Pirate outings in 2014

Comments

• wasn't the beer at IM Nice really expensive last time they went.......its already been a pirate championship race

• You could do the enduroman one in the new forest.......camping £7 a night or nearby travelodges.......etc

only about £150..........very supporter friendly as the bike is a 11.6 mile loop 10 times and the run is a 1.1 mile loop......and you could do it as a relay team and their will be a half on the same day for those not ready for the fullimage

• like the sound of the above, enduroman fun....image

• Garr and I were saying we'd like to do France next year. Garr loved the course and wants to do it again.

But I want to sail with the PSOF, so wherever they go will be ok with me.

I REALLY don't want to do another in the UK though image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Of all the options presented on the thread, the only one that tempts me is IM France. I was determind to have a year off in 2014 but would possibly forgo that if the ship sails to Nice.

That's my 2p worth anyway.

• when is it and when does it open / sell out?

• Im having a year off
    Im having a year off
    Im having a year off
    Im having a year off
    Im having a year off
    Im having a year off

• You haven't seen me, right ? 

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

TSA

This year it's 23 June, so around that date for 2014 I'd expect.  It probably opens either the week before or the week after, not sure.  Yes, it does sell out but I'm not sure how long it takes to do so.  I don't think it's a 2hr sell out scrum like Germany or Austria.

You fancy one a month next summer?

• There was an overwhelming consensus reached by those at Lanzarote that the location for the 2014 Pirate Championships should be Ironman France.

I was nominated to start the thread and will do so shortly.

• thats good enough for me............and then seperate ships can go wherever anyone wants to go..........

I think that I might take a year off ...unless i have to go back to IMWimageimage

• M..o.use wrote (see)

TSA

This year it's 23 June, so around that date for 2014 I'd expect.  It probably opens either the week before or the week after, not sure.  Yes, it does sell out but I'm not sure how long it takes to do so.  I don't think it's a 2hr sell out scrum like Germany or Austria.

You fancy one a month next summer?

No I don't, but Mrs SA might image

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

There was an overwhelming consensus reached by those at Lanzarote that the location for the 2014 Pirate Championships should be Ironman France.

nice to see that democracy amongst ALL pirates still rules eh???  image

• fat buddha wrote (see)

There was an overwhelming consensus reached by those at Lanzarote that the location for the 2014 Pirate Championships should be Ironman France.

I thought it was normally Barley who made the final choice anyway!! image

• IrO.n Little Sister wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)

I thought it was normally Barley who made the final choice anyway!! image

That's what Meldy likes to let him think

• Nice (geddit) choice image i think i have a mini cornish ship bound for Roth though image

• i just looked at the price of hotels around that area - dont think i could afford it!

• We rented an apartment just outside Nice a couple of years back the week after IM Nice and it wasn't frighteningly expensive 

• Really want to go on a Pirate Ship again, and Nice might be a possibility, but could someone ask them to move it back a month or two? It's a bit early in the year...

Still looking at IM Canada for family reasons though...

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Last time we went we stayed at the Ibis. It was about 60E a night, so it can be done at a reasonable price. The food is expensive. 

• It was a blinding experience in 2008 as a supporter. Extremely highly recommended. I very much doubt I will be there in anything but spirit, but do go if you can. 

• Well the taxman has just cut off my dangly bits with a blunt knife so it looks like my plans for ROTH will be binned and the IM France trip is a no no solo what UK IM event is going to be on for 2014 ?

• I did have the cunning idea that would decide quite easily where to go each year ... we just go to the country that wins Eurovision each year and if they dont have an IM then we go to roll down until they do 
    It would mean that we never have to do the UK  imageimage

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

RBM - had you already entered Roth?  What's their cancellation policy?  If you are going to lose a lot of money, is it worth investigating if you can transfer (like IM events do) to Henley (assuming it runs again)?  Then you've not wasted so much money.

Alternatively, if you need to do 2014 on a budget, have you already done Outlaw?  Even if you have, you really can't fault it and I think it will always have a pirate contingent.  I'd go back for sure.

• Mouse no not entered so thats why i have dropped the idea before the group i train and race with started laying out cash, outlaw you are preaching to the converted done it twice one of my favorite racesimage

Melds what a good idea Ironman Bosnia Hertazagova anyone? image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Oh cool, I thought you'd entered already and I hate it when you lose money.

I was thinking you did Outlaw last year when I was there, but I wasn't sure.

Hmmm....

Accommodation and subsistence for Lanza was actually very reasonable.  It is full whack IM entry, obviously, and flights but I reckon you could probably stay there for cheaper than you could stay in the UK.  I suspect it wouldn't work out cheaper than Roth all together though.

You've got ones like Forestman, The Big Woody and the Enduro one?

Cotswold 113 people are thinking of putting something on for 2014 but, apparently, it's likely to be early season. I've heard they do a good race.

I'm a bit stuck for ideas beyond that...

• Yep was there last year and did the first one as well

I was chatting to Mrs RBM and have agreed to see where we are at the end of the year  financially then see what I can afford and is available Roth is out as it fills in days , I am strangely drawn back to IM Wales I loved that race but remember vowing never to do an Ironman again after that oneimage

• I'm really hoping that the Cotswold is later in the year.

Thinking I'd like to go with the ship next year to Nice, I reckon it'll be cheaper than Lanza, make a week or two of it, driving down through Frnace, glamping it up as we go