Adidas Adios Boost

PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

So the new fangled polystyrene stuff appears in some race shoes.  I like the look of these but I'm not gonna be a guinea pig on a pair of shoes that cost over a tonne!  Anyone??

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/1/21186055.jpg

Phwoaarr!!

Comments

• I'm seriously tempted! I've been pondering a pair of boosts since launch and have resisted the first two iterations. These however look fanastic and I might finally bite the bullet and get a pair. Just spotted them on the Sweatshop site....... 

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Web code LMVTW - £20 off shoes at Sweatshop. You know it makes senseimage

• Bit confused actually as many sites suggest these aren't being launched until the autumn yet Sweatshop have them?? There's nothing saying they're 'pre order' but equally nothing saying 'in stock'!

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

They would go rather well with the club vest teamed with orange shorts...

• try some on 1st, ive owned 2 pairs of adiZero's and both were ridiculously small.

i wear an 11or 11.5. my adiZeros are 12.5 and even a 13 for my track spikes. 

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

I tried these at the VLM expo to replace my Adios 2. main difference I found is that the toe box is much wider as there's no overlay on the outside of that part of the shoe anymore. they may well suit those like Marc but personally, I like the narrowness of the Adios 2. They did feel really springy on the treadmill though.

the shoes aren't available to mere mortals until August apparently. You could have bought them at the Expo or Adidas Oxford St on the weekend of VLM though

• I was a huge fan on the original Adios and ran for over 1,000 miles in my original pair  - raced my first marathon in them too. When I replaced them with my Adios 2 though I was sorely disappointed - they just didn't fit the same or feel as minimal. The Adios Boost though look pretty damn good, the question is are they good enough to tempt me out of my Newton Distance?

• Was in a Sweatshop the other day and was surprised to see they did indeed have the adios Boost in stock. Refrained from trying them on for fear of wanting them there and then, but there definitely felt like more flexibility in the forefoot than the adios 2 when held in my hands.

• I bought a pair at the VLM expo and run the marathon in them straight out the box, risky but had no problems with them, there a top shoe in my opinion.....light and responsive but agree that they are wider than the adios 2 in the toe box

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Bloomin 'eck anthony. Fancy a game of Running Shoe Russian Roulette . image

PhilPub wrote (see)

They would go rather well with the club vest teamed with orange shorts...

I'm guessing there is no sock dilema - 1 of each colour again.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Also-ran wrote (see)

I'm guessing there is no sock dilema - 1 of each colour again.

Yeah, definitely. Could be tricky finding a pair that come in both blue and fluoro-orange, although that little bit of fluoro-yellow trim gives me easier matching options.

• Just ordered a pair off the Sweatshop website, confirmation email has arrived, so I wait in earnest For Mr Postman!

if they were not available till late this year, How have Sweatshop got their hands on them?

Damn - Wish I'd seen that money off code above! Nevermind I'm sure it'll be £110 well spent!

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

any more reviews of this??

• Thanks for posting this. Was gutted I couldn't make it down to the VLM Expo to pick a pair of these up, but just put in my order using the code so made up with a pair at £93.99 delivered!

They didn't have my usual size 10 so had to go a half up, but I was racing in some size 10 Adios 2 last night and I was thinking I could go half a size bigger as my toe was pretty much touching the end so maybe it's the right size.

• Hi There,

I bought a pair of these traininers about a month ago and my verdict on these is that you can notice a big difference from my old Brooks Ravenna 3 but personally there not worth the price and i think i was just taken in by the media hype. They are very soft and extremley light and they do offer brilliant support without having to have a bulky trainer but personally i was i had gone with the new Kayano 19. 

• Vincent McDonald wrote (see)

Hi There,

I bought a pair of these traininers about a month ago and my verdict on these is that you can notice a big difference from my old Brooks Ravenna 3 but personally there not worth the price and i think i was just taken in by the media hype. They are very soft and extremley light and they do offer brilliant support without having to have a bulky trainer but personally i was i had gone with the new Kayano 19. 

Bit of an odd comparision there though isn't it? Comparing some neutral racing flats (even though they're not quite as extreme as other flats) to bulky cushioned support shoes? I would have thought the Adistar Boost would have been a more comparable shoe.

On another note, does anyone know what it means when your Sweatshop order status is "Exported"?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Vincent - was it the adios boost you got, or the adistar boost?

