Half marathon task

HI, i can probably only run 3 miles at present but i am being pushed to enter a half marathon in 6 months time for charity. Id love to do it but am unsure to if i am up for the task. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Hi Jack, fellow newbie here so can't offer much advice other than yes, it is certainly possible and lots of training plans for you to choose from. Maybe spend the next few months building up base mileage then go fo a 12-16 weeks HM plan? Am sure some more seasoned advice will be along shortly.

Good luck and keep us informedimage

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

As Andi says, there are lots of resources and people on this site to help getting you half marathon fit if you chose to do so. The first question you need to ask is do you want to do it - pier pressure aside. You should be prepared to commit to regular running, and to build up the mileage and endurance using one of the plans. This takes time and is a big commitment in itself.

If you want to do it, then there is plenty of time - but you would be surprised how many people sign up, and then the months drift by before they train image. Take a look on the Training section of the website for some plans that could be used.