Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

the one in Switzerland is ridiculous!

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

in a former APAC office we had a Fook Yu, a Kum Min Bum & a Poo Wei.

• Stevie seeStevie see ✭✭✭

Phil, I'm not into the whole long rest, short reps thing either. Tonight will no doubt be around 36-33 seconds. The idea is to start at 1500 and work towards 800 pace.  

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭
    DeanR7 wrote (see)

in a former APAC office we had a Fook Yu, a Kum Min Bum & a Poo Wei.

What? Don't these people realise! MInd you, "Philip Jones" is actually pretty rude in Korean, and you're liable to be castrated if you call someone "Roberts" in parts of Mongolia....

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

my dad's initials + surname are COJONES.

• Jesus Stevie see thats some fast running there mate. 33- 36 seconds is like 4:24-4:48mm pace. I'd get injured doing that. Never have managed 200's without getting niggly injurys.
  • ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

I sometimes say 'o'right cock' when ive met someone. Ha. 

I also beat a fella called michael hunt at a parkrun this year. 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    andy the deestrider wrote (see)
    Jesus Stevie see thats some fast running there mate. 33- 36 seconds is like 4:24-4:48mm pace. I'd get injured doing that. Never have managed 200's without getting niggly injurys.

yep...the 4.30 pace 400s on Tuesday seem to have tweaked my standing niggle as well!

Back on running then I suppose...just when I was going to take the dodgy names to a new level...spoonerisms!

the footballer Kenny Lunt was a good one.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Indeed, back on running. 

Hill session this morning, within a run adding up to just over 9 miles. Managed to be finished before 7:30am.

🙂

• literatin wrote (see)

my dad's initials + surname are COJONES.

Now with the surname Jones I thought I would never have to worry about unfortunate initials etc. Unfortunately, my kids are named R C E and A but #1 they all wanted to be known by different names so have become B K L and A and at uni the lab books need to have first initial second initial so she has BJ in big letters across all her books.

My best man is one R Brain, have to be super careful to avoid a P Brain.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Oh, so many comedy things gagging to make their way on here now... so let me list 3 quickly...

1) At about 5 years old I vividly remember the teacher telling my pal Ben Tordoff, to stop writing the T so close to his first name on his book....BENT! image

2) The middle aged woman who put her status to "XXXX is having a BJ Moment".
    I was 99% disgusted, 1%interested as to what she meant.

BJ standing for Bridget Jones of course.

but my favourite

3) a 20year old female pal of mine (at the time...and clearly from a bit of a different generation to me), telling me via FB that she was ...

"discussing her T&A with a friend"

imageimageimageimage

T&A?

Tunes and Anthems obviously!!

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

A former neighbour of mine with a rather beaten up face, telling me he used to be a boxer. And me thinking, 'Not a very good one it appears'.

🙂

• A Canadian friend of mine said she was "double fisting with her girlfriend". Apparently that means a drink in each hand.

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

10 x 400 on grass tonight. First 5 were off 30secs recovery and the last 5 were off 45 secs. Corners were sharp and there's a couple of undulations on it. All came out between 71-74 barring a silly 69 the 7th. That made sure the last two were 74s and  extremely tough. 

The session was being filmed too as the coach has been nominated for a lifetime achievement award. That's twice in a week I've been on camera as the finish to Sundays 10k was on film. image

• Back from a lovely evening's race.

Went to Bowdon, Altrincham to take part in the 5k.

Got some new Adizero shoes delivered this morning, gave them a whirl for a 2 mile leg loosener with strides at lunch time.. Felt speedy so was looking forward to racing in them.., they're green too! 

Was aiming for anything under 17:30, and had the idea of starting the first k in 3:30, then gradually speeding up to 3:20..  Didn't quite work like that! 

The start was up a gentle hill with a few parked cars; Got a fairly good start to keep out of trouble. First km in 3:13.. Second was downhill, passed well, feeling really good in 6:28.

