Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Mathschick, it sounds like a good idea to let them have a rest. I bet they are exhausted.

Awwwww Chilli, that's fantastic. You must be so proud. Your girls are just amazing. I must admit it was so nice to be running just for the sake of it and not because I need to make up lost days of training.

We all just went for a lovely walk round a Nature reserve that's just over from where we live. We are so lucky as we are in a pretty built up area but we seem to have lots of lovely little lakes scattered round and this small area of lovely woodland. Middle Ecky took her new Camera and took some lovely shots of the Blossom on the trees and the Bluebells.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

ecky - family walk sounds lovelyimage

• Chilli-That is great news and you must be chuffed. Another thing worth clebrating when Loula is ready to party. 

After my hilly 1/2 yesterday I felt I ought to do a recovery run so did 7.3 miles in just over an hour. A boit achey,but, it was so nice outside 1st thing I had to go for it.  

now boss, 7 miles is too far for a recovery run.... but it was lovely outside first thing this morning

• Big girl Chili wins the Radlett 1.5k 'First Girl' Trophy!!  Hurray!!!

/members/images/728570/Gallery/62673_454583084627369_2041956070_n.jpg

/members/images/728570/Gallery/575495_454583074627370_1818474695_n.jpg

• Mr Chilli, fab pics. You must both be so proud image

Morning all. Back to work for me today after a lovely long weekend. I may run this afternoon while the woods are still nice and dry.

• Morning all!

Chili and Mr Chili - Lovely pictures and very well done! That's brilliant! Big girl looks really chuffed and it looks a beautiful day too.

Have a good day everybody! x

• Well done Chilli family! imageimage

I managed a session in the gym on Sunday, and a nice longish run yesterday morning (20k), mostly along the river.  Great to have quiet streets and less traffic fumes over the holiday weekend.  Intervals session this evening.

• Jude, your garden sounds amazing.

• Afternoon,

Sorry been absent but been v busy at work....Got days off now but so much to catch up on.

Firstly well done big girl Chilli...that is a fantastic result image you must be so so proud.

Secondly..Belated congrats AF..that is a brilliant time for hilly HM...your mara training has certainly paid off I think....and as for a 7 mile recovery run in an hour...RECOVERY....NOT...lol..you just can't help being a speed monster...lol

Ecky..sorry you didn't get to do your HM but good you are enjoying your shorter runs.I am looking forward to doing shorter faster runs once my mara is over with.

Jude...The garden sounds lovely..you will need to post some pics.

Not sure if i have caught up on everyones news so sorry if I have missed anything.

Loula is busy settleing in to her new house and is painting Miss LLBs room today. she is hoping to get inernet on Thursday but sends her love to you all...She is missing you and sending you all hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((((((from Loula))))))))))))))))))))))))))000000

Nice and sunny today here for a change and fairly warm....image

Hope everyone is having a good day.

chili & mrchili - lovely pics, your girl looks so proudimage

franny - send my wishes to loula, hope the move has gone ok for her and miss llb is feeling settled in her new room

OH started his new job today, haven't heard from him yet, I was planning on heading out to open water swimming when he gets back, but think that might be a bit mean when he will probably be wanting to talk about his day. So feeling that I should stay here and be with him, I know he was really nervous about today. 

• Hi Franny, Louise, MC and all!

Louise - well done on your run and gym session.

MC - hope OH's day went well.

Franny - enjoy your days off, hope the weather stays nice.

I posted some pics on facebook as it's easier than here.......

BFN x

oh dear, OH not happy after his first day. So trying to be upbeat and positive for him. 

• Hi Everyone. Thanks for your kind words. It was a great day yesterday.

MC - Oh no.... hope your hubby is okay...

I saw your pics Jude. Your garden looks lovely image

Little bit on the bike, then a swim this eve.

thanks chili, he was very down, felt like he didn't know what he is doing, things are done differently, the programming is different (he is a programmer), contract terms not brilliant - no sick pay just statutory sick pay, and he thinks they won't want to keep him as he doesn't feel he can do the work. I have told him there is bound to be some adjustment and to give it a chance. Just have to see how it goes, but he was very down and lacking self confidence.

had a nice little run this morning, hardly walked at all, knee a little niggly but ok.

