Options

Apple airport Express

I want to use a tablet & iPad on holiday but there is only wired Ethernet connection in the rooms.  Airport Exptravel looks like it would let me plug it in with a cable then use the iPad wirelessly.

does anyone else use it?

Comments

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Doable I guess but do you have a laptop that can create it's own network if so just plug that laptop in an use that as your own wireless hub. 

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

No I don't have a laptop. It is advertised as an Ethernet to Wi fi adaptor but I'm just a bit wary as it isn't cheap.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

It's how do you get on it if it needs configuration.

i guess if you can test it at home beforehand to setup the wirelesbe network then I guess it's worth a shot. I don't think there is much else you could use instead.

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

there are alternatives to the Express from the likes of Netgear, Linksys etc - depending on specs you're still talking about £40-70

• Options

As FB says there are alternatives. no need to buy the Apple one.

I use one for when I travel (it was given to me as a gift) and it works really well.

Most of them are plug and go, but you will need to configure it to make it a secured network, but full instructions on how to do this should be provided with whatever one you decide to buy.