Sub 3h15

Comments

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

I'm glad his student hasn't seen how he spelt 'stile'image  Nice work on the course best, Keir.

Bit of a long afternoon working, and brain is completely fried, so hoping it will be functioning better early doors tomorrow.  Heigh ho.

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

PMJ - nice week lined-up to round off the first half of the year. Including this morning's run, I'm on 978.5 for the year so far.
    Jools - well done on making 60M for the week. Enjoy P&D!
    Ant - take it easy on that foot.
    AR - great long run and stonking mileage for the week.
    Speedy - what's your HM schedule like? I'm just making my own up - still another 5 weeks of base training to go before I start the final 11 weeks.
    Keir - great performance - and stylish stile clearance too.
    OO - good 16.5 miles - still faster than my long run.
    5 slow miles to start my cut-back week. Hoping to finish it with a parkrun.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Sorry not much time but a quick check in.

I am BACK!  25 miles the week before last and finished last week off with a trail HM yesterday and 35 miles for the week.   Beautiful course with about 4 miles of big hills.  Finished in 1:46 - not racing, just treating it as a training run.  Really pleased that the injury behaved and is well and truly behind me.   Time to start building up again. image

OO/Fraser - it was the Alnwick Castle trail race.  Beautiful course and great event.  Quite expensive but on the doorstep and definitely worth the money.  Check it out for next year.

• Minni - Great news about your ex-injury.

Has anybody been to the VLM page yet? Where is the promised link to apply for GFA? There isn't one, as far as I can see...image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Great to have you back Minni- didn't think it would take you for long!

I usually glance at work on a Sunday Jools, must be serious to take up half your day.

be patient Ant!  image

• Lorenzo wrote (see)
    JD3 wrote (see)

5x 1M averaging 7.29 for me last night off one mile recovery. Perhaps at first glance not an earthshattering session, but each rep included 45m assent in a pretty uniform way

Any chance of a picture of you in your pretty uniform?!image

Lorenzo - image. Good park running too.

AR – I’m sure that you’ll be able to beat your hilly/multiterrain time at Dorney- I don’t imagine there’s a faster course than a windless Dorney.

I’ve scheduled about 10/11 20+ milers, though might drop a couple of them to do some half marathons at MP with a warm up and cool down. I’m sure that they’re useful, but I do find them dull. I’m also starting to limit myself on the route because my traditional route is 9 miles uphill followed by the same 9 downhill- and I think that having the 2nd half downhill negates some of the benefits.

Interesting to hear about your doubles- that day might come for me, but I don’t enjoy running enough to get out twice a day, unless P+D tells me to. Hope your HS heals.

Bike It – nice cross training

Joolska – hope your week calms down, good work getting the miles in.

Ant – I’m glad the foot’s on the mend.

OO – well done on the vouchers and parkrun

SJ – nice tapering!

Gul – very impressive training at a very silly hour!

Poacher – treadmill HMs sound terrible, well done getting it done.

PMJ – good Mixed pace MLR

CC2 – good 15 miler

Kier – well done at the North Downs, I nearly entered that myself- impressive countryside gymnastics

Minni – glad that you’re back running again and a good training HM.

I took friday off because I felt like a zombie, and don't normally run Saturdays, so was accidentally a bit tapered for Sundays 16 with 8 at MP (6.59). Quite pleased because the HR came out a couple of bpm below MP HR, and it was really windy. Just need to get MP down to 6.50 now.

• Gul Darr wrote (see)

PMJ - nice week lined-up to round off the first half of the year. Including this morning's run, I'm on 978.5 for the year so far.

I'm on 937.8 so far, add 40 for the week and I'll be about 20 shy of the 1000. Since 1 March I have done  721 which is well over the 666.67 needed for 4 months.

On the kit / shower front, I have clean kit veery week if I need it or not, but shower after every run. Kit lives under my office desk and if really wet it goes in the back of the sevrer room to dry off in the rejected heat.

• What a coincidence! I went through the 1,000 mile barrier only yesterday and didn't even notice - no fanfares, nothing.

Did a 3.5M recovery run this morning in those Brook Ghosts which I don't really like, and they seem to have helped The Foot even more.

A HM training plan? What that, then?  

