Dinton Pastures Series - Race 2

NonstickNonstick ✭✭✭
Thinking of doing this now my Thursday evenings are clear. Is it a fast course? I know it is flat but I imagine that there are a few tight turns, looking to get a good 10K time before I start marathon training.

Comments

• I missed the first of these but I'm hopign to be there this week.

I've run at Dinton before (when the Reading Park Run was there).  It was flat, and mainly trail.

• NonstickNonstick ✭✭✭

Sounds good andyp, I think l'll go for it anyway as it's local and it's either that or a training run, l was wondering if the 5k and 10k start at the same time  as I imagine the 10k would be two laps, l'll take a look on the web site

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

The 10k goes first, then the 5k sets off 5mins later. It is nice and flat  as it mainly skirts the waters edge - the occasional 'speed bump' is thrown in'. Although flat you will lose a little time due to the bumpy trail surface, and a few tight turns. Race 1 was well organised and provided a good workout. I did the 10k

Just keep you mouth closed when you go past the bits with '000s of midgy flysimage

• NonstickNonstick ✭✭✭

Thanks Also-ran, was wondering about the flies, l guess it makes sense to stagger the start like that. Was going to pay via the website but there was a £2.04 service charge so might as well pay on the day, ran a 66 minute 10 mile training run today so hoping for something close to breaking 38 minutes if all goes well but anything under 40 would be nice.

• I was the same Nonstick. I declined the kind offer of the £2.04 charge for the same reason. 

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭

I'm full of cold/flu and an ear infection so I will probably miss this weeks, but will go to race 3. The lead guy in race 1 was off like a bullet, leaving a couple of us running 38.xx times.  I've not done much in the way of 5 and 10k's, but quite enjoyed the evening. More to the point, good biscuit and cake selection.