Morning from a dreich West of Scotland

Todays lyrics:We'll be singing, when we're winning

Dunno if used thsese recently, I can't remember ! Apologies if so

What:4.5M Steady

Why: Just a recovery

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Couldn't think of any lyrics. Don't recall these being used recently birks. Another nice start to the day here but it's not forecast to be as nice as yesterday was.

Hope you have a great marathon NZC!

What:             another 2 - 3 hours on the bike
    Why:              playing catch up
    Last hard:       21/4
    Last rest:        27/4

Lyrics - familiar but can't name that tune.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

What 7 with hills
    Why unable to run commute
    Lyrics Yes

Have a day in the classroom at work today sp will be finishing a bit to close to school pick up so need to cycle home.

They forcast snow in Scotland this morning.

• Morning LMH and postie

Snow ? Surely not...well it is Scotland !

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: yes...to the band...can never remember the title. One band member has a running connection!

What: another 20 mins or so slow
    Why: see if legs work. They didn't really last night but plodded the 20 minutes, largely on grass that is currently dry and rutted.

As I type have just heard of hill snow in Scotland. Very grey here.

Have been asked to work today, so off shortly.

must stretch more.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all
    snow???  another scorcher down here...
    Don - good luck with the races...
    what - something easy (if at all); did 4 tempo yesterday at lunchtime plus U11 coaching a the club
    why - planning a lsr tomorrow first thing while youngest swims
    last hard - wednesday
    last rest - saturday

lyric - i sure do

• donaldo: Hope your eldest has a good last day today.

ale: Yeah one band member does have running connection.

• Actually in this part of scotland it's the nicest morning so far this week image
    Downside is I'm not in a frame of mind to enjoy it (got to my bed at 2:45 after call in)

What: possibly gentle pool swim after work
    Why: see aboveLast Hard: tempted to say early this morning (see above)
    Last Rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: no

Is it this weekend NZC?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lyrics yes!

morning...

nzc run well if it is this weekend

alehouse my club pyramid session was on dry rutted grass, makes you keep the eyes peeled!

what: nothing

why: playing with my little cleo later

last hard: last nights session

last easy: weds

have a great long weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 4th for NZC I believe - hence me posting the good luck today, trying to catch her before she races.

Just short of 33 miles on the bike for me today. Not quite as warm as yesterday and a little windier but still good conditions. Was tempted to stay out a little longer but hoping for quite a big weekend so no point in pushing it today.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • A'noon and still wet up here...

LMH: A good 33miler on the bike.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Afternoon all!

Just popping in to wish NZC well for the weekend. Anyone else racing?

We had a bank holiday on Wednesday (labour day). Beautiful weather so we did a long-ish bike tour in the forest (gotta love mountain bikes image). Then horrid day at work yesterday image.

Now absolutely ready for da weekend image

what: 5 slow miles
    why: can't do fast at the moment!
    last hard: 21/4
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: no

• Weather still nice here - possibly getting my arm twisted to convert that gentle pool swim into an OW swim ...

Chickadee:"why: can't do fast at the moment!" wonder why image

All the best tomorrow NZC

Glad you got out for a ride LM.H

• Still wet !

NZC: All the best for tomorrow.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Rest day today.  Fingers crossed for a helpful wind tomorrow for the one-way 20 miler. A fortunate direction will make a big difference. image  

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭

Just stopped in to wish NZC all the best.  Hope it goes well.

For myself, have to report that I wimped out today.  Late night last night (concert), stressful day at work yesterday, was simply hopelessly tired.  Got through the day with the aid of three impromptu naps.  Perhaps an unplanned rest day was needed.  Won't be able to make it up over the weekend, as visiting friends and family.  Oh well.  A spot of training in Cornwall is on the books for next weekimage.

• Stickless, I think that napping is under-rated. You only took three because you felt too guilty to do the job properly with one decent kip of 40 winks. Am I right?

Thurday's early finish wasn't quite as early as hoped, but was early enough to get to the pool. Started off in the slow lane, but had to keep swimming around the 'burgs. Switched to the fast lane, fearing a mauling, but was persuaded to push on. Did another pb, for the mile, in 39:07. First time sub 40! (It's not a 20 minute mile, so I've no pretentions to excellence).

Today, working locally. For various reasons I woke at 06:05, with the wife tossing and rolling. Sod it. Went for a run. 6.6 miles. At one point in the dewy grass I got my feet caught in a hoop of wire and went flying. One minute the blue sky was up, the next it was just a vision of green. No significant harm done. This evening, I did manage to get out and boshed out 20+ miles on the bike. Choir practice in the evening too, so cycling there has become the new form and practice.

Decorating this weekend, or shall we call it home-work?