Milton Keynes Marathon

Comments

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Green 1162 hoping  for sub 5h... Fingers crossed... 

agree about it seeming to be a bit narrow, but it's not going to be an issue for me, as I'll be at the back.

• do you still have pink hair booktrunk? if so i'll come say hi if i see you, its a pretty small field, cant be that hard to spot.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I'll have pale violet hair image

pink ronhill top, and ronhill purple n pink shorts.

Green 1162 number with my name Stephanie on itimage

• i saw your number on the MKMarathon Facebook page, you posted on the wall (I was looking for some answers about parking)

I'm wearing a full Ron Hill Patriot gear too, i'll keep an eye out for you. also in the green pen , but then i think everyone not an elite is.

• brer rabbitbrer rabbit ✭✭✭

Hey, I'll look out for you booktrunk..I reckon I can spot the hair!image

• last run done this morning, steady 4 miler, rest now until Monday hope everyone else ok, really looking forward to it now, just hope it does not get too hot

• Hi all - feeling slightly apprehensive as I have a cold that is turning into a chesty cough.. I have not been ill at all all winter and great luck, I am catching a bug just before the marathon... image .

Training has been going so well, I thought I was read.... I have been out for an easy 8 miler this morning, my legs are certainly ready for the distance but i feel light headed...

wish me luck..

• Hi all

Entered this after having to pull out after 15 miles in London, Just had one of those days. The weather looks like its going to be hot, does anyone know if there are many shaded areas on this course. Sun doesn't like big bald guys like me.
  • I signed up for MK after training for my first marathon in New York last year and it getting cancelled. I wanted an oficial time other than the 26.2 i did round central park on my own to feel like i earnt the money raised: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/104870153/299385

Hoping i can do sub 4Hr's...Good luck everyone taking part!!

• Apples1927 wrote (see)
    Hi all

Entered this after having to pull out after 15 miles in London, Just had one of those days. The weather looks like its going to be hot, does anyone know if there are many shaded areas on this course. Sun doesn't like big bald guys like me.

yeah me too, im 6ft3 and heat and running do not go so well for me. i hope its cloudy at least.

Just packed my suntan lotionimage..only 5 feet 1 so I'm further away from the sun..an unfair advantage there! Last 10 miles just done..physio tomorrow, 4 miles on Saturday then chill on Sunday!

• Good luck everyone! Not long now.

It looks like it could be quite hot.

One more short run on Sat for me, then fingers crossed!

I'm running for Cancer Research UK and have raised nearly £600 so far.

Enjoy the day.

• Good luck everyone going to be a warm one, only a 1 mile jog with my 7 year old son on Sunday for me

take care everyone

• Hi All,

Just feeling better after a bad cold caught hold of me at beginning of the week. Apparently it's very common to get ill when tapering. Your body lets go and the glue thats been holding you together disappears. Probably did me a favour as forced me to totally rest up.

Tried a gentle 5 km this morning and felt brill! So really looking forward to Monday now.

Good luck to everyone running. Don't forget the suncream, its going to be hot! 

• Last run yesterday, just rest, eat and drink until Monday. In a book I have by Norrie Williamson it suggests 30 bananas a day for carb loading. Anyone else eating crazy amounts of carbs?

Hells Bells Seth, 30 bananasimage

No crazy carbs for me..done that before and felt crap on race day. Tomorrow-porridge, jacket potato and cottage cheese, 2 cereal bars and a tin of rice pudding. Sunday-porridge, tin of Spag bol, 2 packets of low fat popcorn, 2 sandwiches and crisps, 4 low fat, low fibre porridge biscuits and small pot of rice pudding. Got me round VLM in 3:34 with no toilet issues so happy with that.

• Not one banana will be passing my lips, Seth. I can't stand them! I will feed up on pasta tomorrow and Sunday though. I won't be anywhere near as fast as you Brer Rabbit, so can blame the stodge for slowing me down, or more likely the heat.

• the heat is likely to ruin any chance i had of running a sub4, but who knows, its supposed to be cloudy too so the breeze might be cooling, in the shadows, as long as the sun is not beating down it wont be too bad. 

• I only entered on Sunday, after breaking an 18 year old PB for half marathon, so haven't done any "proper" long runs (not counting the 30k and 20 mile PBs in Feb/March) though I have bimbled around 600 miles so far this year.

Sub 4 would be fantastic (PB is 4:13 atm) but race-tie predictions suggest anything as unimaginable as 3:45. Yikes!

Also drivng nonstop from Lincoln just to add to the madness! hope I can drive home again afterwards!

LOL Kate..I'm treating MK as a training run..no time target, just enjoy a day out in the sunimage

Lots of last minute entries going in...let's just party all the way roundimage

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

30 bananas a day! image For average size bananas that is over 800g of carbs without even eating anything else in the day. 8 to 10g of carbs per KG of bodyweight is the often touted figure for those carb loading. Carby meals with a few carby snacks in between is enough for me.

• im just replacing rice and potatos with pasta all week, usually works ok for me, snack on soreen and poridge for breakfast, not exactly carb loading but a more carb based diet for a week before hand. 

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

Why do you give up rice and spuds for pasta Mark. Rice in particular has a very high carb content - check the dry weight %.

Any excuse for extra helpings of rice pudimage

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Salmon n Philly bagels for brekkie until Monday and homemade pasta each night, bacon and egg Sarnie for lunch sat and sausage and egg sarnie Sunday (both on brown bread). 

might do a daily banana milkshake with peanut butter but not sure if that is overkill.

• i dont really eat many potatos anyway, i guess just an excuse to have something different to eat, also when i make a pasta meal, pasta makes up the vast majority of the meal, where as rice is a side to a curry or chilli etc. 

• I am eating roughly the same but ... more of it! And shortbread!!

If anybody sees me come say hello, no. 1962, name 'Barbara', I have long dark hair, and a cough!!

(now I have admitted to being ill nobody will want to stand near me)

Also-ran wrote (see)

Why do you give up rice and spuds for pasta Mark. Rice in particular has a very high carb content - check the dry weight %.

Any excuse for extra helpings of rice pudimage

Rice pudding is the food of the godsimage

Tis warming up nicely out there Team MK!!

• The book says you can have 30 potatoes instead or 2.8kilos of pasta which equals about 600g of carbs. I make smoothies with the bananas tastes lovely. Has given me some extra wind, don't know how that will translate to running.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

eeeeek less than 24h to go image