Options

Mundane thread

Comments

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

((Mouse))

Mundane news from me is that I found a white spider on my car today. Totally white it was, showed up very clearly against bright red paintwork.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'm good at hugs.  Take as many as you need little Mousey x

• Options

Hi Mundanies image

Kettle's on, the cheese safe is open, and there's a bucketful of best wishes for those in need of a little extra help at the moment.

• Options

(((More hugs for Mousey))) - lots of love from over the sea xxx

• Options

Morning image  More hugs ((( ))) and love for Mousey xxxx

• Options

Mousey might be getting sick of hugs by now but here's some anyway. (((((hugs)))))

In mundane news I met Chris Hoy last night and can confirm he likes cheese. image

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Afternoon *adds to the hug pile, and sneaks in some Marmite-themed yummy things* (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

I didn't get the job image

• Options

I'll put some hugs and marmite in a basket so people can take as needed

• Options

In mundane news anyone fancy this? http://sharkfestswim.com/

Dawn could make a interesting first open water experiance? image

• Options

An interesting thought, but I was thinking of something a little more local.  image

• Options

Bookie, did you explain to Sir Chris, why exactly he had to write 'I like cheese' or does he just think you're a total nutter? image

• Options

image It was just me Sarah couldn't get in and he now thinks I'm a nutter. imageimage

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

There was only one ticket, and whilst Cake was chivalrous enough to offer it to me, I was brave enough to say no and let him do the thigh oogling instead.

I have zero motivation to work today. Precisely zilch. Bah bloody humbug. Plus this room is freezing - I'm having to wear my coat in the consultation room!

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Thank you for all the hugs. I have arranged D's funeral. If you want details then just ask privately.

Caring for D is still keeping me busy. It will be later that the loss will really hit me I know. Though I know he felt loved and he appreciated his friendships and said that all told he had had a good life albeit one so short.

We are all mortal and I couldn't've stopped him from dying.

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Sarah, I'm sorry about the job. I guess you're feeling prety low at the moment.

Ha, maybe it's time to open the 'Cake-Book' a book club with cake. image I hope that you find something you want soon.

Adds another log to the fire.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

Mousey, you are entirely right, there was nothing more you could have done for D - it is evident from your posts that you loved and cared for him so much.  I won't pretend to know exactly what you're going through, but I have been very close to someone in a very similar situation, and I can say that for that person, that yes, the loss did hit hard after all the formalities and arrangements were made, but that also you find other things to hold on to and keep going for that make it ever so slightly easier.  Hope you have people there to look after you, and sorry if that was a bit much from a random stranger in a mundane thread...  

Bookie, I'm sorry about the job image  Opportunity for better things, perhaps?

More hugs and cheese (I prefer it to marmite, although I do not hate marmite)

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I have mini cheddars with marmite in, might try one tomorrow.

A book club with cake sounds a great idea, I will start on my own with the book Ghost Runner about John Tarrant which I am about to take on holiday to read, a further 3 books will go and will probably end up reading others left in the apartment. I tend to only read books on holiday.
    Planned for tomorrow is making some Dove's Farm gluten free sultana scones.

• Options

Mousey, thinking of you and sending you love.

Looks like a book club is forming from my group of sling wearing mummies, I hope so as I miss my old book club.

I went out last night, Mini2 was very good for daddy and then woke up hourly through the night wanting feeding - clearly still needs his mummy!

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi guys.  I've had an exhausting week for a number of reasons.  Lots going on emotionally anyway, with the divorce so close and life still being generally unsettled.  I also had the news that a swimming friend died last Saturday and on Thursday I was told that my landlord wants me out of the house.

Then this weekend I've done my longest swim ever, with camping the day before and after so I've had very little sleep and the whole combination has left me very raw (for want of a better word) and tired.  But not to worry as its all things that can be sorted out and I will be back to normal once I've had time to process everything and sleep.

Sending loads more hugs to Mouse as she is a very special person who deserves them.

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Well done on the longest swim, Caz. I look forward to reading about it. The rest will pass.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Ok, I get the hint Womble.  I've written a blog post about a long swim a few weeks ago and will follow it with more recent swims shortly

• Options

How long do you have to find a new place to live Caz?

Hope you're ok today Mousey.

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Sorry that you're having a rough ride atm SC. Seems like too many people are having to deal with the rubish that life can throw at us sometimes. Makes me realise that I've had it easy until now. I know how lucky I've been.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Landlord wants me out in a month.  Thats the shortest notice she can give me according to the contract.  That on its own woudn't be a problem as I could easily move elsewhere.  The trouble is that I am in the middle of buying my own place and it is unlikely to be settled within a month.  If I move then I will need to sign another contract for a minimum of a year although I might be able to wrangle six months, or I could live in a hotel/B&B for a few weeks.

I'm trying to negotiate wth the landlord but its not easy when I have to go through the letting agency who I am sure will pass on Chinese whispers.  I'm also chasing my conveyancer for the house sale and the solicitor for the divorce to try to get the house to go through as quickly as possible.

To be honest, none of my problems are really that major. It is just bad timing when I am at the peak of my swim training and suffering badly with lack of time and energy.

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I hate it when people are on their own when there are difficult things to be done. I wish I could be of some practical use. 

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

I need to sort out some long distance transport solution. ie get my bike back on the road. I'd be fine cycling 50 miles today but i have so much else to do that I don't feel like I can afford the time. It's what happens in the future. I know the future is a long way away.

• Options

Morning all - ((hugs)) to those in need.

Today the weather is pleasant...yesterday it was dire...torrential rain, howling wind and cold...pity MrGFB's triathlon was yesterday and not today!  Ah well - it was all good clean fun!!

• Options
    Mr Puffy wrote (see)

I hate it when people are on their own when there are difficult things to be done. I wish I could be of some practical use. 

Seconded ((((hugs))))) all round.

I'm feeling a little bad today. Afraid last night in my sleep was having a very bad dream about my time in the Nan fightly zombie's and stuff and woken myself up by slapping bookie in her sleep. image Was not a good feeling.

Going to have to pamper her later and stuff.

Hope the next few days go ok Mousey.

On brighter news Dawn are you all set for the weekend and are you taking this week easy?

• Options

(((Mundanies)))

• Options

Clocked up another 22k run yesterday and then did 10k the day before. Another taper week ahead.  Our local gym was closed due to the flooding but re-opened yesterday so have to get there, prob tomorrow.  I will celebrate once our vacation is actually booked.  Plan to start eliminating the walk breaks on the LSRs.....