8 weeks till 10k - How to get the most from training

2»

Comments

• Well, I completed the Great Manchester Run on Sunday in a time of 50mins 17secs. My previous 10k in London last year was 55mins 10secs, so a vast improvement. It was a very hot day, so that really had an impact.

I had run 49mins 48secs in training 2 weeks prior to the Manchester run, over a more challenging course, so I thought I was on to an even better time. However, I struggked with aching legs a bit in the final week and the heat played its part as well. Still, the tempo runs really helped me get those minutes down.

Thanks for all the advice.

• Well done on getting a good time, I ran in the Bupa London 10K yesterday and it was quite hot as well so I know where your coming from.

Did a PB of 44:07 for the 10K so I'm happy with that, tried to keep up with Mo Farah but he was just slightly ahead of me, maybe next time.

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

Hey Matt - well done on the PB. 5 min PB is not to be sniffed at! continue with tempo running and a speed work session once a week and that time will continue to topple.

Essex - whilst you may think you're not doing any speedwork, what you describe above is fartlek running, another form of speed work to intervals. Looks like it worked for you too - well done on your PB also