• Vincent McDonald wrote (see)

Hi There,

Are you sure you got the adizero adios Boost? As gazhowell said, it would be odd to compare a lightweight marathon shoe with an Asics support shoe with a massive heel.

• Mine arrived today, wasn't expecting them as no updates from Sweatshop.

Definitely pleased I went half a size up to a 10.5, although I think I should really be a 10.5 in Adios 2 anyway so I'd probably say they are the same (lenthwise) as the Adios 2. As others have said the toebox is completely different - there's no stitched overlays so the whole toebox feels quite flimsy and soft with the coolever mesh; not in a bad way though but it definitely gives you the feeling of more room for your toes to move around without making the actual shoe wider.

They do seem fairly soft just walking about in them - still not entirely convinced I want soft in a racing flat to be honest, although I do recall that when I ran in the Energy Boost the material seemed to be a lot more responsive if you wanted to push the pace a bit, they seemed to firm up in the forefoot - hopefully these will be the same. Not as mushy as Nikes though so still got the good Adidas feel.

I can see these being good for those people whose legs fatigue in longer races when wearing traditional flats. Will see how they hold up this weekend on something shorter though.

• MedicalertMedicalert ✭✭✭

Saw them today in Sweatshop and they happened to have a pair that fit so.... Well I couldn't resist.

Not able to run for a few more days (hangover from the Hamburg marathon a couple of weeks back) but then I'll get to give them a proper run out.

But initial impression is that they are so light and very comfortable, although finding a good size seems tricky. 10 would be cramped for the toes 10 & 1/2 maybe a smidge too big.

Still next week will tell!

• It's always best for your shoes to be ever so slightly too big when trying them on as it means they'll be fine when your feet swell when you run. 

• In case anyone is interested my Adios Boost came today and I ran a fairly steady 11K in them (1 minute/mile under 5K pace) - they feel very quick, just enough mid/front cushion for forefoot striking.

I usually take a 10.5UK in Nike (I'd say I had pretty wide feet).  My Energy Boost are 10.5s too and are fine for 5K's but toward the end of a 10K they feel tight (I have, though, run up to 12.5 miles in them so far but they are not massively comfortable toward the end - sizing error purchase but as there were no 11's in stock anywhere at the time, I kept them).  I went a full size up to 11.5UK in the Adios boost and today they felt fine, foot hugging but roomy toe box, a little loose perhaps at the heel but playing with the laces sorted it and they were very comfortable for the whole 6.5 miles.

• I raced in these today and they're fantastic. Didn't even bother breaking them in just put them straight on out of the box. They felt a bit soft walking round in them but as soon as you put a bit of pace down they firm up nicely in the forefoot and are really responsive. I definitely prefer them to my Adios 2 and I've had loads of pairs of them, it had to take something special to beat those ones. 

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

That's interesting Gaz - I ordered some Adios2 from adidas as they had a wide fitting - haven't worn them out yet so thinking of ordering these and sending the others back if feel better. Do these feel noticibly wider than the Adios 2's?

• They're not much wider down the sides of the shoe really, but there is noticeably more room in the toebox. With the coolever mesh they do seem less tight overall though, maybe that's because the quite rigid stitching on the adios 2 made them feel even more narrow than they were already so this softer approach is a lot more comfortable. Kind of reminds me a bit of how the Saucony Kinvara feels.

Can't recommend them enough though, that's only if they suit your feet I suppose. Oh and Sweatshop will only be stocking the half sizes for some reason. 

• Can't recommend these enough!! I have owned a couple of pairs of Adios 2 love them.     The first impression with the Adios Boost was that they were too spongy, however, after running them on a 10k race this morning I sold totally. They seem to almost firm up as you build up the speed and distance. They are light, very responsive and very comfortable. A very very good shoe!

• Just ran Eyam HM in them today - very comfortable at a full size up from my normal Nikes.  Still decent on the steep downhill sections at breakneck speeds (for me).

• Really keen to get a pair however as I'm a size 10 in the Adios 2 I'm unsure of whether to risk ordering a size 10.5. 

I'll be wearing them for marathon distance racing so maybe some extra room for swelling wouldn't be a bad thing? 

Appreciate thoughts from those who already own a pair. 

• Hi,

I am normally a 9 in a normal shoe. In the Adios 2 a 10 and the Adios Boost 91/2. My feeling is that the boost has a lot more room than the standard Adios