Sunday 12th May 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - On the floor of Tokyo

Often end up singing this to myself on long bike rides and as that is what is planned for today it seemed appropriate to me anyway. Weather forecast gets worse as the day goes on so it's a good job I'm up early. May have to revert to longs though.

What:                    long bike
Why:                     it's all about the bike
Last hard:             21/4
Last rest:              27/4

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning LMH

Yesterdays lyrics were 'Maria' by Blondie.

Rest Day, but walked Geordie for 45mins.

Nice sunrise, but has begun to cloud over.

Lyrics:Yup.

• donaldo: Well done on yesterdays Loch Leven Half.

Pammie: I used to love buying a record. Must have spent a fortune back in the 1980s on them. I was shocked to see that a Beach Boys Album I bought back then is now being sold for £32 !

• Where is everyone?

Just short of 56 miles ridden - think that must be the longest so far this year - getting there slowly.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning (just)

LMH Well done

Will run but after work, will be bringing my kit and shall run (and prob walk) home

No to the lyrics  but feel I should - a good kicking myself later I expect

• Blimey - what time will you be leaving work Pammie?

• 11 miles ran earlier. Running is now becoming running rather than shuffling/ jogging - Great feeling. Best run today since last Summer.

Don - Nice going yesterday

Blisters - nice biking yesterday - seems that things are developing well.

LMH - half way!!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Just back from a 7.2 mile recovery run, took over 57 minutes and was nice and easy.  Rain and cold wind though, so was wearing tights and thermal top - unheard of for May!  Official results have me at 1:28:29 for yesterday - should do my runbritain handicap no harm at all! image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: 15 mins run, covering 2.5k so 6 mins a k.
    Why: felt better, but didn't want to do too much. Rather have short and comfortable at the moment.

Lyrics: no

That sounds like good news, Paddy.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

be a tad busy again, away all day yesterday, but only after registering 3rd at Netley Parkrun in 18:47 (was a revised route so was a little short 3m dead) but its the speed in the legs that count..

14.16m today long run and all working well

Take care all and have a great week ahead

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Did not make it to Park Run. Went to tkd...wiped out for the rest of the day. Wel;l done to all you runners and racers.
    Lyricas: Nope, not today
    What: Teach tkd
    Why: Coz it's Sunday
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Friday

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all, 
    Don - great stuff with the half, your air punching very understandable!!
    Like Birks, I used to spend a fortune on vinyl...all up in the loft somewhere now.
    Paddy - sounds good
    What - 6 easy later
    Why - been with friends in Bristol from yesterday lunchtime, only got back a short while ago, so its all I can squeeze in
    last rest - 15 days
    last hard - yesterday

lyric - think I should but still scratching the head

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

LMH - Sorry LMH suppose  you're used to me doing nights I do 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon as well so I finished at  5pm

4.52 miles extended route home in 50:15 so a run walk feet hurting a little but due to 4 hours on feet on a hard floor but ok otherwise

Dustin Least you till have the vinyl and not chucked it out somewhere

• You're right Pammie - I thought you were planning on running home in the small hours!

• LMH, 56, nice bike, I hope that you missed the rain.
    RFJ, nice podium finish image
    Pammie, it's good to get out and get it done.

Lyrics? I'll Google in a minute.
    What? Back still sore and stiff from yesterday, ditto the neck. However, as with marathon training a bad day at the office is part of the training. The soreness and stiffness will generate stronger muscles ready for next time. ANyway, I felt recovered after 24 hours.

So, run 6.6 miles. Nice and steady. 50 mins.
    Then swim training, 1 hour.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Quiet day on the thread.

Good to see you all prospering.