UKIP

The BBC is so full of shit that they can't handle UKIP. Some guy just had a real go at the BBC interviewer who had a go at Nigel Farage for Smoking and drinking too much . The image that they had spent the last few weeks trying to show on their news programmes. I love the fact that Nigel Farage and UKIP exists.

Comments

• UKIP will do more for British politics than anyone in the last 40 years. People might not agree with their policies and that doesn't mattthey'd hey have upset the applecart  by listening to people at gass roots and trying to represent them, This has been missing from the mainstream parties for years.

I for one will be asking my MP why they have been negligent in allowing a small party to upstage them by engaging with the public. Something that the main parties have forgotten how to do.

this is a dangerous thing because its quite conceiveable that the next election throws up a hung parliament where Tory backbenchers could insist on a coalition with any UKIP MPs would anyone like a government where they have a chance too influence policy

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Farage and his lot get plenty of coverage because he is good telly.

Meanwhile, there is already another party that actually has an MP - the Greens, but you don't hear much about them.

• Greens are probably just as unelectable in their own way but they haven't caught the imagination of the public in the same way. If Farage and his gang make the mainstream wake up and start to engage it will be good for politics

• You do round here. I made history and voted her in last time.

• But all Farage and his lot seem to do is bang on about what they are 'against', they never really seem to say what they are actually 'for'. They just like shit stirring for the sake of it.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

you voted for Tinkerbelle?

• You mean Caroline Lucas MP?

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Podifer - is Farage on RW?  He'd fit right in with the shit stirring!

I've got it; DF3/JP is Farage!

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

You don't think she is a little pixie-esque?

•  

Big_G wrote (see)

Podifer - is Farage on RW?  He'd fit right in with the shit stirring!

I've got it; DF3/JP is Farage!

Quite miss DF3 though, dont't agree with what he did, but he was entertaining for a while.

• He's still around if you know where to look...

• You mean his gobblygook from the 'other side' image

• The BBC has always had a left wing bias.

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Pod - have a look at the current 'why is there so much spam on this site' thread. 

• Damn it, I'm not very good at this - can't work out how to edit image  

But just wanted to add. Ahhhh.....

• Nigel Farage is a one man band tosser and only idiots vote for his "party".

• People like Nigel appear because the main parties are not adressing the issues that a lot of the public feel strongly about. It was brilliant how he dealt with the Scots Nationalists. 

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

EU and immigration?    To be fair if you take Cameron at his word the Tories are offering UKIP supporters a fair amount onthose issues.    

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Ukip. Jesus Christ. Seriously? Who the hell is voting for these clowns? 

I no longer have a political persuasion. I used to be a lib dem. but seeing as they don't exist anymore (Vince cable is THE biggest disappointment in my life), I now will oscillate  between voting tactically or the greens. Or monster raving loony party. 

• People like you are voting for those clowns , quite clearly. People who don't feel any of the main parties represent them. 

• Podifer wrote (see)

But all Farage and his lot seem to do is bang on about what they are 'against', they never really seem to say what they are actually 'for'. They just like shit stirring for the sake of it.

This is what the Liberals have done for many years, just comment on the negative aspects of other's policies, look around you in work you will se eit every day, nothing to contribute just pulling away at others.

Podifer wrote (see)

But all Farage and his lot seem to do is bang on about what they are 'against', they never really seem to say what they are actually 'for'. They just like shit stirring for the sake of it.

kaffeeg wrote (see)

I no longer have a political persuasion.. 

Totally agree with Sussex by not exercising your franchise to vote you are allowing these in by the back door. Recently a Councillor said that we should end the lives of disabled children like a Farmer deals with lambs, he resigned and then guess what was voted back in, not by idiots who supported him, but by others like yourself who cannot be bothered to vote.

Evil happens when good people stand by and watch, get yourselves motivated and active, at least to vote against what is wrong

• BBC Radio Scotland were handling him just fine on Friday morning, until he hung up on them after throwing several accusations at the Scottish people and consequently being unable to argue his case on any level. 

The man's a joke.  Unfortunately he's a joke who appears to be gathering the kind of Daily Mail/Sun readership and BNP wannabes who think voting for him is some sort of protest.

• I don't think they are a party. Can anyone name one other member of UKIP? Farage is running as a one man band. Sooner or later the mask will slip and people will see what a nobber he and his party are. People should beware the "maverick" - see also Boris Johnson. Mussolini started out that way and that didn't end well.

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Runnin man wrote (see)
     Recently a Councillor said that we should end the lives of disabled children like a Farmer deals with lambs, he resigned and then guess what was voted back in, not by idiots who supported him, but by others like yourself who cannot be bothered to vote.

Well not really - he must have been voted back in by people supporting him.

In the case of UKIP it's perfectly valid for people to vote for them as a protest over certain issues if they feel the main parties do not offer any choice on those issues.   It doesn't really matter that they aren't a proper party - they are really the only way for people who feel strongly about Europe or immigration to voice those opinions politically.   I'd suggest the Greens are very similar in that they garner most of their vote from people for on the basis of quite a narrow section of policy - their environmental ones - the rest of their policies would probably divide their supporters quite a bit.   

• I'm not quite sure what a faschist is but when Farage goes to Scotland to debate the issues and he is stopped from doing so physically then I think that tag could fit. "You are not welcome here" shouted a protester. Since when do we need permission from anyone to go to their city? Nigel Farage has a democratic right to be there. So are people who seek to deny him that right faschistic? Like Nig says everyone knows it but nobody is saying it.

• Runnin man wrote (see)

kaffeeg wrote (see)

I no longer have a political persuasion.. 

Totally agree with Sussex by not exercising your franchise to vote you are allowing these in by the back door. Recently a Councillor said that we should end the lives of disabled children like a Farmer deals with lambs, he resigned and then guess what was voted back in, not by idiots who supported him, but by others like yourself who cannot be bothered to vote.

Evil happens when good people stand by and watch, get yourselves motivated and active, at least to vote against what is wrong

If you read Kafeeg's post properly you'll see that's not what was said at all.

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

Exactly, I'm no fan of UKIP but their main policies are probably in line with what a substantial minority if not a majority of people in this country believe.

• The thing that seems to escape the main parties and some of you on here is the more you pour scorn and derision on UKIP the more the disenfranchised are inclined to vote for them. They are seen as the only party that meets with some peoples ideas and thoughts. Whether that is right or wrong its gaining momentum.

I live in a tory strong hold and at the local elections UKIP gain a huge surge in support and had 9 county councillor's elected. With labour and the Libdem coming a very poor 3rd and 4th.  I did not vote for them but lots of my friends both form tory and labour supports voted UKIP.

I say ignore them at your peril.

oh and I do like the way Nigel sticks to fingers up at the establishment image

• SR, he wasn't stopped, physically or otherwise.  He didn't like the protests that were going on outside his chosen pap site, which were admittedly vehement in their opinions, so he chose to run away rather than make his point in that pub.  And as for "you're not welcome here", how many other politicians have been subject to such comments - all over the world, including in their own constituencies?  That is a poor argument I'm afraid as it's the nature of politics.  I rather suspect you're using this thread as a means of winding people up, so aside from what follows, I'll take no more part in it, as you're clearly more interested in an argument than a discussion.

Anyway, the question asked was "Can the BBC handle people who speak their minds?" and in this case the answer is a resounding, yes. The y tried a discussion with him, he lost the plot, hung up on R Scotland, then huffed and puffed and lost his argument again on R4. BBC handled themselves professionally, Farage handled himself in his usual desperate manner, and lost.