Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• What to do???

I ordered something over the internet (wallpaper to be precise) a few months ago, and a friend in the US agreed to send it on to me in Canada as the seller wouldn't ship outside the US.

Friend has yet to send the wallpaper on to me despite my having sent him the money - 4 months ago now.

I have sent him friendly reminders, newsy emails, and now he isn't responding at all.

REALLY P***D OFF.

• Jungle chicken, phone them? or go on a road trip and turn up at their house? How good a friend are they? pretty poor behaviour. Sounds a bit like they lost the wall paper and don't want to admit it.

• Catalin Bond - I am beginning to think they have either used it for themselves, sold it, pawned it...... any number of possibilities.

WISH I had never asked him now - totally bloody unreliable. 

• It would be suspicious if you ever visit them and think, hmmmm I'm sure I've seen that wallpaper somewhere before!

It may just be that they're avoiding you cos they feel guilty that they've not sent it yet. But if that's the case, surely the easiest fix would be to just send it to you! Feel your pain, is annoying when it's a friend who's let you down.

• What makes it worse is that its vintage girlie wallpaper which I fell for instantly and I have plans for it.  Can't see why its so difficult to get to a bloody post office, I sent him the money for Gods sakes.... GRRRRR!

• GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭

Dear Buteyko people - a big big thank you. I'd not seen my wife smile like that, so free from stress, for far too many years. She may be struggling with the exercises and getting to the level that you're expecting, but please don't let up on pushing her. I have serious hopes that this will work.

• Yes, he has definitely been ignoring me....

• If they can't be arsed to send it to you can you suggest that they give it to the next person they know who's visiting the UK - there's bound to be someone? It might mean going out of your way to pick it up but I guess it depends how much you want it.

I think you need to cross this person off your friend list though Junglechicken, if they can't be bothered to send on something that doesn't belong to them they're untrustworthy and not worth having as a mate.

• Thanks Screamapillar - I actually live in Canada, and they agreed enthusiastically to do this as a favour quite a few months ago now - they didn't have to.  He is a Texan living in Texas.

I should add, that this guy is gay - and I am fast coming to the conclusion (don't wish to insult any gay men reading these forums), that a lot of gay men are totally unreliable.

And I hasten to add, that it wasn't a lot to ask of the guy, go to a post office and post one item.

• Junglechicken wrote (see)

Thanks Screamapillar - I actually live in Canada, and they agreed enthusiastically to do this as a favour quite a few months ago now - they didn't have to.  He is a Texan living in Texas.

I should add, that this guy is gay - and I am fast coming to the conclusion (don't wish to insult any gay men reading these forums), that a lot of gay men are totally unreliable.

And I hasten to add, that it wasn't a lot to ask of the guy, go to a post office and post one item.

No, not unreasonable at all and if it was such a hassle, why didn't he just say "no"?

So anyway, arrange some sort of handover near Niagara? image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've really had enough now.  Can't you guys just get your act together and sort it out?  It might be fun and games to you, but this has a major impact on my life and wellbeing and I'm not sure how much longer I can cope

• Amanda Knox - you've chosen the route of celebrity and enormous wealth off the back of someone's murdered daughter.  I hope it brings you nothing but misery, you truly lowlife scum.

• Dear Mr Bridger:

That thing you claim you can't remember -  it's where you put a body, not where you left your f*cking house keys!

• I always get ridiculously excited when my Graze box arrives image

• AlfieAlfie ✭✭✭

Wishes people making insulting sweeping generalisations based on a sample size of 1 would just **** off

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭

All Alfies are arseh0les. image

• To be fair Alfie (and I think you're referring to me) my sample size is around 20-30..... I have known and still know quite a lot of gay men and used to share a house with a gay chap.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Now look here pussy cat from next door. That was a nice fat pigeon in my garden just now and you did a pretty good job of sneaking up on it, belly to the ground, through the long grass. But when you get to within striking distance, as you work out your line of attack, don't start thrashing your tail about. It's like waving a flag and sounding a horn. I'd stick to hunting tins of whiskas if I were you, tbh.

• muttley, you been watchkng my daft ginger tom?

• Screamapillar wrote (see)

I always get ridiculously excited when my Graze box arrives image

Me too! image had a good one today so muching my way through it all image they never seem to last more than a couple of hours near me!

• There's a dickhead born every minute.  That is all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

have to admit , a few people at work started off ordering the graze box when it first became popular ( 4-5 years ago ?) and it looked good, tasted good.
    Yet it can easily be replicated by buying the individual snacks at what works out to be 40% of the price. Sure it takes 3 or 4 minutes assembling it into a bit of cardboard, but tupperware does just as well..

• The only thing that should be eaten out of a cardboard box is cake!  image

• David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Theres a sucker born every minute, and the company pushing the graze box is proof of it.

The content of a Graze box are delish - and if I choose to spend my money in such a way that's entirely my business.

Other people are suckered into buying fancy running shoes but probably don't want to be reminded of it... 

• Screamy - have you been reading my facebook update?  The dog chewed one of my favourite running shoes today.  Amazingly, he's still living and breathing and looking very guilty.

• Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

Screamy - have you been reading my facebook update?  The dog chewed one of my favourite running shoes today.  Amazingly, he's still living and breathing and looking very guilty.

No, mere co-incidence....

Naughty doggy! Good excuse to buy newer, shinier ones though image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

its not the running shoes that draws in the suckers necessarily (after all most runners need running shoes), its more the add on accesories that so many people feel they 'need'

• Yeah it's great x has  finished his phd and I'm happy have come out to celebrate with him, but did he gave to pick such an expensive restaurant?! and given he did, no I'd rather not split the bill so that he pays nothing!

it's been a nice evening, but has essentially cost me £85 for food plus travel!

except I didn't say that. I smiled and handed over my card....