Hope you had a nice anniversary Paddy

Back later.

Comments

• Morning

What 7 with hills
    Why something diffrent
    Lyrics no

Happy solstice peeps

Very warm and moist out there this morning though rain is predicted later.

Off to work now

• morning

What:4M Easy/Steady,

Why: A recovery run. Warm, dry,

Okay outing

paddy; Belated Happy Anniversary mate.

Alex: Welcome back

donaldo: Good session last night.

Lyrics: Nope.

• Morning.

That was brief emzap - no what/why etc?

Can't believe we're at the longest day already - where is summer?

Hope the legs are ok Alehouse.

What:                45 minute easy run
    Why:                 Friday is rest or easy run day
    Last hard:         16/6
    Last rest:           27/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

LMH needed to log into UK work computer before starting German work (working from home), so in a rush!

What: 9 km slowly round my house
    Why: want to try out new shoes, so need option to change them if I need to!
    Last hard: sleeping last night when some idiot was ringing the neighbour's doorbell over and over at 3am!
    last rest: yesterday

Cooler here, though still 24C. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    looks like its going to be another muggy one..
    what - 4 easy at lunchtime
    why - keep cogs turning during taper
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - tuesday
    lyric - like emzaps neighbour, they are ringing a bell...
    enjoy the longest day!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

oh I am sure I should know these lyrics  today....

what: an amazing nice bike ride 21.45 miles, think I am going back to cleats tho...

why: Its Friday and what I do

last hard: that's was

last easy: yesterday

North Downs is coming!! Ooh er..

have a good

day all and happy weekend

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Longest Day - Winter is coming!!!!!

OK -  today I rest. Weather forecast for tomorrow's soiree into the Irish Sea is Shite - but I'm going to be brave. What better preparation for a race than having a full "dry run". Only problem is that all the others are club members with shiny bikes and pointy hats. 

Thanks for the happy anniversaries - it was nice once I got home last evening. I'm cooking anniversary dinner tomorrow night with waiter/ waitress help from the kids. Need to allow for breakages!!

Good to see DD back in the fold and I see back in "Blighty". Hope you bought a coat!!.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse - 30 mins on the road, I like to see this, I like a lot!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Just ran in the new Mizanos.  Dustin I think it was you who asked how they were compared to the Asics 2000?  From 1st impressions they are lighter and seem to provide a similar amount of support.  I like them.  Not sure if they're better or worse than the Asics yet, only time will tell I suppose!

• Longest Day is it.

From tomorrow: "Aye the nights are fair  drawing in !"image

donaldo will know this saying I hope...

• What: rest I think
    Why: heard the 2:15 dawn chorus due to being in for hospital and on call until Monday
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Wednesday

Missing out on tonight's campover and midnight swim (just too far to go while on call image) Thinking about getting ready for next trip away (Harris)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: rest
    Why: being carfeul! One ankle a little tender post road running: hopefully it is just a stage it needs to go through.

Lyrics: no

So, winter nights are on the way all too soon.

Enjoy the North Downs, Wabo.

Looking forward to other race reports, too.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Birkmyre - "nights are drawing in" yeah I've heard that one  Winter is coming

Wabo all the best hope you have a good run

What: may rest
    Why: legs all beat up - parkrun tomorrow
    Last Hard: cycle home this morn, long night
    Lyrics: no

Alehouse  hope ankle  is ok

• Pammie: good for you. Thought it was just a Scottish saying.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

oh dear, longest day already image  it's going downhill from now on ...

mega busy today but wanted to reveal yesterday's lyrics: Cheek to cheek, Siouxsie and the Banshees

what: 9 really tough miles
    why: hot and muggy, hated it
    last hard: not giving up after the first mile
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: no

Have a good weekend.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Birkmyre - Parents were Irish so maybe a Scottish/Irish thing

OH - Nice  enjoy Harris

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Birkmyre, myself and Jen were just saying that last night.  We agreed that on Saturday, we'll probably say it frequently! image  Good phrase!

• Evening

Bathroom is now finished. Had the ceremonial flushingimage

Pammie:I can just hear it in an Irish accent, my grandfather and his family were from Portrush

donaldo: Agree great phrase.

Oh and saw a sign up outside a local hotel advertising...Christmas Nights Out. I'm not kidding... 'Gie's a break !'image

• birkmyre wrote (see)

Longest Day is it.

From tomorrow: "Aye the nights are fair  drawing in !"image

donaldo will know this saying I hope...

Certainly familiar with this phrase. Uncertain whether it is Scottish although I've now spent more of my life in Orkney than anywhere else.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Chick, thanks for the mention both yesterday and the day previous. It would be churlish not to respond when someone actually remembers you, so thanks for that.

I'm currently injured, calf strain, a week in, about 2-3 weeks to go. Ironically it's a welcome relief from running as badly as I have been of late. I ran my first 5k for 5 years a couple of weeks ago - 22:02 (7:05 pace), which is a scant reward for the miles run over the past twelve months. Realistically that's the way it is ...65 years old and in decline.

On the other hand, i'm enjoying my involvement with the club and getting a lot of pleasure out of the achievement of my fellow members. I organise the handicap time trials which great fun and I'm exploring the possibility of doing some coaching courses....on the basis that those can't (anymore) teach.

Performance-wise I'm probably going to have to drop down a training group at the club...to the one with all the pretty girls in lycra, so not all bad news.

Alehouse, it's really good to see you making progress....I'm starting to get edgy about our confrontation, the pendulum is swinging in your direction.

A belated hello to all my other friendly threaders, in particular Dustin - good to see the daughters making progress, Blisters - well done on the tri, loved the swimming escapades, LMH - I'm glad you overcame your asthma induced issues, Byrkes - did I get a hint of an upcoming race?, Pammie - back on track again, Donaldo - back in the groove after the slightly disappointing marathon and Wabo - best of luck on the North Downs Mara.

Finally a special call to Stellina and Sharkie....if you're out there make contact!
  • Tom: good to see you here. Sadly none of us can fight age

Blisters; yes I enjoyed JOGLE, arse was raw but recovered now.

Paddy: back in UK and love it.

what: nowt

Why: ankle sore

last hard: JOGLE

last rest: all week.

will cycle with club tomorrow

• Tom. wrote (see)

Performance-wise I'm probably going to have to drop down a training group at the club...to the one with all the pretty girls in lycra, so not all bad news. 

I like your style Tom

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    DD, apologies for not referencing you in my previous post. I do remember that you had JOGLE lined up (as opposed the Gallic version LEJOG). Is there anywhere that I can read about your exploits?
  • Tom, you may not be as fast, but at least the girls can now catch you!

Scottish folks, enjoy the glorious summer never-ending-evenings. It will be helicopter midge season soon.

Dubai Dave, are you doing Challenge Henley IM?

German folks, I hear that A Merkle has managed to annoy V Putin without saying anything. I thought that she was a smooth operator. I mean it's like the Greeks asking us for the Elgin Marbles, the Spaniards asking for Gibraltar, or the Argies asking for the Falklands. Next thing that you know, the Israelis will be asking Merkle for the paintings that she hasn't yet got back from the Ruskies. Next thing you know and we'll have Paddy raising his hand again.
    (Please note, that I haven't offered any solutions to these problems, or even offered opinions on the various merits of the claims).

Training? I got shouted at when I arrived home for being late. I hadn't even been anywhere other than work, and I'm still at it, albeit half heartedly. The weekend's a washout too.