Friday 14th June 2013

Morning

Todays lyrics:I don't know where I'm going

Cracking sunny morning

What:Hills x 10 with mile warm up/down. Off road

Why: Habit.

Good meal last night for sons 21st. image

Younger son is off up to his aunts in Stornoway for 10 days today.

Coffee and catch up time

Back later,

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Drowning by Stereophonics.

Exams all over then birks? Glad you had a nice evening out. Nice start to the day here but it's not forecast to last unfortunately.

Blisters - call it a taper.

What:                  45/20 brick
    Why:                    coach says
    Last hard:            not feeling better for the rest
    Last rest:              27/4

Lyrics - think so.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    logged on before I left the house this morning, couldn't be bothered to start the thread, besides the kettle had boiled and the toaster had 'popped'....
    what - easy 2 or 3
    why - legs mushed. Club handicap last night, but by the time I'd got through traffic to drop girls at the track, I had 15 minutes to get the 2 miles to the start (on foot). So a brisk warm up, then 5 miles tempo (~35, waiting for official scores), then mile or so back to the track. 8.3 miles in 63 minutes.
    last rest - sunday
    last hard - yesterday
    Chicka - taper starts this weekend, will do a cpl of easy hours tomorrow when youngest swims, then ease back off.
    lyric- possibly

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lyrics today pretty sure yes

sounds like a hectic night Dustin!

lmh hope you feel a bit rested soon

what: 22.5 mile bike ride, very tired legs

why: my body wants a rest and will have one!

last hard: this morning

last easy: yesterday

have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A'noon,

LMH: Yeah he finished his last exam last Wed and is finished with school now.

Wabo: A good bike session.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon! And a very wet one at that, although I managed to dodge the showers:

What: 16 mins easy
    Why: taking care after last night's 40. Hope to do 30 plus tomorrow or Sunday.

Lyrics: fairly confident!

Wasn't working today...which means I was marking from 7.15 until I ran half an hour ago.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Alehouse  nicely going

What: 10 mile cycle
    Why: Hopefully parkrun tomorrow  so a rest  from running dunno if 10 miles on the bike  albeit leisurely is a good idea  had a bill to pay 2 miles away  so thought i'd do a Forest Gump and Keep going for a while (alas I didn't reach t'other side of the country)

Last Hard: Finding the post office  it was still there just couldn't see it
    Lyrics: I thought I did but was wrong

• We never know where we're going but we sure know where we've been. We need to learn from that!!!  Mind you I still intend diving into cold sea water in anger sometime soon. Have I learnt - ???

1.6k swam with heavy emphasis on breathing both sides. Need that for OW. 8.5 miles ran at a decent clip.

Didn't get in yesterday but had a good day with good running and cycling speed. I feel a plan coming together.

Local Tri club doing a dry (wet) run of forthcoming triathlon next sat (their members not allowed compete in real thing as they are all needed for marshalling etc). I think I've squeezed an invite - that should be good!

The weather forecast for the foreseeable is shite - Summer didn't last long!!

• I'm hoping it improves for my tri on Sunday Paddy or my first OW of the year is going to be a bit of a shock and it will only get worse if we come out to a cold, windy, wet day - and we do this for fun?

Sounds like good news Alehouse - hope you keep progressing.

Pammie - I don't think todays ride should have scuppered your parkrun chances.

Managed to get out in the dry for my brick session this morning, a little windy which I hope explains the slightly slower than hoped for bike element but the run went well.

• Lyrics, familiar.
    I was bombed and buzzed by Thursday night. Today saw an early finish (although I'm now back at it) and the opportunity to go for a tramp in the woods. The tramp's starting to get annoyed though (baboom tizz). 6 miles trotted, almost twisted ankle twice, and I feel a lot happier (and lighter).
    Nice to hear of Alehouse's progress.
    Cycling appears to be the new format for the alternate days.
    Paddy, LMH, I hope that the swell is OK on Sunday, yes I do mean swell on the lake! I'm not looking forward to the silly start time, but I am looking forward to being last onto the bike! I must try and rein in my racing head at the start of the bike leg or I won't have any legs.

Now then, where's NZC? Haven't heard from her for a while.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

LMH - hopefully not  - not cycled that  far (don't laugh) in ages  Park run will be my long run of the week LOl

Just did another 5km on bike to put money on Oystercard save doing it in the morning

Hope  you have decent weather on Sunday

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Weather showery here today, but still very muggy.  Meant to get to 31 next week...

What: Pilates
    Why: OH is playing in a show so have the evening to myself
    Lyrics: YES!

Doing a run against cancer tomorrow.  The course is an 800m lap and you run as many as you want.  They (I have no idea who "they" are) then donate 1 euro for every lap run to charity.  It's the first one, so no idea what it's going to be like!

Hope the weather is ok for everyone's tris this weekend.  Pammie good luck in parkrun, you'll be fine image

Paddy good to hear you've got an invite!
    Wabo I wouldn't call 22 miles cycling a rest...

Have a good one all.

• Thanks Pammie. Is it an early start for you to get to parkrun?

Blisters - you may be surprised about your position in the swim - is it a wave or a mass start?

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Will be LMH need to get up at 6am but  may  cycle part of way leave bike at work while its early (leave about  7ish) i'll have to get  up a similar time on Sunday for work - Good practice

Thanks emzap sure I will just  ages since  I've run that  far it'll be a start  and my  last race (though parkrun isn't a race) as a FV40

• There are four waves. It will go Bye-bye, bye-bye Blisters! But as there are 150 in each wave and the start is congested with 10 people it may be amusing for some. Especially as the swimmers have to go around a slight prominotory within 100m.

Emzap, I remember doing a 1km lapped relay charity event in the central park once. As it was a 24 hour relay I went for a skylark slot, and did my long run session there. 30 laps or more.

• That sounds like it could be either fun or frustrating emzap.

Doing anything special for your birthday Pammie?

Which wave are you in Blisters? It's the tri star event isn't it?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Humm feeling peeed off (how many eeeeees?!) as got to gym and was waiting for pilates teacher to stop chatting.  20 mins later she tells me, oh as no one else is coming, I'm going to cancel...great.

I then ran an angry 1.5 mile time test.  Under 11 mins.  I was angry!

30 laps is impressive Blisters.  I'm hoping it'll be more fun than just running laps as I think there's a mini festival with it.  Also, some friends are hoping to come along, so maybe I'll run some, then get joined by some others...

• http://cotswold113.com/site/

Any super sleuths could find me under race number 365.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Angry running I always find is good running image

what - 6m tramp in the woods / trail
    Why - Just enjoying itLast Rest - Weds
    Last hard - sat

Take care

Oh lyrics - possible but doubtful...image