Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

In Denmark it's windy and rainy and 15° - so normal Danish summer weather!!!! Supposed to clear up tomorrow though.

• This part of Europe is currently dry, breezy but overcast.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

This part of Europe is actually sunny this morning.

I seem to have done something to my foot after running a unscheduled trail run when trying out a new running route the other day. The top of my left foot is giving me grief. image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

This part of Europe is cloudy with some short showers. I went out for a run this morning hoping to test out my new rain jacket but I had a 2 minute shower and that was it. Quite disappointedimage

Eggy - Ice/Heat is your friend. I get that sometimes after i've been on the trails. It's normally where my laces are too tight and my feet expand due to the heat. I do 10 mins ice/10mins heat and it really helps.

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

I didn't realise we had to be secretive about where in Europe we are imageimage. I rephrase "in this northern part of Europe, it is raining"

I am not very good at this cloak and dagger stuff!

• Weather report from la banlieue Parisienne ... got soaked on yesterday's run, this morning only had a couple of raindrops.  Still very dull and nice cooling breeze.

Eggy, I'm glad you asked that question, I've got the same but on right foot.  Had it since, erm last year ... sometimes it's a sharp pain on steep downhill trails, usually just a nag.  There is also a bump compared to the left foot.  I'm too scared to see a doctor, I avoid doctors (present company excepted of course) except for my annual medical certificate for racing.

Kaz, good luck, you are almost done.  In all senses ...

• DV - There were forecasts of a few Silver Ghosts wafting down through France! image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

It's pissing down here.  Bah.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Sorry to hog all , possibly sympathetic, ears with my trivial tale of woe but here in Beaugesteville it is absolutely boiling ....

It was a DNF for us,this morning, as we left our latest accommodation 2 days early.. First time I ve ever done that. `Now booked somewhere is Rue Paradis. I know. I know.image  *Weedy, still doing your film quiz? I take it you ve seen The Outoftowners? *What else could possibly go wrong?

On the plus side, a run along the seafront at 5.30 am made everything seem better.image ' Passed the Military Barracks at dawn. Briefly considered enlisting...

It's quite a challenge to think kindly of French air traffic controllers, at the moment...

• Rue Paradis hey ATM. I hope you are being literal.

DV - it's overcast and about 17C around these parts, a bit breezy. Less good weather than what the time of year demands. Small chance of a light shower passing through later this afternoon/ early evening, but will be dry in these parts for next day or two.

Happy travelling.

Hope to get out and do 15K or so at lunchtime.  Running opportunities may be limited this weekend as I'm hot-footing it back to the UK to spend Father's Day with my parents. Two weekends in a row back in Blighty. Am becoming a part-time foreigner. Please no one report me to UKIP or any other 'swivel-eyed loon'.

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

I'm running Vrøgum half marathon tomorrow. I have promised to run with my husband's cousin who is really nervous as it's his first half marathon. We have chosen a great day! The route is 10km west, 1km turn, and then 10km east back to the finish line. We have a really heavy headwind forecast for the way out, so I may need to give him lots of words of encouragement in the first half!

It's a run across deserted countryside so at least no-one can see our pain!!

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear of your travel woes, ATM. image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

No swivel eyed loons here, no no no....

• Weather sounds great in various undisclosed parts of Europe! Starting to get a little humid on this side of the pond.

Finally had a good run! first one since my race, none of the random pains I have had for the last few weeks.  Only 5 miles and not exactly at a blistering pace, but it felt really nice.  I managed to get out of bed at 5 a.m. to run before work, and I am not a morning person.  Sometimes insomnia is our friend.

SP13 -- Good luck!

