half outlaw

Comments

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

apparently current water temp is about 14 degrees, and Fri and Sat are set to be warmer days so that should push the temp up a bitimage They have said that the swim will definitely be on

• I'm getting really exciting / crapping myself now.

I did the DIY half in my tri shorts so I reckon I'll do tri shorts and monaco under wetsuit, have cycle jersey for bike if its still a tocuh fresh. May think about arm warmers but theyre a nightmare to get on wet arms.

Who's camping? Anyone likely to be around Saturday afternoon to maybe help with pitching my tent, MrsMatt isnt arriving until late sat night.

Has anyone thought about food for the night? What about we find somewhere and have our last meal together image

I may do an OW swim tomorrow, it'll be the first of the year for me. I need to find my neoprene hat! So many thingas to organise, I should start now really, but recokon I'll do most of it on saturday morning

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

7755matt, I am camping, I am a novice at camping so my effort will be a laugh to put up my tent, but willing to help if needed.

I am going to have fish and chips, found a great little takeaway chippie a few miles down the road, took them back to the campsite last year, they were the best. I will bring the name and directions with me.

• I'd definitely advise two swim hats, your own and the outlaw one on top.

Also from a coldish start in the morning, it's likely to warm up during the day as sunshine is promised!! 

Just bought some new camping gear including a new sleeping bag for Saturday night!! And a single stove for a brew image

• LittleclownLittleclown ✭✭✭

Well I have just repaired your wetsuit imageso no excuses for tomorrows ow swim! 

Thinking of taking up wetsuit repair as a side line... The glue is great fun! image 

• Fish and chips is my traditional pre race dinner image

Porridge for breakfast then a large sunday roast afterwards at the first pub we get to on the way home image

• The Bridge pub (turn left out of HPP) was where we lived for the Outlaw including the awards. Food was good. 

• I am on the campsite, but I have a touring caravan, pasta party anyone?

Plenty of room outside the van and I can do pasta etc, plus I will have the bike stand etc

Chris

• 7755matt wrote (see)

Fish and chips is my traditional pre race dinner image

Porridge for breakfast then a large sunday roast afterwards at the first pub we get to on the way home image

I'm with Matt, that's a sound nutritional strategy... image

• That's if the have any Sunday roasts left by the time I finish image

• Racing

mathschick
    saffers
    steadyCJ
    LJB1
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)
    Southern Snail
    AliBear30
    EricIsBananaMan
    Chris68

ACoops

I have shaken off the lurgy and will be racing, albeit taking it very easy.

I'm camping Sat night along with a couple of others - would love to meet a few other piratey/forum types. I think I could pick you out of a crowd CJ! 

I might take along pre-cooked pasta because I'm allergic to everything and it will just be easier. Hooray!

• Last open water swim before the event. 16/1700m. Woo hoo. B....y cold when I got out though. That's the longest I've been in the water.image

now going to turn my attention to clothes and food. still think I need long sleeves so either arm warmers - difficult to get on or jacket I can abandon and tie round my waist.

• Racing

mathschick
    saffers
    steadyCJ
    LJB1
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)
    Southern Snail
    AliBear30
    EricIsBananaMan
    Chris68
    ACoops
    7755Matt

Camping
    ACoops
    7755Matt
    MrsMatt

• My new goggles that I had searched high and low online for finally arrived today.......felt relieved all of 5 minutes before hubby broke them trying to adjust them!! I'm not a happy Saffers image     New ones are ordered but not sure they will arrive in time. 

• Racing

mathschick
    saffers
    steadyCJ
    LJB1
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)
    Southern Snail
    AliBear30
    EricIsBananaMan
    Chris68
    ACoops
    7755Matt

Camping
    ACoops
    7755Matt
    MrsMatt

Supporting

SuckitupButtercup

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

ACoops, are you trying to say I am very obvious.image It will be good to meet you again, we can discuss Dustboy's talking you up hills tactic with Mathschick.

Someone please put me down as camping as well.

I hope that I feel like eating at the end of the race, I have made my supply of oat and sultana pudding, its like bread pudding but an adapted weight watchers recipe for breakfast bars.

• Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup

• Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ
    Chris68 (albeit it in a caravan)

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup

coops - glad you are over your lurgy. I have a bit of a sore throat and am hoping it is just going to go away and not bother me

saffers - that is a pain about the goggles! I think TFN are going to have a stall at Holme Pierrepoint - you could always ring them and ask them to take along the goggles that you need and get them there? When I have been into the shop they have been very friendly. http://www.tfn.uk.com/

that is assuming they have the goggles you want

• Chris68 wrote (see)

Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup
    SA
    Mrs SA
    Jordy

Should be able to get down for supporting on the run

• What goggles are they Saffers?

• Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ
    TimmyG

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup
    SA
    Mrs SA
    Jordy

it is warmer up here todayimage and tomorrow supposed to be up to 20 degrees so looking good for the weekendimage

starting to feel confident now, although I have a sore throat which isn't great news, but hopefully it won't turn into anything much. 

I am hoping to be at the 1pm race briefing, will wear either pirate jacket or something piratey. will probably hang around a bit watching some of the tri that is on on Sat.

• Glad to hear the weather is warmer - I'm going to have a search for my bottle of sunscreen tonight, it has been so long since I used it I have no idea if I even own it anymore.

CJ I often think of Dustboy's tactic when riding up hills, it's a pity he won't be around to get us up this time!

I'll be driving up from London at some point on Saturday - my race brief attendence will be traffic dependent. I'll either be carrying a pirate water bottle or wearing a pirate cap so if anyone spots me do come say hello!  

• Racing

7755Matt
    ACoops
    AliBear30
    Chris68
    EricIsBananaMan
    LJB1
    mathschick
    saffers
    Southern Snail
    steadyCJ
    TimmyG (bike of a relay)
    TheEngineer (bike and run of a "relay")

Camping
    7755Matt
    ACoops
    MrsMatt
    SteadyCJ
    TimmyG

Supporting

MrsMatt
    SuckitupButtercup
    SA
    Mrs SA
    Jordy

• Good luck everyone - wish I was going, now !

• Hi all, just been reading this thread and it's good to see others are nervous like me! This is my first triathlon so a bit clueless and worried I'm going to get lost on the bike! Still excited too though image

• I am new to this thread too, I'm usually found chatting about running on the marathon threads or trying to get willing volunteers to sign up for my research studies!

Hi Amy

there shouldn't be any chance of getting lost as the route should be well marked. 

• Amy Tanner wrote (see)

Hi all, just been reading this thread and it's good to see others are nervous like me! This is my first triathlon so a bit clueless and worried I'm going to get lost on the bike! Still excited too though image

You'll be fine! As for getting lost on the bike... if there aren't any handlebars in front of you and the saddle feels funny, turn around!image