Harvel 5, June 1st 2013

Hi everyone

This event is back....our 15th year....and planning is well underway

We were fortunate enought to be ranked within Runners World top 10 races, for 2012. On top of that, we have an 'Overall'rating of 94% and a 'Would you run this event again' type-of-rating at 99%.

Entries are now available on line, plus follow us on either Twitter @Harvel5 or Facebook...search for Harvel Hash House Harriers

Hope to see you on June 1st

Harvel Hash House Harriers

Comments

• Great meeting up with some of you on the cross I.O.W. weekend.  Hope to be able to make it this year after a couple of years absence.  Really enjoyable event

on on!

• Registration numbers are picking up....I predict we may well have a sell out event this year...so please make sure that you enter early

That Facebook page is www.Facebook.com/HarvelHashers

Check us out and 'Like' if you want to see updates

On On

• Hi Rick

are places still available? I have a few of us that want to come and race. 

• Hello JD. Yes, still spaces, but selling like hot cakes so far in May. 

google Harvel5 for our website, and methods for entry. Online entry available via Runners World

hope to see you on the day!

• I had a friend in real life called Rick OShay .  What a great  name to have, his parents 

must have had a great sense of humour .image

Good luck with your run hope you have a successful day.

• chrisg9chrisg9 ✭✭✭

due to a change of plans I may be able to run this race, does anyone know if spaces are still available on the day?

Thanks

Chris

• Hi there Chris

Yes...places still available (though going fast)..best course of action, is to apply online and collect your number/ chip from Race HQ tomorrow

Hope to see you there

• Was an absolutely brilliant event. My first ever race and I loved every minute!  Everyone is so supportive, great support all the way round and a really great course. First 3 miles were hard work for me but the last 2 were a delight!  Can't wait for next year image

• My first 5 mile race too. It was a bit of a challenge as I went into it with a poorly hamstring and hip flexors but I jogged the whole way and managed to up the pace a little after the last jelly baby stop.

So grateful to the marshalls for their encouraging words. Every mile marker helped too, although I missed the first one, such was the shock of running with an injury! I was expecting to finish after around 90 minutes based on my short runs in the lead up but race adrenalin got me through in just over 55 minutes so well chuffed! Will be back next year!

Any idea where I can find photos? I noticed a few photographers early on in the race. I found some on the Facebook Harvel Has House Harriers website but there must be more out there...

• An absolutely wonderful race. Exceptionally well organised and marshals friendly and extremely good. The race course is one of the most beautiful tracks of kent countryside tracks you could hope for. Extremely challenging but varied enough that you forget how challenging a race it is. This is more than a race though. It is a real family event with local food stalls, beer tents and an excellent local village pub all creating a lovely ambience and atmosphere. This race should be first on your list next year. Harvel a lovely village and this race well and truly showcases the people and the village at its very best. Well done guys!! image