Started struggling in an off road section with ventilation issues and pace dropped at around 2.5k. Crossed 3k in a few seconds over 10mins. 

Did my best to hold it together for the remaining 2 and gave the last 150m my best.

Don't know my place, but crossed the line in 17:09. Fairly happy with that, but thinking I could have gone 16:59 if I had have not done this or had done that!

Next time, I will crack that 17 min barrier! 

Nice one Tim, Bowden isn't the quickest course by any means with all that messing about through the grassy bit at the start/finish. I've been caught out by a silly first K there before!

12 x 200 tonight: 33, 33, 33, 33, 35, 35, 34, 34, 35, 34, 33. Not bad, felt strong but didn't have any more reps in me than the 12. In a true 200 session I'd be looking at running 36/37 seconds. But as this was a short session I wanted to thrash it out a bit. Nice rest day now!  

On the names game... I watched Crewe play York and they had Tony MOTT and Michael GASH up front! MOTT and GASH! HA!!

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I didn't even KNOW mott meant that. image

Does round our way! image

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Wish I could have stepped in at 20:00, but you had to go and ruin it with all that running talk Matt image. Must admit, I was sniggering out loud ! (and those 400s are just too sharp ato be funny anyway!)

Pretty consistent on those 200s Stevie. 12 is plenty at that pace I would think! 3 seconds per rep more than that was what might have set my hamstring off and I was universally told off for doing them too quick! Be careful tomorrow.....

Surely the sporting quote to beat them all form Brian Johnston is "the batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey" 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    mattl wrote (see)

on grass tonight. First came a silly 69. That were extremely tough. 

The session was being filmed too image

What kind of chicanery are you getting up to son?! image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Stevie see wrote (see)

On the names game... I watched Crewe play York and they had Tony MOTT and Michael GASH up front! MOTT and GASH! HA!!

You'd love our local coaches then. Motts Coaches.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Bus, allow me a slight adjustment to your quote. The effects of time on these things being what it is.

I was actually watching that very broadcast at the moment BJ came out with, "The bowlers Holding, the batman's Willey".

Even allowing for my failing memory, I was also aware that at the time when this quote escaped, no-one in the commentary team exploded in laughter. Made me wonder if anyone had noticed what BJ had just said.

And the name game: Can you imagine what the goal keeper Peter Hucker had to put up with his whole career. From behind every goal from opposing fans came, "Hucker you f..er!". 

🙂

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Oh there's too many of these...but we best not turn this whole thread into BBC Bloopers!

Having said that I'm testing a 4miler at 7am to see what the ache rating is.

If it's not good, and I'm on the bench, I might have to just convert my role on here to light comedy relief.

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭
    literatin wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Stevie see wrote (see)

literatin wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Stevie see wrote (see)

literatin wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Stevie see wrote (see)

And the owner really is called Roger!

What's the issue  SG? Stomach?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

It's what came along about 2months ago, what feels like a slightly strained stomach muscle...

got through all the runs, with NSAIDs, and it had eased off again, but this week's hard double header must have re-triggered.

A fair way into a long run can feel it ever so slightly creeping into groin territory too!

So, caution, and luckily the physio appointment i had booked as a "top up" for something completely different looks useful for this on Tuesday now!

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I'd better keep quiet then, about my 12 miler finished by 7:40am.

SG, Had a strain in the guts myself, picked up during a garden job. Couldn't do a sit up or get out bed properly for months. Took around 18 months to disappear. Didn't affect my running too much. But it was always there in the background.

🙂

• Hi Stevie

At the start of the year I was having a pain in the lower abdomen which was spreading to the groin. Started to think it might be a hernia so went and decided to get checked out. After a scan found out it was the start of varicocele (varicosse vein in the bollocks!). Apparently this can put some stress on the nerves which link up into the abdomen from the groin. Usually the left bollock for some reason or other. Anyway, think you might want to get it checked out.

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Ouch MNW - I was sipping on my tea when I read that!

Take it easy SG....