Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Brilliant!  Lanza was just the warm up then?  hehehe. God this will seem much easier eh?

• I reckon it'll be harder Pingu - bet you'll feel a year older by the end image

• Ha, probably! 

As long is there isn't any nasty Red Bull on the course, I reckon it'll be fine!

Btw ..  my F**KING bikes RIGHT shifters have broken now .. same problem!!!!  image

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

SS, how busy / rough was the swim start on Sunday? I've only done one tri before which only had a hundred starters or so. I'm doing the Rhyl Tri at the weekend which won't be much bigger so don't feel very prepared for thrashing around with over a thousand people at Outlaw!

• Iron Pingu wrote (see)

Ha, probably! 

As long is there isn't any nasty Red Bull on the course, I reckon it'll be fine!

Btw ..  my F**KING bikes RIGHT shifters have broken now .. same problem!!!!  image

No worries - I'm on the feed station - I'll make sure there is plenty of luke warm, watered down red bull and horrible sports drink just for you!!

Did you ever find out what was wrong with the gears - is it just the shifters are screwed? Its put me off buying a Planet X - will def go with the Boardman SLR with Di2 now I think (thats white as well, so should be fast image)

• Slokey Joe - I was a very nervous starter so I went right at the back and never had a problem but I guess it could be if you start further towards the front

• C, mon Raf , everyone knows red is fastest.  ;-)

• SlokeyJoe/SS, not sure if the half was different, but in previous years at the full distance, the faster swimmers have lined up at the left hand side of the lake, and then slower swimmers have started towards the right, so you can put yourself near the back (i.e. RHS) if you want to avoid the masses. You then swim towards the LHS and up the lake etc.  I'd say don't worry about it too much, as you can self-seed and go where it suits you image

• Razor51 wrote (see)

C, mon Raf , everyone knows red is fastest.  ;-)

I think this is where i'm going wrong.  My bike is silver, which is clearly the slowest colour!! image

• Iron Pingu wrote (see)

Ha, probably! 

on a possitive note pingu at least its now with time to fix before the event.

• Razor51 wrote (see)

C, mon Raf , everyone knows red is fastest.  ;-)

No no, definitely white image

Tired Badger, the annoying thing with the bike is this issue is turning out to be a recurrent problem.  Before Lanza I had the right shifter fixed.  Then at Lanza the left one broke and wasn't fixable in time.  Now the right ones gone again, and really randomly too, it was working the last time I was out on the bike, and now it's not. 

I think I might bring both my bikes to Nottingham!

• Not nice Pingu, what's PX customer service been like, I too have a white oneimage

• I have the black one which is definitely the fastest.....pity my legs can't match itimage

I have ran long......needed to for my brain.......haven't gone over half distance for months and months.....so a long run in the sun with hubby working off the massive meal i ate yesterday......and threw in the mountain called the beast and them up to the Machen mast trig point.so half the run was hilly and off road.feeling good now apart from the sore calvesimage

• I have a hilly half marathon race on Sunday

Potters half

Should I just treat it like a training run or go for it?

• Id treat it as a training run SA, you don't want any injuries now

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Also white but would happily re-spray if there is a speed advantage with another hue!

SS, Lee, thanks for the info re the swim. I think I'll see how brave I am feeling on the day!

• Whats Planet X got to do with the shifters? Thats down to Shimano/campagwharever BTW always found PX service great

• Agreed RBM, they're SRAM Rival .. had nothing but trouble with them, the frames great.

• Hmmmm my mates PX is Sram Red and whilst she has had no trouble she dosent like the way you shift and i sm inclined to agree my 8 year old ultegra is much slicker

• it took me a year to get used to the scram shifters but i prefer them now.love them .but i do keep on cocking up the geras and need very slight adjustments..........but them with my old bike with the shimano ones i kept on cocking upo the gears and needed them fixingimage

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

a quick question for some of the more experienced.

I have just got a new bike on cycle to work scheme that is way too good for me at this stage but I want to ride it at Outlaw so I am keen to get as much saddle time as possible.

Due to family stuff at weekend I cant get a long ride in, but might be able to wangle a 2 hour ride saturday morning and 3 hour one late in the afternoon.

Am I going to get the same benefits as a longer 4 hour plus ride?

Plus I am doing a tri on Sunday with 400m pool swim, 27k ride and 8k run where I wil use the new bike again and see how it goes.

• TJ - I reckon a split session is far more benefit than no long ride at all! I'm impressed at your self control re new bike - if that was me I'd be on it all the time!

EP - Glad you enjoyed your swim. OW was lovely for me too - it was nice for my hands to be warm enough to actually work when I got out. Calf cramp for the first time in OW was pretty horrible - hoped no one would see me writhing on my back and dive in for a rescue!

I reckon I should stop drinking on the way, because I'm pretty sure if I do that at Holme Pierrpont I'll regret it image

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

brit - just trying to keep the balance and goodwill going for 5 more weeks!!

• TJ all time in the saddle is good I would do the first session at a nice steady just under race pace and the second session at a good lick just above race pace and throw a 45 minute run  on the end

Had a swim lesson of Olympic medallist Cassie Pattern who is a  local last night  got some really good pick ups which I really need yo work on to fix but I length it all seemed to come together together and I was flyingimage

• TJ1004 wrote (see)

brit - just trying to keep the balance and goodwill going for 5 more weeks!!

4 more weeks image

• totally agree that the split session at this stage will be good for youimage

• seren nos wrote (see)

totally agree that the split session at this stage will be good for youimage

seren nos wrote (see)

4 more weeks image

Time for 2 big weeks, then 2 weeks off image