PSOF Championships 2013 - Challenge Henley

Comments

• was thinking more of a Boardman SLR 9.0 with Ultegra Di2s ..... but only because its white and we all know that's important!

• I agree.....very nice bike.

• It is - but I think there may be a bit of a shortfall between what the insurance company pays out for a 6 year old Halfords special and what Bikescience may be asking for the above mentioned Boardman.........image But one day!!

• Raf - less thinking more buying you deserve it , YOU NEED IT, buy it, buy it now... Join the new bike club you know you wanna image

• This is turning into a bike fetish thread image

• I'm jealous of you all image

• My new bike has arrived, god it's hot.... Want too ride it now image

• What, at twenty past ten at night? You would have to put lights on it, and they weigh, so you might as well have a steel framed fixie.

• I've just hunted from page 1 to page 34, I thought it time that we resurrected a list of fully paid up entrants. If anyone fancies continuing the trawl from 34 onwards to see if there are more wannabe Pirates signing up, please feel free.

Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)

CH - entered
    Barley
    Blisters
    ChallengeCheggers
    Fraggle
    Gladys
    Iron SwissBobby
    Iron Dreamer
    M.eface
    Rafiki
    Scuba Trooper
    Soupy
    Ultimate Badger
    Ultra Cougie

CH Half- arsed
    Bedders
    Hope

• Blisters wrote (see)

I've just hunted from page 1 to page 34, I thought it time that we resurrected a list of fully paid up entrants. If anyone fancies continuing the trawl from 34 onwards to see if there are more wannabe Pirates signing up, please feel free.

Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)

CH - entered
    Barley
    Blisters
    ChallengeCheggers
    Fraggle
    Gladys
    Iron SwissBobby
    Iron Dreamer
    M.eface
    Rafiki
    Scuba Trooper
    Soupy
    Ultimate Badger
    Ultra Cougie

whizkid

CH Half- arsed
    Bedders
    Hope

You forgot my name blisters, I am not feeling the love!

• Back from Spain.

Weight gained: A stone?

Training done: Zilch. Nada. Eff all.  

Feeling pretty unfit. Might go for a jog later or maybe smash a double session tomorrow as I'm still in holiday mode. I could do with a night's sleep in my own bed.  Reading the posts I've missed, it appears Raf has broken PlanetX and Jamie (now known as "WhizKid") has revealed himself the only person to be raking in a six figure salary. Oh and there appears to be some excellent race performances too. image

• Welcome home Badger ! I think it's a good thing to have a break.  I did an hour at lunchtime on my turbo trainer today...it was hot, boring and hard.

• Just been out with new wheels - can't believe the difference!! Why didn't you lot tell how good deep rims are!! And they do make a nice noise when you really wind it up - like a nice purrrrrr!! image

• I can feel myself stopping at a bike shop on the way home from our bike recce....you are bad (good really!) influences !

• WhizKid, you can feel the love now.

OFFICIAL LIST, as I've just trawled the ENTIRE THREAD

Entries are still open, so anyone who has just had a fun weekend H-I-M can come and join us. 

CH - entered
    Barley
    Blisters
    ChallengeCheggers
    Fraggle
    Gladys
    Iron SwissBobby
    Iron Dreamer
    M.eface
    Rafiki
    Scuba Trooper
    Ultimate Badger
    Ultra Cougie
    WhizKid

CH Half- arsed
    AA
    Bedders
    Dubai Dave
    Shuffle B (Mrs OC)
    Soup Dragon

• Blisters wrote (see)

WhizKid, you can feel the love now.

Entries are still open, so anyone who has just had a fun weekend H-I-M can come and join us. 

CH - entered
    Barley
    Blisters
    ChallengeCheggers
    Fraggle
    Gladys
    Iron SwissBobby
    Iron Dreamer
    M.eface
    Rafiki
    Scuba Trooper
    Ultimate Badger
    Ultra Cougie
    WhizKid

Brooko

CH Half- arsed
    AA
    Bedders
    Dubai Dave
    Shuffle B (Mrs OC)
    Soup Dragon

Hooe you don't mind me adding my name down..

• Thats a good list. image

• Blister - good list work mate

Badger - what the hell did you do on holiday to put on a stone?

Please stop talking about all the bike bling, the other half will kill me if i spend more money on tri rubbish. Very tempted by new wheels before Marlow HIM thoughimage

Been a good weeks training, just short of a bit of swimming at the moment but the shoulder is improving so not all is lost. I also think having to look at my stroke and doing som many drills will only be good for my swim technique in the long run.

• Blister - good list work mate

Badger - what the hell did you do on holiday to put on a stone?

Please stop talking about all the bike bling, the other half will kill me if i spend more money on tri rubbish. Very tempted by new wheels before Marlow HIM thoughimage

Been a good weeks training, just short of a bit of swimming at the moment but the shoulder is improving so not all is lost. I also think having to look at my stroke and doing som many drills will only be good for my swim technique in the long run.

• I think I need to cut down on the Friday "liquid iron" intake, I think I'm seeing double.
    Brooko, nothing personal, but if the List Fairy spots that you've not respected the Queen's Alphabet you'll be in deep shtrubble.

I'll see if I can help you out.

CH - entered
    Barley
    Blisters
    Brooko
    ChallengeCheggers
    Fraggle
    Gladys
    Iron SwissBobby
    Iron Dreamer
    M.eface
    Rafiki
    Scuba Trooper
    Ultimate Badger
    Ultra Cougie
    WhizKid

CH Half-arsed
    AA
    Bedders
    Dubai Dave
    Shuffle B (Mrs OC)
    Soup Dragon

• Training? I think that I have to call it a lie-down week. That's a bit less than a cut back week. 2 runs on heavy legs and er feck all else.

• Great work pulling up the list of names. 

Sorry ive not posted here very often, I was focussed on Lanza and extremely busy with work to think to much about Henley.

I'll deffo be there and will try and visit the thread more often.

There's not a massive group of us but you dont need numbers to have a good time, it'll be what we make it.

As its the Pirate Championship race we'll be having an awards ceremony the day after the race so please hang around, for those with lifts/staying another night there will be copious consumption of beer.  Not forgetting the highly coveted trophys up for grabs.  Fastest Male, Fastest Female, Best Improver and Best Novice image

• Looking forward too it! I've got that week off and being local too, I'll be the drunken mess in the corner... As I don't really drink its gonna be interesting, raf's already been on my case image

• I shall be on a feed station somewhere heckling you lot. I'll probably crash the PU on the Monday too image

• Slowest swimmer?

Newest newbie?

Most embarrassing Grandad? (she'd better not be pregnant)

Gladys is only turning up for one reason.

• Barley - The camps site I mentioned today was www.swissfarmcamping.co.uk they have pitches for tents/campers and also statics for hire. I've contacted them to see if they will hire them for a weekend rather than Saturday to Friday.

• Well after ducking out of the recce today due to the forecast I struck out on my own and was flying (a weeks holiday appears to have done my cycling legs the world of good)...for about 30 mins. Then I punctured. Then I realised my pump was on the TT bike. Then I realised I had no phone reception. Then I walked miles in my beautiful carbon soled tri shoes. Then I thought f**k it I'm gonna cycle the rest of the way back on a flat tyre. Thankfully, my rim and tyre appear intact! There is a god after all. 

Gonna do the club bike sesh tomorrow morning for something different. Need a solid week this week as my 'build' training is not quite where I would've liked. On the plus side my shoulder appears to be better.

Keep trucking brothers.