Have you set a new half marathon PB in the last 12 months? If so....

Have you run more than 6 half marathons and got a new PB

My name is Adrian Monti and I’m one of the freelance writers for Runner’s World.

For an inspirational piece for a forthcoming issue focussing on half marathons, we are looking for a specific case study.

Does this sound like you:

Are you male?

Have you run 6 or more half marathons in your running career?

Have you set a new PB in the last 12 months?

If that does sound like you, please do get in touch for some help with this article which will appear later in the year.

Please email me at adrian@montimedia.co.uk  

I really look forward to hearing back from you

Adrian Monti

Comments

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Why do you have to be male?

• cos it wouldn't fit his story line if you were a blonde bimbo with great long legs 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

adrian, interesting story line...i've done 21 halfs from 2002 to 2013 and the 21st was the fastest...

not sure the mag needs my gruesome mug in it though image

• roebyroeby ✭✭✭

Seriously ?.............you have to be male ?!image..............why ...

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Literatin, Roeby, do you go up to people doing surveys in the street and start querying their ranges as well?

• Half marathon PB set 1995, not beaten again until April 2013, 35 or so races later!

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

He's probably got girls already.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Iccle Jim wrote (see)

Half marathon PB set 1995, not beaten again until April 2013, 35 or so races later!

did you stop running for 15-18years?

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Typical in  these  survey  research things  you have to be male

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

why don't you check the other threads the OP has started Pammie, and re-think that?

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Bit Harsh Stevie

How many people go and read what  other threads the  OP has started

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

yet from reading one thread you thought you could say it was "typical" image

• Stevie G, I ran at least one half in every year between '95 and now except 5 ('97, '99, 2000, '02, '03)... training was rather haphazard at times, but has been increased steadily since 2004...

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Harsh stevie, I think pammie was saying typical of research rather typical of the OP. 

And it is typical of sport in general to focus on men.

I think the OP should clarify why it is only men. Is it sexist? Or have they got their quota of women already? 

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

That's what  I mean kaffeeg

There's been countless of threads here  over the years similar  threads different posters  asking respondents to be male.

Or maybe its to do with the varying  changes in  a womans cycle

• The only time I can find the OP looking specifically for female runners was when he was writing about dieting... image 

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

adrian, interesting story line...i've done 21 halfs from 2002 to 2013 and the 21st was the fastest...

21??!  I've only done 7.  Step up to the proper distance, you wuss!

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    vellooo wrote (see)

The only time I can find the OP looking specifically for female runners was when he was writing about dieting... image 

Except for the full page spread with my ugly mug on it.  image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

everyone knows that the marathon is the last resort for those who have given up on getting faster at the shorter stuff image

• I've asked for male because we already have the female runner sorted and so that is why I have said men only on this posting.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

everyone knows that the marathon is the last resort for those who have given up on getting faster at the shorter stuff image

Yeah, you're probably right.  OK, let me know when you've given up trying to beat my HM pb and I'll let you know what marathon training you need to do.

imageimage etc...

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

Literatin, Roeby, do you go up to people doing surveys in the street and start querying their ranges as well?

How did you know?!

Actually in the street I studiously try to look like the kind of person they don't want to talk to. But if I were trying to get specific types of respondent by posting a thread on here I would probably put some of the criteria in the thread title or subtitle.

Anyway I've only done 5.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I've grown accustomed to the averted gaze of the market researcher, I don't think I matter any more.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

Yeah, you're probably right.  OK, let me know when you've given up trying to beat my HM pb and I'll let you know what marathon training you need to do.

imageimage etc...

Well played old son.

Skulks off....glad only to have to beat my pbs, not Phil's image

• Set a 1/2 marathon this year at Fleet and have run at least 10 others over the years, always satisfying to run faster as you get older, maybe a bit wiser and training more consistently. 

• Set a 1/2 marathon pb this year at Fleet and have run at least 10 others over the years, always satisfying to run faster as you get older, maybe a bit wiser and training more consistently. 

• Set a half marathon PB 2 weeks ago in what was my 14th race at that distance. Started running 4 years ago.

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

I fit this, but I'm not quick so maybe not what the OP is looking for.  First Half was 1hr55 in 2007 and that time stood until October 2012 (1:50).  Then I broke it again in February 2013 (1:47) and March 2013 (1:42).  I've done 8 in all.

• I've done 8 - until last year my PB was 1:35 set in my first in 1982. Last year 30 years later I got a new PB of 1:29. I'm not really interested in appearing in a magazine though. The magic difference was doing more training and in a more structured way.

• roebyroeby ✭✭✭
    Stevie G . wrote (see)
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

adrian monti wrote (see)

I've asked for male because we already have the female runner sorted and so that is why I have said men only on this posting.

thanks for the clarification Adrian

Stevie..........always found it preferable to go alot longer and slower......shorter and faster never held my attention for long.So give me a marathon any day of the weekimage