Soft tissue foot injury

Hi just looking for some thoughts and advice.

I was down A & E Tuesday just gone, thinking I had a stress fracture or something nasty as I couldn't really pin point where the pain was. I done a 15 miler on Saturday, rested a day then ran a mile or so Monday. Thought this is  abit sore i'll see if it goes. A mile later I limped back home. Tuesday I woke up and didn't feel anything so off I went to work and after about 500m I was in agony. The pain is on the outside of my left foot running from just below and forward of my ankle.

Anyway Doctor at A&E said no I didn't break anything but was very vague in saying I had soft tissue damage. Stay off my feet for 2 days take ibuprofen and give heat treatment. Do not run for a week then all will be OK.

I had scheduled in a nice slow long run for the weekend. Today I woke up and feel right as rain, I can put my full weight on my foot and I can run up and down stairs with no problems and managed to walk to work.

If it was a ligament injury would it be the wrong thing to go out Sunday Monday for a long slow run even though it feels ok at the moment?

Comments