Herbalife

Personally I'm not a fan.  Seems like a money making, cult like society, designed to highly motivate people into thinking they are athletes and that they need help from supplements and meal replacement products.

But, am i being prejudice. 

What do you think?

Comments

• I agree, I think it's more about the people in it making the money to push the sales, obviously going to hype it up. Have a few friends who plasted it over Facebook in full cap statuses, get's boring very fast.

• I have a friend who is a herbal life consultant. Personally I think a healthy diet is better than anything which sells you their food I.e. weight watchers or supplements and food stuffs I.e. herbal life. Apparently you feel fab when you are taking the stuff but it is a life long commitment.

Just like a healthy diet should be! I don't have a problem with supplements but this, to me, is just another magic wand sales trick for loosing weight and feeling great.
  • Herbalife has been around for years and it's just a pyramid scheme. It cons mugs and the desperate out of their money.

Avoid.

• It's not a pyramid scheme - it's like Avon or Kleeneze.  Some of the products are no different to those you can buy in any health food, sports nutrition shop, or running shop.

• I thought it was a typical commission pyramid scheme. Yes you might make a few pennies by buying wholesale and selling to some mugs, but the idea is to recruit some distributors below you into the chain so that you up your commission rates, and then they in turn recruit.....   So you end up with a comission based sales force (pyramid shape!) trying to flog and sell up health.

• Whether you buy Herbalife or any other brand of supplements or none at all, its a choice for an individual. I've used a range of products, from gels to proteins and I currently use Herbalife. It agrees with me and I then went on to become a distributor. I have not recruited anyone to distrubute under me and I only sell to guys and girls who are into the same sports and lifestyle as myself. If I don't think its right for you then I won't sell it to you, its as simple as that. I think you'll find though that to be honest, if you're anti Herbalife Supplements, you're more than likely anti all supplements. 

• So if we don't like your supplements we won't like any ? 

Straight from the book of sweeping statements

• I didn't say that. 

I gather its not supplements you're anti but more Herbalife as a company. Either way, I put my opinion in and thats all it is, my opinion.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one. 

So i'm allowed an oppinion as long as it agrees with everyone else on this thread?

• 2 posts and you've already got the hump...

great salesman you are 

•  

Kevin Whyte wrote (see)

Whether you buy Herbalife or any other brand of supplements or none at all, its a choice for an individual. I've used a range of products, from gels to proteins and I currently use Herbalife. It agrees with me and I then went on to become a distributor. I have not recruited anyone to distrubute under me and I only sell to guys and girls who are into the same sports and lifestyle as myself. If I don't think its right for you then I won't sell it to you, its as simple as that. I think you'll find though that to be honest, if you're anti Herbalife Supplements, you're more than likely anti all supplements. 

If you were a regular poster I'd respect your opinion but you have obviously come here with the sole intention of defending the product you push.

BTW Richard - Herbalife was investigated and exposed as dodgy years ago - when Sam Fox was fronting it and continues to court controversy:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/21/herbalife-ceo-ponzi-scheme

• Kevin Whyte wrote (see)

• Herbs?   It all depends what is on offer.  

Sign me up for a nice bit of cheeseimage

• I'm hooked on the stuff is great and it's freed me from being a great fat slob .

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    That's great news Paul! Do you sell it?
  • Good for you, great first post
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Paul MTL Herbalife wrote (see)

I'm hooked on the stuff is great and it's freed me from being a great fat slob .

It's similar to coke then eh image

• Stop eating so much and exercise more, you don't need expensive herbs to do that
  • Kevin Whyte wrote (see)

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one. 

Its just that some have bigger ones than others ..... umm, opinions I mean.

• Snake oil

Slightly off topic, but I saw an ad on telly last night for this crap - WTF?! There are so many things wrong with that, I don't know where to start ... 

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Cashing in on the fussy eating phase.  What a load of croc, herbal life too.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

I wouldn't have the lovely house I have if it wasn't for Herbalife.

Chap who used to own it set himself up as a Herbalife distributer, got "encouraged" (conned) into buying more and more stock and couldn't shift it, ended up having to sell the house to avoid bankruptcy.

If he'd only left some in the house when we bought it, I could have reviewed it.  But he didn't.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Nessie wrote (see)

Chap who used to own it set himself up as a Herbalife distributer, got "encouraged" (conned) into buying more and more stock and couldn't shift it, ended up having to sell the house to avoid bankruptcy.

If he'd only left some in the house when we bought it, I could have reviewed it.  But he didn't.

Just goes to show...  Every cloud eh image

• Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

Snake oil

Slightly off topic, but I saw an ad on telly last night for this crap - WTF?! There are so many things wrong with that, I don't know where to start ... 

so its a milkshake with some vitamin drops in........i think i know how to make them myselfimage

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Wow, that, Herbalife and that Run Chow stuff it seems like people will buy anything that is in a shake format.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I bet it's not chocolate milkshake flavour so my fussy eater still wouldn't touch it!

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    XX1 wrote (see)

Nessie wrote (see)

Just goes to show...  Every cloud eh image

Uh hu.

Also shows what a fabulous company Herbalife are.

• So MLM is a bad business model because, it gives something back to the customer?
    it enables people to make extra income with very little start up costs? 
    Instead of spending millions of pounds on advertising it passes that money down to the little people, instead of giving multimillion pound supermarkets half of your money you give a cut to your friend or family member? It encourages people to continue being healthy as they are an ambassador of the products so therefore should lead by example and also show that the products can help? Herbalife isn’t actually just about selling products, there is a massive support network of professionals giving exercise and diet advice in online and social media groups. Herbalife isn’t just a weight loss company, they also have a sports nutrition range that has been developed with the help of and is used by world class athletes. Release your negativity and take a look, there have been many skeptics who have started on the Herbalife products and business in order to prove they are both bad, them people end up loving the products and the company. 
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    openmind said:
    So MLM is a bad business model because, it gives something back to the customer?

Image result for pyramid scheme meme