Enduroman UK 2013

Comments

• .Great reports Seren/Soupy. I found it a great race last year and Soupy you seem to have had a great time. People this year here and on TT are describing the run as brutal but last year others were just saying it was lumpy. I'm in the camp of it's very brutal!!

I think I'm up for the double for 2014. I really enjoyed the single and think I'll have a crack at something longer. Just to finish mind, I'll not be there for the places!!

Keep going Seren get yourself another tick in the box. Con quin or deca seems a bit full on but if they have a triple do you not fancy that one? Dave Kershaw was awesome in that last year.

I've got my doubts whether the continuous deca and quin are a good idea there. Tiredness and those roads probably don't mix well. To be honest last year you could tell a mile off who were the decas/quins as you caught them on them bike leg. There was a bit of, shall we call it, wandering about the carriageway!!

Where's Doners report been looking forward to it since he started this thread!!

• Well done Chilliboy! Another survivor image

we might be waiting a while for his report, he just put on fb that he was off to bed! He might wake up by Friday image

• The difference with the continuous format is that you choose when to sleep rather than for those at the back of the field being told they have to be at the lake at 6am every day.

I'd think that it would be a case of clearing the swim then a cat nap or two during daylight hours with a longer snooze during the dead of night through the bike and then sleep-walking the run section.

• Lee the Pea wrote (see)

Well done Chilliboy! Another survivor image

we might be waiting a while for his report, he just put on fb that he was off to bed! He might wake up by Friday image

Last year!!

I think the boy deserves some shut eye now!!

• sounds like a plan cupcake.....

Chilly ..dave kershaw was amazing on the triple...did you see the state on him  though.........and he was another one wandering on the bike..........

the cutoff for that is way too tigth for me...........I would think the continious quin is easier...........image

but there is a triple in germany  with a flat bike and flattish run............which shouldn't kill your quads................image

• Aaah! i obviously can't read Chilliboy, lol

• i will do a report when i get a minute - my missus was really kind and booked tattoos in for me today!!!!! i had to take kids to martial arts last night, OW tonight, i been trying to catch up on peoples messages but i got hundreds. i can guarantee that i wont be doing the triple next year thoughimage

• image you say that now...... image

• i had to laugh as when i got back to my tent to pack it I asked DK if he had managed to get some sleep after the race.he said no..............then i asked him what he had been doing all that time. he said he had had a cuppa and something to eat.......

for a couple of hours I asked.........oh I must have had a sleep then.i thought i had just lain  down for a minute....image

• yea that was a bit surreal, now im just unpacking stuff - my car is a tip and got my first tattoo apointment booked in for 11:00  image

• seren nos wrote (see)

i had to laugh as when i got back to my tent to pack it I asked DK if he had managed to get some sleep after the race.he said no..............then i asked him what he had been doing all that time. he said he had had a cuppa and something to eat.......

for a couple of hours I asked.........oh I must have had a sleep then.i thought i had just lain  down for a minute....image

mwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!

• results are up and I took 9:30 ffs image hahaha glad I can laugh about it. image

• Who cares Soupy, you did it, and it was a brutal course image you also said just think what you could do if you trained, hehehe

Do you think you'll do it again next year? I'm actually a little bit tempted myself...... argggg, i've said it nowimage

• Soup Dragon. Without training I would say that was respectable. As long as you enjoyed it.

Other top athletes are saying the run course is brutal, I certainly though it was last year, but that is what testing yourself is all about.

Good work image

• I might do the full next year image 

• Good call. I'm in for the double image

• Soup Dragon wrote (see)

I might do the full next year image 

image Good on ya Soupy! I can guarantee my thoughts are only on the half, hehehe. Chilli, you've done the double, why don't you do the quin?!image

• In terms of next year I'll stick to tried and tested supporting image

You did good soupy, you finished and you enjoyed it.

• and she smiled the whole way aroundimage

• its dangerous to go and support at enduroman.it drags you in........soupy a perfect place for a full...lovely support and encouragement and loads of people around you next year as the decas, quins and triples will be struggling to finish.....

• Mrs FunkinMrs Funkin ✭✭✭

ButterCupcake...need some crew image  ??

(assuming it doesn't clash with Nice, obviously!)

• Lee the Pea wrote (see)
    Soup Dragon wrote (see)

I might do the full next year image 

image Good on ya Soupy! I can guarantee my thoughts are only on the half, hehehe. Chilli, you've done the double, why don't you do the quin?!image

There must be some people confusing me with others here and on TT. For the record I did the single last year and am serious about the double for next yearimageimage

• Ahhhh! Sorry Chilli, I cleary can't read ANY of your posts correctly,lol.  Double it is then!  Good luck image

• ButterCupcake...need some crew image  ??

(assuming it doesn't clash with Nice, obviously!)

Quote failing here but la la la la la, I can't hear you... image

Maybe, perhaps, especialy as it counts as shorter faster! image

• Soupy - it looked like you could have done the full this year, anyone that is that happy ploughing that course doing the half could do the full

I'll be back next year for the 100 miler probably if it dont clash, loved the atmosphere even without loads of pirates, it makes the outlaw feel second rate. Its all true what they say about Enduroman - its a family.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've supported at Enduroman for the last two years and feel the need to come back and support again next year.  I have no intention of taking part at all though.  I'll leave that to the experts

• image Experts? Phew, that counts me out thenimage

• I think Steve has a meeting with the management at AT soon and no doubt will announce what the format is.

My 2p.

Continuous Deca in 12 days would be silly. Bear in mind the cutoff in Mexico (which is an "easier" course) is 14 days. I think there would only be 2 or 3 people finish within that time. The winner (most probably TC?) would be circa 10 days.

Continuous Quin. 6 days. More realistic. I dont think the WR of 73 hours will be troubled though!

FWIW I think Steve will switch it back to 10 * 1 and 5 * 1 format. The continuous format will detract from the "last day" finishing spirit where everything comes to a head on the last day (deca/quiin/triple/double/single and half all finishing on the last day).

If thats the case I would do the triple as its the only one left for me to do! image

• You haven't done the half at AT Dave.....I would thoroughly recommend it image

• I don't think he will return yet to the one a day format as most people who would want to have done that have already tried.....

he will have a number of people interested in the continious I would have thought.especially the quin.with a few like TC and probably Mark P going for the 10.....