Sarsen Trail, Neolithic Marathon and Cycle Ride - Wilts

Comments

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

Hi Jindalee - I know you have a lot to deal with in your life so just wanted to wish you very best of luck for the marathon. I hope the weather is good for you, particularly while you wait at the finish line.

David - I hope you have done slightly more training than you are saying and that the marathon doesn't make you cry like a baby. It is a little disappointing that Monday is a Bank Holiday as I am looking forward to reading all about it!! 

Good luck to everyone else running too.

Dustin wrote (see)

DF - man up! Enjoy the race. Its an achievement to complete a marathon, I don't expect you to run this oneimage
    hopefully you don't have a '128 hours'  incident with one of the trenches on the plain and have to sever a leg using an improvised saw made from a lucozade bottle and the drawstring from your shorts..
    Hell even if you have to walk it , shouldn't take more than 6 hrs...

Jindalee - there is plenty of tea and cake at the finish and you can always pick up the 152 bus into Salisbury for a bit of shopping while you kill time waiting for DF to finish.

Good luck to everyone running this one, its a good race. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Hi Dustin

thanks for the tip! i love cakes so will have some of them and if Dave is nowhere to been seen once I am done I might go home and wait for him thereimage Luckily we don't live too far away

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    literatin wrote (see)

Jindalee, after you finish you could always do what we do on club runs and loop back to collect the slower runners.

That might be an idea but not too sure I fancy running more after I finished, Think I will go with Dustin's recommendation and stuff my face with cake while waiting for Dave. If anyone sees him on the course and overtakes him, please let me know where you saw him so I have an idea how much longer I have to wait.  ;) Cheers!

• What times are people expecting to run this? I'm guessing normal marathon time plus 20 mins, I think I am number 228, and this being my third Sunday Mara in a row I'd be happy with anything under 5 hours

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Sorry no idea what time I can manage as it's my first. I will be glad to finish and if it's in about 5h I will be very happy. My baggage label says im no 27 so if you/ anyone else see me around feel free to say hi. Also got Jindalee in black glittery letters written on the back of my (pink) shirtimage
  • Oh well hard to spot then, will keep an eye out for No. 27 I'll write my EKGO name on my number so give me a shout I'll wear either a hi-viz green coloured top or black Manchester mara tee shirt depending on sunshine, it will be a good day looking forward to it

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Will keep an eye out for 228. Should be a good day tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. image
  • JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK for tomorrow image
  • Thanks to everyone for the advice and support - glad I found this thread.

I'll keep an eye for those numbers. I'll be 304 in a red long sleeve top - come say hello!

Good luck tomorrow folks - have a great run!

• yeah good luck with that Davidimage

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

David, take a good long  look at Jindalee's backside at 10:30, be a long time before you see it again...

• Mr Puffy wrote (see)

David, take a good long  look at Jindalee's backside at 10:30, be a long time before you see it again...

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Yet!! Finished my first marthon. image was quite hilly and challenging but managed to finish in 4.45. Which I'm well happy with. And in case you are wondering.. Still managed to beat Df3 with this time.image
  • Fantastic Jindalee, well done!

• Well done Jindalee, had a feeing you would do 4.45 image

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

Congrats on the time, that's a great first effort on a tough course. 

There is also the Salisbury 54321 runs in August if you are looking for something similar in the area. 

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much booktrunk, k80 and screamapillar image

Thanks millsy. I am already looking at this... Just have to decide on the distanceimage are you going to do it?
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Congratulations Jindalee! And you sound like you enjoyed it too if you're already looking at other off-road races. image

• My husband has come back from todays run with a nice sun tan.image

He said it was quite brutal out there in places with the hills never ending ( or so it seemed. )  well done on your time Jindalee, he said you and DF3 looked very nervous

at the start.  

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Thanks literatin image yes I did enjoy it image as I'm not a fast runner it's nice to have a run around nice country side and see different things. Not sure I'm going for the full marathon distance as it's in 3 months time. But will see how I feel in a few daysimage will def enter as it's close to me as well.
  • JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Thanks harrys mate. Not sure I was lookin nervous. Think it was more jumping around keeping warm as we got there quite early. Why did your hubby not come over and say hello? Would have loved to meet him.
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

I'm probabaly going to enter the 50k again. all of the routes run past some great scenery. DF3 can always do the 10k. 

I tend to do it every year now as its cheap to enter and just down the road from my house. 

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi Millsy. I think it would be half marathon or 30 k for me image It its that close to you I think I would def have you seen out running as its not far from us eitherimage
  • Hi I looked for you at the start didn't see you, I got bogged down at the start and got away slow. Well done on the time, I came home in about 5:12 I think I passed DF at about 13 was he wearing green? He had DF  on his back so I assume it was him

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭

Hi Ekgo. Sorry i was looking out for you but couldn't spot you either. image Hope you made it home ok. Well done on your time!! Must have been hard doing this one after   2 other ones the previous weekends. Hope you enjoyed it.

Yes you passed DF3. he was wearing green and had DF3 on this shirtimage 

• It was hard work, I've Ian two week rest now before the next one must check results, I had a better second half those first hills took it out of me 

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Yes think you should def get some rest. I preferred the first half actually. Was not fond of the ground in the second half with all the stones on the ground.
  • Jindalee wrote (see)
    Yes think you should def get some rest. I preferred the first half actually. Was not fond of the ground in the second half with all the stones on the ground.

Well done everyone - I reckon that was reasonably tough coures and much hotter than advertised!  Good to meet lots of new faces while running - friendly lot trail runners image  Great to meet Jindalee too - thanks for making the effort to say hello image

Same time next year anyone?!

Actually, I've got the small matter of the Salisbury 54321 50k in August but's probably another thread!

Great learning curve for a first marathon though.  The last 9km got me understanding Steve Redgrave's famous quote  "if you ever see me getting a boat again you have permission top shoot me!".  But 15mins after finishing I wanted to better my time in the next run!!

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi Rich

Was good to meet you. Glad that you enjoyed the day. Hmm Salisbury 54321 is def on my list too image but we should open another thread for it.