Thursday 2nd May 2013

Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Lyrics: Come gather 'round people, Wherever you roam

Morning  thought start today  these lyrics came to mind whilst at work probably not heard for a while

LMH Job literally  came up at the weekend  so short notice didn't know I had the interview till Tuesday evening so short  notice least it didn't give me time to sweat over it

Thanks Stickless,LMH and OH

What: a scalping (haircut) and  hopefully 3 mile run walk
Why: it needs it  in both cases
Last Hard: getting through today (or rather yesterday) been a long day

Comments

• Mornng

What: Hills x 7 reps, (walk down recovery) mile warm up and down

Why: My Thus session now

Cold, wee bit friosty, sunny

Thanks for starting thread Pammie. I'd a song lined up

Back later.

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were First Of May by the Bee Gees.

Save it for tomorrow birks! Early start for you again?

Pammie - thanks for starting the thread - I'm running out of ideas.

Alehouse - standard radiotherapy is acknowledged to cause tiredness so I'm not sure why your version wouldn't and needing to get up in the night could well be due to that too.

Paddy - the timber will shift as the season progresses, tri suits are not the most flattering but wetsuits stretch well image

Blisters - that's an awful lot of miles and time.

Stickless - sounds as though you've earned the rest day.

What:          long bike (well, these things are relative)
    Why:           it's all about the bike for a while
    Last hard:    21/4
    Last rest:     27/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all
    Don - speedy! Whats next target race (& time?)
    Blisters - how long will the long commute last?
    Paddy - now you know why I don't wear lycra!

what - 6 tempo & junior coaching
    why - Thursday session
    last rest - saturday
    last hard - Tuesday

lyric - dont think so

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Tee hee - I know the lyrics!  surprise.  That's rare.

LMH - wetsuits are no fun, and too snug wetsuits are No Fun.  One of the reason I was never anything but a warm weather sailor. The back of my knees itch even to see one.  I'll never make a pirate!

Pammie - enjoy that light headed feeling.  Have you a particular goal in mind that you are working up to?

Me? nothing, as planned.  The good news is that I don't feel half as broken this week following the hash training session as I did last week.  I feel as if I am back into the mindset of it.  Also made a deal with work that I would take things a bit easier for a while.  Work has a lot to answer for.  That should help.

Anybody seen 40 minutes lately?

• Morning all.

A different day, a different location. The next two days are within 10 miles of home. Mind you, I still feel a bit groggy, and frustrated that I missed a training session yesterday. The car is loaded with run and swim kit for "just in case".

Let's have good vibes that it's an early bunk off day.

Lyrics? Pammie, you'll have to be careful with that punctuation.
    Come gather round people, wherever you roam. (You roam and round people join you)
    Come gather round people wherever you roam. (An invitation from a roamer to people in general to gather round, no matter where they roam)
    Come gather, round people, wherever you roam. (An invitation to round people)
    Come, gather round people wherever you roam. (An instruction to collect some round people on your travels)

I think it was the rogue apostrophe that caugh my eye!

• Younger sons last full day at school today. He's in 6th Year and his exam leave start tomorrow. Where did all that time go...

LMH: Yeah sun shining through our window so was wakened,

• Jasas I'll have to mind my grammar around here.

1 hr turbo sesion d&d. Small swim and easy run later.

Easy day tomorrow. rest saturday, lycra clad race sunday - I'll be one of those old funny looking blokes!!.

LMH - havent built up the courage to try the wetsuit yet (and I'm OWing next week)

• Threatened little Miss PM this morning that if she didn't behave i'd run around her school wearing my Tri suit - seems to have worked!!

• Paddy: No wonder that threat worked mateimage

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning again

Blisters point  taken Are you  teacher? image In my defence  was pretty tired

Guess you know the lyrics

Birkmyre Sorry image

Stickless running related or general Long  term is a GFA (sorry sore subject) joined a thread on Fetch  the aim is being on the Startline  in London 2016 having GFA qualified

In the meantime gearing up to LFOTM in Hyde Park in June (5km) might not  be pretty  but have promised Ceal a few of the over 60s will be there, there is of course a little marathon in Oct (Chester) if  I get fit enough image

• Almost started the thread at 01:00 this morning (just back from call in to hospital) but was too tired to think of suitable lyrics (or anything meaningful to say)image

I once horrified my then teenage daughter by travelling home on the service bus clad in a drysuit after a one way paddle - "but some of my friends might have seen you"

What: hopefully run with JS group (if on call quiet)
    Why: Thursday
    Last Rest: yesterdayLast Hard: Monday
    Lyrics: no (even though I mght be termed one of the "round people"! image)

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

doesn't matter what I wear,say or do, my 15yo is embarrased by me...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

wow that's amazing what a difference an apostrophe makes!

enjoy the haircut pammie, mine is desperate!

paddy, that's a funny threat! My son probably would have loved it and wanted to join in at that age, he had a strange dress sense..

stickless that sounds like a good mind set

what: club pyramid session tonight - yay I am doing sessions with my club mates!!

why: been doing my own thing so long..

last hard: yesterday am tempo

last easy: putting my adorable granddaughter to bed last night and giving mama a break.

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What a super day for my first proper long bike of the year. Far from fast but a little over 51 miles ridden. I'll take that.

Blister's - good vibes being beamed your way.

Wabo - great that you have the girls to enjoy for so long.

Pammie - good to have targets.

OH - hope on call is quiet.

• LMH, Nice biking (another rogue apostrophe, but I shall take that one through gritted teeth and assume that you were deliberately winding me up!)

Pammie*, no I'm not a teacher. I do have to write and publish a technical report every day, against time pressures. I blame my wife for the pedantry, if that is what accuracy is called these days. She's a linguist. Does anyone else find it fun to shout at Radio 4 when the Education Minister confuses less with fewer?

Dustin, if you embarass your 15 year old, then you are clearly succeeding as a parent.

• Blisters - might have been image could just have been post bike tiredness of course but as I was proofreading an essay for a dyslexic student this morning I hope not! How is that early finish looking?

• Afternoon

What 10ish
    Why day off and the sun is shining
    Lyrics yes

It was either running by the river or mowing the grass.
    The mower is beckoning me now as I type......

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh lmh my bike is calling me it's been so long!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Considering doing a run and a bike session every 2nd day .

• Yes it is, of course, the prime responsibility of every parent to embarass their offspringimage

Grass hasn't begun to grow here yet (not warm enough! still only 8C today)image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

At last, a beautiful day! 18.5 degrees, which when working is just right. There was frost on the cars this morning, though!

What: 20 mins or so later...
    Why: if the legs start responding. May even wear shorts to train in for the first time in 2013!

I would be accused by my children of being a pedant with regard to grammar if they knew what it meant!

Daughter got her first teaching job for September yesterday, working in a boys' secondary school. No doubt she will become a pedant in French and Spanish!

Lyrics: yes!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Birkmyre, same for my eldest, last day tomorrow.

alehouse, she's chosen the best profession, congrats to her image

Dustin, 20 mile race this weekend. possibly 2:25.  Half marathon next weekend, 1:30 hopefully. marathon on 26 May, 3:10.  

Not ran yet and no to the lyrics!

• 6 wet and cold (6C) miles with JS group image
    Where's your half Donaldo?

• Get on yer bikes people - it's great.

Tried on wetsuit - cant get zip up - Still some timber to burn. Need to burn it quick - OW is beckoning and looking nice today!!!!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Loch Leven half.  Cracking course.

6 easy tonight. No watch.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

what - 5.75m
    Why - too nice out not to run
    Last hard - VLM
    Last Rest - Tues

Take care