Pirate DIY Half IM, The second coming!

Comments

• Mr Monic wrote (see)

Guys, sorry, but can you squeeze another in at the pub for Friday?

BTW for those staying at the Premier Inn they are apparently overbooked by at least 2 rooms tomorrow night, so will be assigning them on a first come first served basis. If you're (hoping to be) staying there you might want to get there early.

Anyone not getting a room call me

We can put you up or know others who can

Chances are that they will move you to the other Premier Inn which is only 4 miles away

• Ozzy287 wrote (see)

Just out of interest, what does everyone envisage themselves completing this event in, and also what was the range last year?

i beleive i was probably slowest of the finishers last year ... it was still light

• SA

I won't be able to come to the pub on friday.  By the time I get there with caravan and set up and I've got the in laws to contend with, I do t think I will be very good company!  Will see you Saturday morning on my lonesome.  the wife will be coming on sunday

• Weather looking good for weekend if a tad windy, at least it'll be dry and getting hotter

• room for a fat one? 

Ill be coming down but not for the swim, im planning getting there very early sunday morning and just doing laps of the bike course until the last person finishes the bike or i cant take no more, which ever comes first then i'll do a few miles on the run

what time are you starting the swim?

• The swim starts at 10 o'clock when the leisure centre opens, are you dropping your car at ours? what time are you thinking about getting there, I'm up around 6 in the morning on Sunday

• just trying to get some packing doneimage

• SA,

how are you for parking?  I'm looking at dropping my car at yours as I'm sure other people are

• Slagiatt wrote (see)
    Razor51 wrote (see)

Slag, everyone is better on the run than you  image

would argue that i was a slightly better runner than you last year Razor image ... i accept that now you are off the sticks you might have the edge.  

You've not seen me run yet! I'm hoping it won't be tooo late when i finish the run on Sunday, i've got to drive home after, hahaha. That said, i'm only doing the run..... I could  run on Sat if that helps with the supporting side? Can see what suits best once i'm down. Or rather up. Can't wait to see everyone image

• I wouldn't normally do a full change in transition but seeing as it more of a training weekend I think ill make myself a bit more comfortable for the bike and put a pair of cycling shorts on.  And no one laugh when in struggling to put on my Jersey!

• marshallinimarshallini ✭✭✭

Last year I did a full change (in the changing rooms, not T1)(needed a 20p for the locker)

Swam in my normal swim shorts and changed in to my tri shorts and tri top for the bike/run. Total faff trying to get in to my tri top, even after towelling down.

• I think I have just abouit packed everything into one car.......(obviously haven't packed the kids yet.).....

so as long as the cycle carriers fits on right tomorrow and the bikes fit on it then we will be up in one car...makes it a bit more awkward and less storage room......but still says a fortune in petrol and will be nice to travel together

• H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭

i'm all packed tooimage, just the bike and a few bits to chuck in car tomorrow morning.

Wife's just bought be back some cycling goodies from Aldi as well as a load of bannanas and jaffa cakes to help stock the feed station.

• The feed station is going to be overstocked, we have 2 people bring 60 gels each, there are a load of mini malt loafs on the way and some mix for High 5, plus sausage and bacon for afters.

parking shouldn't be a problem

• ill be down about 6am Q and park outside yours. fancy a quick 50 miler before they start? Buxton looks like a nice little ride to do before everyone gets on the bike course

• Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭

I can't find my tri shorts so I'll be getting changed after the swim.  

With Friday night traffic I think I might be quite late but I'll find my way to the pub I'm sure.  image

• Doner Kebab wrote (see)

ill be down about 6am Q and park outside yours. fancy a quick 50 miler before they start? Buxton looks like a nice little ride to do before everyone gets on the bike course

I'll be up, checking work,, fancy a brew before your set off?

Macc to Buxton is a great ride, lost count the amount of times I did it training for IM wales

• I might stick the feed station with fig rolls!  I love them and they boost morale.  It's been scientifically proven.  Was panicking about food but it sounds like its going to be like a BBQ where everyone brings too much!

• Just got back from working away for the week, haven't unpacked the car to even think about packing it back up yet, that can wait til the morning. Looking forward to it, weather looks great image

• Q- ill knock quietly if im early, ill have a break around 8.30ish to meet people anyway. im not rushed to get back so can bring a machine down with me if your up for it and im not to knackered, can do the outline so at least you'll be half way thereimage 

• Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭

Morning. I'm going to be arriving very late - maybe 10pm as Mr Soup needs the car until at least 5 or 6pm.image

But I'm really looking forward to the weekend. image

• right...finally managed to get the two bikes on the bike carrier.minus 1 wheel.......they didn't want to go on.they have been spoit by always travelling first class inside the car.........but in the end they gave in and are on the back........hopefully will still be on the back when we arrive this afternoon........

see you all soonimage

• SA, I am now planning to take Sofia with me early on Sunday to join the show on the sides. Will take an early train.

Hope you do not mind your most obnoxious spaniard around image

• Doner Kebab wrote (see)

Q- ill knock quietly if im early, ill have a break around 8.30ish to meet people anyway. im not rushed to get back so can bring a machine down with me if your up for it and im not to knackered, can do the outline so at least you'll be half way thereimage 

Don't tell me you're bringing a machine! image if Q doesn't want a go,  i might!! Heehee

• what time are people arriving? I finish work at 5 in prestbury, wondered if I should come round? Help with signs or anything?image

• Slagiatt wrote (see)
    Ozzy287 wrote (see)

Just out of interest, what does everyone envisage themselves completing this event in, and also what was the range last year?

i beleive i was probably slowest of the finishers last year ... it was still light

I thought I "won" that prize last year imageimage.

Looking forward to Sunday, just checked the weather forecast and it looks good yey!!

• I'll be starting to hit panic mode in the morning what to wear, eat drink, look forward to meeting everyone on Sunday morning.

• Hokori wrote (see)

SA, I am now planning to take Sofia with me early on Sunday to join the show on the sides. Will take an early train.

Hope you do not mind your most obnoxious spaniard around image

OMG, it will be fantastic to see you again

Colourin (aka Shivering Whippet) wrote (see)

what time are people arriving? I finish work at 5 in prestbury, wondered if I should come round? Help with signs or anything?image

you only need to come round for a cup of tea

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Yay!!! Hokiri image   Be great to see you!!

• Tired Badger wrote (see)

I'll be starting to hit panic mode in the morning what to wear, eat drink, look forward to meeting everyone on Sunday morning.

Already hit 'race nerves'!! finishing work early (for me c5pm) to get packed up. cant wait