Back later

Comments

• Morning.

What:              A wet and windy (the weather, not me) LSR
    Why:               it's summer
    Last hard:       16/6
    Last rest:         27/4

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH: Dry and warm here.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hi all, quick post from me..
    Blisters - don't give up the day jobimage
    what - hopefully a run
    why - school fayre all afternoon, but I'm off in a minute to set up, and I'm chief bar steward (no typo) today...
    last rest - well I never got a run in yesterday
    last hard - ages ago, 
    ah well, I am tapering anyway!

lyric - possibly

• Morning

What 15.71
    Why LSR
    Lyrics Think so

Got home earlier than exprcted after picking up Mrs PP and PP2 from the Killers gig last night. Am off Blisters way later with PP3 for an agency audition in Tewkesbury followed by a late lunch at my mums. So the grass won't be cut again this week.

Enjo bar management Dustin and don't drink the proffits, mines a pint please.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

Dustin - enjoy your new role

Postie  all the best to PP3

What: 2.16 miles (23:05)
    Why: Days holiday, toyed between 3 miles  or a 2x2 opted for the later.
    Last Hard: yesterday felt it today no aches  but just tired
    Lyrics they seem familiar but not quite got it

All the best to Wabo today

• Blisters - I offer my apologies for my overuse of the Queen's beautiful and useful language. If I spouted verbal incontinence I am forced to say sorry in the largest biggest and most forceful way. When I picked up the pen the additional, unrequired words, phrases and sentences just oozed out - once again sorry. 

I don't know what to do today. I was going to go for a longish run but may opt for a recovery visit to the gym instead. 

• Hope Wabo has better weather than here.

Good luck to PP3.

Paddy - take Mrs Paddy out for lunch.

My legs were in Forrest Gump mode today so 18.5 miles bumbled despite the weather.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    DD - that was some epic journey you undertook - almost 100 miles a day for 10 days into those winds...you have my unbounded admiration. Is next year's LEJOG designed to test sod's as it applies to wind direction?

Postie - did you get good reports of the Killers gig? I think they have fans on this thread, myself included.

Pammie - my one and only Parkrun was Cardiff in 2008, the day before my 60th birthday and three months after a cartilage op. Ran 20:10, wasn't overly pleased with it at the time, but what wouldn't I give for that now. As Joni Mitchell sings "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone....."

Dustin - excuse my inattention, but what are you tapering for?

I was out on the bike again - 25 rather windy miles, but it feels so much more pleasant than some of the running I've been doing lately....however Imagine my surprise on dismounting, when I found that my legs weren't there. Don't know how you Tri-types do it.

Also taken my daily dose of stretching and self massage (always find that phase uncomfortable to write!) using assorted found objects - cricket ball for the glutes, wine bottle for the hamstrings and foam roller for the calfs (is this the correct plural here, or should I be taking the bovine option?). I have this dread of being over zealous with cricket ball, slipping to one side and ending up in A&E trying to explain how "you know what" got "you know where"....still I could always show them my googlie!

Well I think that's enough smut and innuendo for one day

Have a good day all
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Well done to Paddy and Pammie yesterday - pammie, loved your wee woohoo at the end!

Tom, good to see you.  My running has been going okay since the soul-destruction of Edinburgh!  I put it behind me immediately and have made at point of trying to run a bit faster in training so I can try and get my 10 mile time to nearer 60 minutes than it is currently!  I feel like I've just been ticking over though...now its been 4 weeks so I'm going to try and train harder from now on.

Thought I'd do something a bit different today and go a longer run on a hilly route.  There was one mile or so on horrid stoney trail but otherwise it was on roads.  The toughest section was about 3.5 miles of climb.  Here is the profile of the route.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/profile_zps7ded2198.jpg

I was pleased with the time - 15 miles in 1:52:54 equates to 7:31 pace.  I might do some more runs like this on Sundays - good for the soul image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: a very wet run on disused railway. 10 mins out with wind in face; 10 mins back with even more in face.

Why: that was quite enough!

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • just solved issue of mobile access on HTC hero (android) by installing alternative browser instead of Opera Mini provided

• Tom and any other Victims. They said that they were really on form last night. played alot of the back catalogue as well as some of the new stuff. A special song was penned for Wembley which might be worth looking up on U Tube.

The audition for PP3 went well but was more of a formality than a regular audition.

• Paddy, I must apologise most profusely for intimating that your fine epistle and transcript of the experiences acquired through your most extraordinary day was in some way shape of form necessitating an over-aggressive use of the editorial cutting implements. My intention was entirely the polar opposite of the perceived understanding that may, or conversely, may not have come across during my feeble attempts at pen-smith humour. Indeed, so engrossed in my own aggrandisement was I that there may even have been an oversight on the part of this contributor to offer the premier athlete, for that I believe is the true and honest definition of the phrase, my wholehearted and unconditional congratulations on achieving the honour of the victors laurels.

Nice win Paddy.

• Swam tonight. Somehow, something, somewhere is in the process of clicking. There were parts when I could just feel the water sliding past. Not only did it feel better, but I was also catching up the other Lane 4 regular. Coach also said that it looked good.

Progress. Now I need to keep working on whatever it is that is different.