Can men wear womens running shoes?

Was watching a lecture last night and the bloke was saying he buys womens shoes?

What you think? Its a lot cheaper etc because no women wear size 11s etc

Comments

• Not while the woman is wearing them, no.

• Pink & fluffy doesn't suit me 

• Nearly bought a women's pair of Vomero by accident the other night. They were black, my size, and I got as far as having my card in my hand before I noticed.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

If the heel cup in the mans version is a bit on the loose side then yes.

The women's heel cup is 10% narrower on account of their slimmer heels (allegedly)

🙂

• I wear mens shoes for similar reason ...more room in the toe/heel and size 9's generall in the sale!

• Wells that's what I meant because I think Mens and womens shoes differ by 2 sizes. I'm a 9 and so buying any blokes shoe in a 9 will be expensive but buying a women's 11! isn't going to be because not many women are size 11.

But its interesting to hear about the heel difference. I get through a pair of shoes every 2 - months and its starting to cost a lot of money. So it was just a thought. I would'nt choose anything too pink image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    M...eldy wrote (see)

I wear mens shoes for similar reason ...more room in the toe/heel and size 9's generall in the sale!

Same for me - I'll buy either, depends on the shoe and the price.

ivor, why did you decide not to buy them, if they fitted and you liked them?

Vicar - men's and women's sizes don't differ as far as I can see.  I buy an 8.5 whether I get men's or women's shoes.

• Wilkie, thats interesting to hear? I just didn't know if mens and womens feet differed to such an extent that the whole idea would have been rather daft. Might be the way forward image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I've used what are marketed as men's shoes for years, in between I've used women's from time to time.

Never noticed any difference, to be honest.

My OH and I take the same size, so sometimes we swap shoes image

• As Wilkie says, I think the actual shoe sizes are the same for men's and women's shoes.

But the width / fit may differ, as mentioned.

(I don't think I can get men's shoes in a size 4 though!)

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

TheVicar wrote (see)

But its interesting to hear about the heel difference. I get through a pair of shoes every 2 - months and its starting to cost a lot of money. 

You should try praying to another God, Vicar. 

To trash a pair of shoes in only two months means He must be testing your faith.

Mine last years, and I haven't even made a pact with the Devil.

🙂

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)

My OH and I take the same size, so sometimes we swap shoes image 

Kinky! image

Juliefrazz, you can get children's shoes in a size 4 and avoid paying VAT. I used to have some boys' ones (I'm size 5) though normally I buy women's as I do have quite narrow heels.

• Start with her running shoes, then it's her work shoes, before you know it you'll be trying the wedding dress on, a very slippery slope