ATM --hang in there

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

i did manage a run today 9 mile tempo into work (the long way) and despite the headwinds it was rather enjoyable. My prep for shroomsberry half has been ok but not without niggles. Any shroomers got their racepacks yet?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Managed 4 tempo miles this morning and feel great. Am very much looking forward to seeing Tricky, Mrs Tricky and RR tonight.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Mine hasn't arrived - I will be pootling around at the back at tourist pace with my SIL - training has been non existent and the last couple of weeks I have barely run at all.  So just a nice day out for me image

Emmy - please get photographic images of tonight's Convocation (i mean congregation)

YM - You could still lay down a decent time in Shrooms - call the last couple of weeks a "cutback fortnight with added alcohol" image - i'm looking forward to the roast dinner and post race drinkies.

• Jimbob/YM -- good luck!  What's the course like?  is there a website?  sorry, but I always feel a little jealous when hearing about the races other people get to run and can't resist taking a look at what Im missing.  And, truth be told, part of me is a little relieved that I don't actually have to train for it.

Hi Aaron - there's 7 of us from the Thread doing the race. Yermaj was signed up - we've all joined in for the jolly -the pre and post race meals/get togethers and most importantly post race alcoholic consumption. I've heard there's a couple of nasty hills but i'm used to them living up in North London so i'm hoping for a good race with a great atmosphere.

http://intherunning.net/events/the-shewsbury-half-marathon/

• Got in a just under 10 miler at lunchtime, before it started raining. Whilst not going beyond 8/10 effort, I ran the course 7½ mins slower than my PB on that same course. Maybe I shouldn't care what the watch says but it's a hard habit to let go of. Anyway, my only real thought was of being impressed at how fast I was able to run before.

Resting mode now /ON image as I doubt I will get to do much runing over the weekend.

• TD, you are allowed to slow down you know.  You are still faster than us mere mortals.  Make sure you do rest.  Please.

I'm addicted to this music programme on Radio Scotland so here's the link as some of you might appreciate it.  Every day there is a theme and listeners text/phone/tweet/FB their suggestions.  Got 2 of my requests played last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02qgby3#programme-broadcasts

• DLR - Eric Page?? Who he?

Sounds gruelling Kaz, so should be right up your street! Good luck.

Weather in the 'Riviera of the North' is warm, sunny and breezy. Grass cutting for me tonight.

And then I need to get a few races sorted out - I'm starting to enjoy doing whatever training I want, whenever I want to it. Can't be having that! Enjoying is for wimps... 

Mac, what about a berlin place?

• TJB - would love to run it again, but finances are too tight. My eldest son is getting married in Cyprus in August and I'm helping fund it.....

I will concentrate on triathlons over the summer and then, hopefully, aim for Boston in April. My body is thanking me for taking a break from the long distances...

I have  deferred the Barcelona tri until 2014 as the logistics and costs were getting out of hand. I'll be better organised next year.

Weedy - my list will be with you soon... 

• Gruelling Simon - yes, so bad i was beeing sick this afternoon, and had to sit out of the rest of the session..... But that was after reaching level 13 on the beep test thing - not bad when I could harldy function!!!image

Brain dead. Craving food. a lovely chef at lunchtime cooked me some nice Gf stuff, shame I was sick then, chef the night a pure prick....told me to take what was there or do without! Not amused.

• Hooray! Functioning wifi! Just catching up. Good to hear you escaped from the cave of horrors ATM. LawyerA - a run with no random pains sounds like a win to me. Kaz - that sounds like a nightmare. Can you complain to the organisers about the food? You have to have fuel for what you're doing. TP - Bryan Burnett is the only person who's ever played a request for me on the radio (Aztec Camera, High Land Hard Rain - the theme was, I think, summer weather).

Good to catch up at dinner this evening with Emmy, TD, Mrs TD (and a life-sized horse). DV - weather in the Low Countries is cold and grey. Brief run this morning to expose pasty Caledonian knees to the good people of Belgium.

• Hi RR...  thanks for the update...  we leave in the morning...  I just had a look at the car and its not broken...  yet....!    So..   breakfast, get the car set up and oiled and we'll be heading your way...   should be in Bruges after lunch....

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

Hi RR...  thanks for the update...  we leave in the morning...  I just had a look at the car and its not broken...  yet....! 

Well that's reassuring...image