Six Nations 2013

12346»

Comments

• Maxpower North West wrote (see)

I said it before and will say it again that fat prop Cian Healey has no place on a rugby pitch.

Totally agree, not a good avert for rugby at this level.

• Get real FB. The guy is a sandwich short of a picnic.

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

max - so do you know something that the citing team doesn't?  you're saying he's quilty with absolutley no proof.

if it's proven - fine, I'll agree with you but until then stop being a dick

and as suspected, Healey had no case to answer as the allegation was unproven.

happy with that max??  let me guess - no.

• Stop being a cock FB.

As you well know the panel could not prove either way whether he bit him or not. Therefore guilt or innocence are not proven. If you really believe his arm was pushed into his mouth then go ahead. I will believe he bit him based on my view Cian Healey is a cowardly bastard.

let me ask a question - have you ever played rugby at a high level?? somehow I suspect not

• I have played both league and union competitively and union at county level. To be honest I don't thik that makes me anymore qualified to see the guy is coward on the pitch. Guess you are the old school prop who thought it was ok to dish out your own brand of justice. You may think it is the way teh game is but it is simply cowardice.

clearly we have differing opinions on the word cowardice and it's interpretation in the game of rugby

come on - it's a physical game and things go on that should be left go.  I don't advocate biting, gouging, spitting, stamping or anything similar but sometimes modern players cry foul without any good reason and they should just suck it up and get on with the game as in this case.  even the citing commissioner shouldn't have bothered reporting it as there was no reliable evidence to start with.  waste of fucking time all round.

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Looks like he's knackered anyway!

I thought that the player he was supposed to have bitten had said he didn't think it was on purpose....

from the BBC

"Healy was cited on the grounds of an "act contrary to good sportsmanship".

New Zealander Hampton, an independent judicial officer appointed by the Australian Rugby Union, concluded it was possible that during the incident, Sheehan's arm "may have come in contact with Healy's mouth and due to the pressure of the tackle it is likely that unavoidable contact between Healy's mouth and Sheehan's arm occurred".

"There is no conclusive video evidence of the incident and post-match it was not possible to distinguish any discernible bite marks outside of the 'regular' marks usually found following a rugby match," Mr Hampton said in his findings.

"I cannot prove on the balance of probabilities that there was a deliberate bite here and the citing complaint is not upheld."

Sheehan, speaking on Australian television as the players came off at half-time, said: "I don't know if it was an accident or on purpose but there it is. We move on."

you should have moved on at the time Sheehan and said nothing - it's made you look like a dick.   as does the citing commissioner.

• didn't see it.

what does everyone think of the tour so far?

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Very poor opposition so far. Half of the Barbarians didn't look interested. Western Force put out their second team. Looks like the Reds have put out a pretty strong side so I'll receive judgement until after tomorrows game.
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Queensland will be a better barometer.

yep - tomorrow will be a better barometer

and Ryan Grant, the Scottish prop, has now been called into the squad as cover for Gethin Jenkins who's struggling with his calf injury - Geth would be a big loss to the Lions.

EDIT:  Healey is definitely out of the tour - "significant ligament damage"

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

The attrition rate of the tour may well ahve a big bearing on how things go. If the Lions can keep fit, then this should be a succssful tour.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    It should be a successful tour. At the moment the Australian back line seems to be full of "Jack Of All Trades" type players.

I`m looking forward to seeg how Quade Cooper copes with tackling the big Lions back line tomorrow.
    Barkles wrote (see)

The attrition rate of the tour may well ahve a big bearing on how things go. If the Lions can keep fit, then this should be a succssful tour.

the good thing however is that the Lions have good cover for a number of positions if injuries increase. 

• Grant is a decent prop. not in Gethin Jenkins class but he won't let anyone down.