• MC - hope things go better today for your OH. Well done on your run.

Chili - Thanks! I do love the garden.  Well done on your bike and swim sessions.

Just had a chat with the principal about next year. I said I had already booked to go to England for Christmas (I was pretty certain at the time that I didn't want to stay here as work load was too much.) She said that it would be fine. I'll probably stay here as it's better the devil you know and all that! I also asked for one morning off a week ( to run but I didn't say that) and she said it may be possible........

• Morning

Aw MC..hope OH day goes better today. Its always tough starting a new job and making adjustments.

Jude...Hope you manage to get your run day off a week..that would be fab image Saw the pics Jude and the garden looks lovely.

Hellooooooooo everyone else...away to spend day with mum...image

• Hellooooooooooooooo

Awwww Mathschick, I hope Hubby gets on better today. It takes a good while to get used to a new job and new way of doing things but I bet he will be fine.

Hi Jude, I hope you get your morning off.

Morning Franny, tell Loula we miss her so much.

Just had a lovely run of just over 2 miles. I went into the Nature reserve and did some hills. I haven't been running there for ages as last year it was far too boggy, It was fab just me and the trees and the beautiful sunshine.

Jude - that is sounding positive for next year, and if you get a morning off it will give you a bit of time and space that you need

ecky - well done on getting out in the lovely weather

I just seem to want to eat everything in sight lately - my reaction to stress I think! I brought rice cakes to work to have a low cal snack but eating half the pack doesn't really help!

• Mathschick, at least you have picked something good to eat lots of. If I get stressed I hit the cake tin.

• Afternoon,

MC-Hope hubby has a better day. As people say it takes awhile to adjust in a new job especially if you don't know anyone.

Ecky-Well done on your run sounds lovely.

Jude-Sounds like you have good employers now- fingers crossed for your day off.

Franny-Enjoy your day with Mummy Franny.

Was a tad achey yesterday so went for a 3 miler in the afternoon- it was hot and felt like hard work. Will go out again soon and do a few more miles as I don't feel as achey at the moment.

Speak later.

• Hi Boss, yes it's a lovely place to run. Don't overdo it boss, give them leggies a chance to rest image

ecky - I wanted chocolate but don't take any to work, thank goodness, so it had to be rice cakes as nothing else available

• I'm really excited now, my course material has come through for my Introduction to Counselling course. I cant wait to get started.

• Ooooo Ecky, that sounds exciting! image

MC - blame it on the weather cos I have been ravenous today too. I too hope your hubby has had a better day.

Jude - It sounds like this school wants to keep you! Hope it all works out okay. Did you raise the issue of Saturdays?

Bike ride today. And have been teaching this eve which is why I'm up so late.

• Morning all!

Chili - Can't get out of Saturdays, that's why I'm pushing for a morning off during the week......

Have a good day all!

x

morning everyone

ecky - oooh, exciting about the course, you will be great at it

not sure about OH and the job, and it is hard work being positive and trying to make him positive about it all!

• Morning,

Ecky-Sounds exciting your new project.

MC-Did the OH not enjoy day No 2 then?

Chill-Well done on teh bike ride.

Did 8.3 miles yesterday pm & 35 minutes on treadmill this morning.

Speak later.

• Afternoon friends

Ecky Sounds like you are looking forward to your new project You will be a fab counsellor

AF well done on your run and treadmill

MC How has OH got on now?

Just did under 15 miles today 2nd last LSR before mara Funnily enough I seemed to struggle more this week than when I did my 21 last week Weird though it was v warm this morning which I have not been used to

Have a nice evening everyone

• Hi all!

Franny - well done on your 15 miles. Must have been the temperature although I'm always surprised at how different I can feel from one run to the next for no apparent reason.image

Ecky - hope you enjoy your course - you sound very keen.image

MC - Hope hubby's day has gone better today.

AF - well done on your run yesterday and today.

Chili - well done on your bike session yesterday.

Right, just got in so I'm gonna have a cuppa before I start a pile of marking.image

BFN x