My progress

Hey guys first post. 

Been running for a week now. Had a rest day on Monday. Apart from that I've been running exactly 1.07 miles each day. At the start of the week I was at 11:10 and yesterday was my fastest so far at 9:33. In total, I've ran 6.14 miles this week. 

Is that okay for a beginner? I know it's not that far but I'm worried that I might injure myself if I'm running every day. Would that be a problem seeing as I'm not running that far each day? Next week I plan on taking three rest days. 

How should I proceed? Stick with my same route next week? Try for faster or longer? 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Hi lee, 

wouldnt worry about speed at all for the time being. totaly fine for a beginner, but yes have some rest days in between as its going to play havoc on your muscles.

use the 10% rule. 

• Have a look at the beginners index on here under 'Training' tab in red

or google 'couch to 5k'

Either will give you an idea on how to progress and how a beginners training plan should look

Keep up the good work

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I'd have thought 3 to 4 days a week maximum to begin with, just try not to overdo it as that leads to more injuries, which lead to people giving up.

• Ok thanks guys. I didn't run yesterday and I'm not running today, despite really wanting to! Gunna go tomorrow though. 

• Hi all, Im very new to running regularly (about 2 mnths now) and have worked up to running 3 miles non stop (in about 30mins). Two things, is this decent progress? Ihave no idea lol and also Im running to (help) lose weight, but seemed to have stalled, I ran 3 miles every day for 6 days last week, would my legs be putting on muscle at those rates (and hence my apparent weight stall?) or wouold I expect to just see my legs toning up?