P&D Autumn Marathon Training Thread

Comments

• 15West wrote (see)

I keep my copy next to the toilet.

Can understand that, in the lounge that puppy would eat itimage

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I like to annotate mine in pencil with dates, arrows where I've shifted things around, er, runs crossed out where I haven't bothered to do them, that kind of thing.

• Pencil for me as well, need to get the rubber out to get the schedule back in pristine conditionimage

• 15West15West ✭✭✭
    JF50 wrote (see)
    15West wrote (see)

I keep my copy next to the toilet.

Can understand that, in the lounge that puppy would eat itimage

Well...yes. If he did that I'd have to put him down.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ah we're all obsessed.  Just as it should be image

• I photocopied the plan then I can scribble on it to my hearts content. image

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭
    Pencil underlining of important sentences. Page marker tabs for important sections. Two photocopies of the plan (one kept at work) with highlighted bits, crossed out bits and my own timings and calculations.

P+Ders Anonymous, anyone?
  • The domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent desireimage    
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Bunch of luddites, I use my digital version for amendments and comments.image. I also have a PDF version of the book itself, both are loaded onto my work desktop and my laptop  and I carry both the book and a schedule on a usb stick so it is with me wherever I go!image

•  

Mennania wrote (see)

Bunch of luddites, I use my digital version for amendments and comments.image. I also have a PDF version of the book itself, both are loaded onto my work desktop and my laptop  and I carry both the book and a schedule on a usb stick so it is with me wherever I go!image

JF50 wrote (see)

The domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent desireimage    

There must be a helplineimage

• Men - I'm with you. Everything is going on my spread sheet otherwise how can you scrutinise different campaigns to see what went well/badly?

PS Love the fact that it even tracks your trainers.

• Yep, excel spreadsheets all the way! I save mine in 'dropbox' so I can access it from any computer, both at home and at work.  Will also print it out and blow it up to A3 size and stick on my wall.  Geekish and proud image

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

TR 85 - I have just put dropbox onto my system and phone! An A3 print out wins the geek of the week award thoughimage

Looks like I am going to bs a DNS on Sundays half at Chester as I have a death rattle of a cough. It is clearing but not quickly enoughimage

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I'm lazy, iCloud (just the same as dropbox really).  Or use my filr server image

• Lisa123Lisa123 ✭✭✭

So glad it is not just me with print outs, excel spreadsheets and page markers in the book image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Is it time for my picture of the modified 1st edition again?

/members/images/699204/gallery/IMG_3930.JPG

• Sorry to hear that Men, I also have had a cough all week but seems to have cleared, I will be starting but don't expect a fast time.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Thanks for the advice everyone i will buy the book and have a read, but I think I might not be able to put the mileage in for my next marathon, so will use it for some inspiration but really don't think I can do 55m a week each week

• Its not 55 miles a week each week! - it tops out at 55 miles only twice during the programme...  Starts at 33 I believe.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

d'oh... oh well i'll see when the book arrives image

• I was considering a DNS at the sheffield half on sunday because of a niggly hamstring but after entering all the details into page 4 of mann's spreadsheet, transferring the code into sheet 2 and seeing it autofill I think I'm going to have to run it. so a slow training run it is

• I feel so old fashioned...I've got a big plain paper notebook that I've drawn grids onto (using a pencil and ruler) that I fill in with my training. 

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Still coughing and spluttering but about to head off into Chester and have a dable at the half. Its paid for anyhow- if it turns into a training run so be it

• Ooh be careful Mennania! Although I must admit I'd probably do the same if I'd paid for it.  I'm sure you're wise enough to listen to your body. Hope you have a good run.

I did a trail race on Friday night and then set off with some clubmates to do a recce of a relay leg of the Calderdale Way on Saturday morning at 7am. Legs felt surprisingly fresh but last night I was knackered.  Were were out for 4 hours as we kept getting lost......so glad we were wise enough to do a proper recce first!  Needless to say, today is a rest day!  

• I remember many years ago (probably 23/24) doing several sections of it at night with Scouts as was our local area - a few groups got badly lost - fun though image

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Good luck with that Men...actually, you are probably out there now...so...hope all went well Men...and anybody else out there racing.

I am still just plodding around, ran about 11mi this morning. Legs feeling almost recovered now, takes me a long time to recover from a race. No way I would be capable of running a half this close to London.

I have almost decided on what I'm doing re.which schedule. Think I'm going to follow the 70-85 plan, but skip the monday recovery runs so I'llhave at least one day off a week...will also move things round on some of the friday/saturdays to fit some park runs in there. That's the plan for now anyway, I did come up with my own plan where I had more LT runs earlier in the schedule, but after reading some of the more experienced people on the sub 3 thread sounds like putting in the mileage earlier in the schedule to improve endurance more important than any speed work...that comes later. So, going to stick with P&D.

• Ran my half this morning in Chester, have to admit utter sufferfest after 7 miles, had a cold all week and my legs had nothing to give, crossed the line in 83:49, a very unenjoyable run.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

15W, I am starting to see what you mean about recovery from a marathon - did a 10k today and barely managed an average pace quicker than my half-marathon pace. For me it seems that the legs are fine but my chest hasn't caught up yet, today and at the 5-mile race on Wednesday my breathing sounded like I was just about to keel over.

(Still won, though. Just saying. image There's no smug emoticon)

Craig, 'sufferfest' is a brilliant word & well done for the half.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Nice weather for my half this am - 1.22.29. Cold affected my aerobic ability (a bit) but nowt else thankfully.

Craig - we must have been running in the same area for a bit as I have stalked your splits. I was all in black.

• I did the same Menn on your splits, I had an awful time out there today, just didn't seem to get going proper, by mile 7 my legs had gone, pace dropped off, lucky to finish in 1:23:47, great run by yourself.