makes any senseimage

Back later.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

MORNING

LYRICS WHY YES!

oops pipe down wabo...

yes birkmyre, had one myself this morning

dustin sounds like a nice 5 mile! Nice morning for it

morning lmh!

what: 3 miles tempo - 26.30

why: wabo wants t o

last hard: the tempo up hill bit this morning

last easy: yesterday

have a good un all

So over that gfa thing.....

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

where is eveyone? 5.1 miles done, mobbed (with tourists) around Buck Palace & the Mall, but a scorching day to be outside!!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

I'm here

No running work last night  few hours sleep then interview at work for another position think went well won't know for another week

Yes it is lovely out there

• Fingers crossed Pammie - you kept that quiet!

I was thinking the same Dustin - about it being quiet anyway, not exactly scorching here but dry, bright and still.

Swim test went better than expected. It seems that all my swimming needed was an increase in the volume of my overall training and the incentive of being told to time a set and report back - fastest I've swum all year!

• What: nothing
    Why: on call potentially busy
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last rest and recuperation: yesterday
    Lyrics: sorryimage

Good luck Pammie
    Very target driven LM.H (but don't tell your line manager! image)

Dustin, Wabo, BM
    3-5 miles appears to be order of today (but I'll leave that until tomorrow (work allowing) or Friday

Nicer day now but horrible early this morning (CBA for dawn swim but 2 of group did venture out!)

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Hello, hello....just having a funny 5 minutes regarding my running future so sorry for the absence: Sorted now I think. Just had to kick start the motivation engine.
    Lyrics: Yep
    What: TKD training and step 2,3, back 2,3 (This dancing lark is quite exhausting straight after TKD
    Why: It's Wednesday
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Last Hard: VLM

• Fortunately being self employed and on an a-typical contract line management is a distant memory OH!

SC - nice to see you. Have you made a decision about Embra?

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Leaving it late today, about to head out for a 10 miler at a good pace.  Lovely night mind you, looking forward to it. 

lyrics, naa.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Been struggling a bit, including with the lyrics! Yesterday legs felt rather battered after QofP, but managed 20 mins off road and undulating. Today only ran for 10 mins as still felt too many tender patches. Hopefully legs will feel a little more up to it tomorrow.

Not many sleeps now, NZC!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 6.5 mile run earlier, 2.4k swim at lunchtime (not something i can usually do but capitalised on an opportunity today.

Tried on my Tri suit this evening. jasas - the stone of timber shows - I'm afraid to try the wetsuit.

I suppose i'm still a long way off last years general fitness level. Still, the bigger targets are some way off yet!!

Ale  - Progression..................

LMH - between yesterdays session and that swim test, I'd say the Iron Lady is still around.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

What a lovely, still night it is here.  Was perfect for running.  10 miles, 69:22 Great to be in the 60s again! image

• 570 miles. No, that's not the April stats, that's what I've driven as commuting miles since Monday.

Today is taxi night, so nothing doing yet, if at all.
    Lyrics? Nope, they are by LMH, so I've no chance.

Stats: yeah, I'll look them out. We'll see what de minimis looks like.

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Yikes Blisters. That's a ghastly commute.  Do you do that sort of mileage often?

Yes indeed, glorious night for out.  Hope the run matched the weather. 

Ale, Legs aside, do you reckon you are much knackered by the treatment?  Does it have an effect systemically on how fast small stresses recover?  If so, are there particular aspects of care and feeding that pertain to assist in the recovery from, for example, training?

Stray Celt - TKD?

Pammie - finger's crossed for the job.

LMH - you seem to be back in business, having taken a London PB in stride as it were.

Me? "speed" session with the Hash, including core.  On the menu for this evening - 3 kilometer reps, except I only did two.  Consistent though: 7:15 and 7:17.  I was properly done by the end of that too.

tomorrow is a rest day.

Go well all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening again!

Sounds that you are getting fit, Don!

Stickless: TKD is taikwando (I hope that is a decent attempt at spelling it!). Re the treatment, I really don't know what affect it is having. The consultant has treated over 2000 patients and said I was one of the fittest, which is worrying! And none of them run, as far as he knows, although he is more than happy for me to do so. I am tired a lot of the time: post treatment I am getting up to go to the loo in the night, which I rarely did before. A small price to pay, but it does mess up the sleep pattern. Also, having retired once, I seem to be back to working close to full time, and enjoying it. Another little stress, though, not least getting on the road by 7.15! Too many variables! On the positive side it is great to be running at all...and a significant point is that I also missed over a year of running with the Achilles issue, so fitness levels are not great anyway. Sorry for the ramble!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.