Plantar fasciitis and HM on Sunday

As above. Clearly overdid it at some point not taking proper recovery after 2 races in 1 weekend. exploratory jog on Tuesday was painful.

Physio doesn't think running is a clever idea but didn't exactly forbid it. I had treatment tonight and have been given advice on icing/stretching.

My plan for this race was going for a PB rather than just completing the distance.  Any advice how I should play it? Was thinking of lining up but pulling out if pain too bad and slowing me down.

thanks..

Comments

• Ray A2Ray A2 ✭✭✭

Gogi-I suffered pf for round about 18 months and much of it was my fault,as i tried to run through it.With pf sometimes you can run pain free once it warms up but you suffer later .Would have thought your pyysio would have advised against running it.Goji it's your decision to make and if you do it i really hope you get away with it.

• thanks busbar, I guess I know the answer to this. I am intensively icing/stretching at the moment, but I think I will make decision on the day. I really don't want to make things worse, I have an autmn marathon in my plan too. 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Goji, i've only had pf for a couple of days, but I remember it was pain to even walk on it...

if you've really got pf, it'd be madness to try and smash a half marathon on it!

It depends what's more important to you, long term injury free running, or doing well in this 1 race.

I'd wager if you start the race you will probably get through it, but with a mixture of adrenaline and bloody mindedness...then the problems will start straight after...

up to you tho..only you can judge how it's been and feels. best of luck both for sunday and continuing after.

• Hi Stevie, I guess I was hoping for a miracle and resolution of symptoms, walking is painful today and when I try running I only manage  some paralytic trot. I decided to give it a miss, and recover properly as I don't want to risk wasting the rest of season.

very frustrated, but I guess that happens to most of us.

thank you for your thougts and opinions.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

sensible decision there.

halfs are hard enough without some massively uncomfortable pain to add on top.

I've missed a couple of halfs due to injuries/illness before. Frustrating at the time, forgotten come the next successful one.

• Ray A2Ray A2 ✭✭✭

Goji-So glad you made that decision,as stevie says a real sensible decision.

• Thank you both- appreciate you took the time to  to advise image