PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

Comments

• I hope Raf is as drunk as a skunk imageimageimage

• Champion race ST that's a bloody brilliant time for a first tri well done chap! My first ever tri was horrendous lol! also a great write up! Really good time mate and Lyon smashed the bike leg! And the run...and the swim....lol....

in regards too my tri my time put me in 32nd overall out of 220, 7th in age group... Top 5 4 were in my age group Sod's law.... The swim times were on par with mine so it was obviously long!

• Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭

Congratulations Scuba.  image

• Oh erm slightly on topic for the thread my mrs has kindly said at the race that she will post all the updates on here for all the pirates lap by lap, as she's there all day.. I assume everyone is gonna go to the pasta party before hand so she can put a face too a name...

• Great racing gents and thanks for the reports! image I don't know a single triathlete who doesn't like to read race reports! image

Suffered from a bit of CBA today and just did a 2:30 bike with a 10:00 run off. Just over 10 hours for me this week. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow then it will be another decent week before a mini-taper for Swashbuckler. Hopefully my shoulder calms down by then. image 

• Thanks for all the support and comments, much appriciated.

Badger - Hope your sholulder sorts itself out, hows the foot going?

Soup - Fraggle - When are you racing?

• nothing planned as yet until Henley.

There are a few races round here in between times, but I haven't committed to anything yet image

1st June for me Scuba, Enduroman Half IM in New Forrest. A bit of a pirate gathering with Seren doing the half too and Donner Kebab going for the double- nutter.  Its got a 10 hour finish limit for the half so I should be able to do that. I'm just worried about the lake temperature but guess I'll just have to toughen up.  image

• I swam in the new forest this morning soup in the marina/river and it really wasent too bad except the delightful taste of stagnent sea water image

• Looks like a Badger/Dragon double HIM header that weekend then! image I have to go to the Swashbuckler briefing on the Saturday, if I don't have the family in tow I might pop up to AT to check Enduroman out. 

Scuba the foot is actually getting a bit better now thanks. Not sure what the problem is/was (either tendonitis or a bit of PF) but I'm just training through it. 

Fraggle - book some races up. They're great for that short term focus and intermediate goals. September's still a long way away! image

• Soupy, the lake at Avon Tyrell is quite small so I'm guessing it will be warmer than the majority of ow lakes.

Maybe image

lol Trogs - thanks for the reassurance (I think). image

Badger - its 2nd June for the half just remembered. Double starts on 1st though if you want to pop down and give some abuse to DK. Its laps so easy for supporting. 

• Might ride up and support this if it's a lovely day!

• Bloody hell Jamie, that's some engine you've got there. Respect.

• well after Lanza, that Henley bike course should be a breeze! 

• Raf - that isn't very comforting. Well done, great result in Lanza.

• cheers ST - swim and bike went well but blew the run - but managed a 13:40 - something to aim to beat at Henley!! 

• Nice one Raf - you should be very pleased with yourself. I've cycled there the last couple of years and it's no walk in the park! image

• Well done raf! You will smash it at Henley I'm sure! forum name change too Ironraf? ;D

bit of a crappy training day 50 min run about the same on the turbo.... Was gonna go too the lake but my motorbike broke down so had too call theAA etc etc took a while got pissed off binned off the lake idea.... However tomemory I Finnish work early so gonna go for a decent ride.... Also doing 2 laps of Henley on Saturday, should be a total of 120 miles but time will tell.... Anyone got any plans for the weekend?

• What is the weather forecast for the weekend? want to get a swim and a ride in - so may be out on the bike course on Sat if you want to meet up

Biking and swimming Raf - are you not resting?image

• I've got an Olly in 3 weeks - got get some training in! image

• Nutter.

Feeling a bit rough/down atm. Got a sore throat which is normally a pre-cursor for illness. Had a 75min run/walk today but felt crap pretty much all the way round. Foot pain still hasn't gone away and I can't swim because of my shoulder. And I've got a HIM next weekend, of which only the bike, am I remotely confident! Apart from that, everything's dandy. image Early bed and maybe even a couple of days off as I want to be fresh for a solid b/h weekend of training. 

I hope everyone else is doing better than GrumpyBadger here! image

• Raf it's gonna be nice on sat, we should meet up on sat if you wanna... Il be there from 9 onwards... Let me know you can have my number if ya want and just chuck us a text well go for a coffee after or something...

decent ride today, 45 miles so quite happy, had a massive headache so couldn't do the run image... However on the plus side I have bought myself a van... Mainly for work but really as a mobile bike workshop image

oh and Rafi I'm swimming on Sunday at the lake... And Windsor will be fun! Hopefully in the same wave .. So I can slack and draft off you!

• jamie - get back from Lanza tomorrow, so once get myself sorted l wiLl drop you a note and we can meet up at the weekend.

And the chances of us being in the same wave at Windsor are slim as  i'm almost twice your bloody age image

• Bugger I thought Windsor might be on a mass start thing but oh wellimage yea do mate be good to catch up image

• GrumpyBagder - Couple of days off might be a good idea and then have a good weekend. Hope everything improves soon.

Raf - Listen to your body and don't do too much, whatever training you manage in the next 3 weeks is more likely to harm your result in the Oly than improve it. Short low heart rate sessions only is the standard advice for the first few weeks after a IM. Looking forward to catching up soon and hearing about the whole Lanza experience. You did amazingly well and I'm sure you will be much quicker at Henley with less hills and wind!

Jamie - planning some big mileage again, hope everything is going well.

I'm not swimming at the moment, my shoulder got worse after a stupid session at the gym but has improved since seeing the Physio yesterday. Maybe try a little swimming on Sunday or Monday, but until then adding to both run and bike sessions, so will be a good week for both of them.

• Cheers Scuba - you take care of that shoulder too mate. It's been about a week and a half since I last swam now but I do feel it's getting better. No swimming for me until Swashbuckler now - and then pray it holds up for the race. image