Kalenji sports bras

I've recently come across the Kalenji sportswear on the Decathlon website and have seen some decent looking sports bras for not-too-much money. However, I'm rather fond of my 34B/C breasts and would not want to hurt them by running in a substandard running bra.

Has anyone tried them? I've heard good things about their other clobber, but bras can be touch and go, even from otherwise reliable brands, labelling them as 'maximum support' when a quick jiggle in the changing room proves them to be otherwise.

In particular I'm looking at the Sportance First running bra (£9.99) and the Sportance Comfort (16.99), as I find racer back bras cause me discomfort under  my shoulder blades.

Comments

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Up to you image but if you are rather fond of them then saving £15 - £20 on a bra every 6 months or so doesn't really seem to be showing them much love image 

I use shock Absorber's and love em.

• At a tenner, it can't do any harm to test one out for a spell.  If you find it's not for you, no massive loss, to pocket or bosoms, and you'll know to try another brand.  I would recommend trying them on in store first though, as Decathlon gear can be a bit erratic in their sizing.

• Booktrunk - I appreciate the sentiment and I also normally run in Shock Absorber. However, since my boobs shrunk I no longer fill the model I normally buy (D+ only) and the the run bra has that racer back type clasp that I don't like. I'm therefore looking around for a different brand claiming to be tough enough for runners that has models with regular straps. I know Shock Absorber do some non-running specific ones, but thought it would be worth a look round at others while I'm at it

Thanks for the sizing tip Diamond!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Good luck image if you go for one can you report back image 

• http://www.next.co.uk/x51234s1#807792x51

Hi Hannah,

I'm a 34c and I also hate the Shockabsorber backs. I use the bra in the link above now. I was sceptical when I bought it, as it was from Next and only £16, but it's the most comfortable bra I've run in and very supportive. I'm about to invest in a second one.

• Thanks Saffy! That looks good actually. It's a really similar style to the SA ones I'm replacing. I'll try one out!

• FizziofinnFizziofinn ✭✭✭

i have had to go braless for the last 3 days as my shock absorber bra  nearly garrotted me in two . Just as this recovered the friction burns have taken all the skin off my chest. Doesnt seem to matter how I fit them , they just cause me so much grief. Hard to get other brands in the shops ecause they are so well marketedimage

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Fizziofinn, you might have better luck finding different brands in lingerie sections of department stores - sports shops sometimes just have the shock absorbers but Debenhams, John Lewis etc. would have quite a few including Triumph. And M&S have their own brand.

• Thanks for all your advice! I went to Decathlon last week and got a couple of the Sportance First bras. Just as CrazyDiamond said, their sizing was bizarre. But once I found one that fit (32D rather than 34B) there was no jiggling or wiggling despite all my  jumping in the changing rooms. I've worn them running a couple of times since and have found them really comfortable and supportive.

They seem to be more of a compressive bra than one that cups each boob and holds it still, so I'm not sure how the larger busted lady would fair in one, but they're cracking quality for the £13.99 they cost me. Incidentally their other kit is pretty darn good too. I'm now kitted out for summer!

• I was in Decathlon in France a week or so ago and tried on the Kalenji sports bra, not sure which it was, but there wasnt much selection. I wasn't very happy with it. Im a 34E and even juming a little in the changing room told me there was no way I would be comfortable with that much bounce.

I have a bra I got in Debenhams that I love, granted it was pushing €50, but it was definitely wrth it.

• I've been using the Kalenji £15 ish bras for the past couple of years.  I am only a 34/36B but find they do the job perfectly for me.