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭
    Also-ran wrote (see)

Any one used Kayanos before. Startinh to run out of my cheap 1170s and will be looking to get some GT1000s but noticed a few good deals on Kayanos recently. This was he shoe Asics recommended to me - probably because they are expensive at full price?

Kayano's (and expensive full price ones) sent me to the physio due to being overly supportive after a bit of a running shop over sell and me being a bit naive due to just starting running.  Then the physio recommended I go to the 1150 as they are less supportive.

Good to see you back running Minni - I left you a reply on Comrades 2013 thread.

I went through 1100 miles in the last mile of Comrades.

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭
    Bike It wrote (see)
    Also-ran wrote (see)

Any one used Kayanos before. Startinh to run out of my cheap 1170s and will be looking to get some GT1000s but noticed a few good deals on Kayanos recently. This was he shoe Asics recommended to me - probably because they are expensive at full price?

Kayano's (and expensive full price ones) sent me to the physio due to being overly supportive after a bit of a running shop over sell and me being a bit naive due to just starting running.  Then the physio recommended I go to the 1150 as they are less supportive.

That was one of my concerns Bike-it, but trying them a few weeks back, my gait was pretty similar in Kayano 19s compared to my 1170s on video. Then recently I read a review of them slamming them as they didn't have enough support (in the model 19) compared to earlier incarnations - this explains why on video the 1170s and Kayanos were ok, but the GT2000s had too much support.  

Why do manufacturers mess about so much in the name of progress.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Excellent news Minni!

Due to my foot (formerly known as knackered) I've only clocked 349 miles for the year so far image

But I have supplemented that with 131km of swimming, 1340miles on the bike and 51hrs of spinning so it's not all bad.

2hrs and 15miles worth of hill reps yesterday (just cos I can). I was getting some funny looks from the locals by the end.

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭

'Total abs' again this lunchtime.  Nearly image

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

5 miles for me Saturday out there in 45mph wind @ 7.38mm average then 6.5 miles y'day again very windy but this time on a very hilly route and wanted to come home in about 8mm pace so 7:59mm was a result especially with a hangover.

AR - Just reading back re your question about Asics Kayano's. I personally wear neutral or racing shoes but a friend of mine had the exact same issue as Bike it.

Gul - Going for a 03:15 run is some acheivement but one I will never attempt! I am barely capable of fuctioning pre 07:00hrs!

Lorenzo - Good parkrun there!

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Surely a waste (deliberate mis-spelling pun for Jools) of a lunch hour Bike it. Here's how you could gain 53 minutes for your sandwich eating:

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

That's me toldimage

• FrazerelliFrazerelli ✭✭✭

Suely your run should have finished pre 3.15 Gul - or did it and I misread your post ? If not  I suggest you man up, start running at midnight or simply dispense with the tomfoolery that is a bed and sleeping, and show us what your made of image

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭

7 minutes abs has got o be like doing a 3mi recovery runimage. 'Total abs' is 30 minutes long so I have the remaining 30 minutes of my lunchhour to get up off the floor and crawl back to my office in the lunch hour.  I think there is a 60 minutes 'Ultra abs' that they run at the waiting room of A&E so that medical help is on-hand.

I have the feeling that I'm not going to plateau any time soon on this one...

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Full credit Bike it - 7 min abs would suit me at the moment. Got out for a comfy 30 min jog yesterday so intend to start a HM plan today (Runners world one) taking me through to Lake Vyrnwy in September - Will still try to up the speedier stuff and improve on the 5 and 10k but everything starts to creak if I go beyond one speed session a week, which maywell have to be a parkrun.

Some nice long runs yesterday from AR and OO. Welcome back Minni. I am still nearly 70 miles short of 1000 after reaching 750 at VLM.

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Welcome back to the land of the running Minni image

Are you going to post before and after Abs pictures Bike it?

As of 7am - 1411 miles for me so far in 2013. 

• At the risk of sounding impatient and reactionary, I think it's a bit shoddy that there's still no GFA application link up on their page.

My abs are coming on nicely, thank you. I just hope that one day the fat will recede sufficiently for them to be visible. Anyway, thanks www.hundredpushups.com

• Gul - I'm kind of making it up too. Track on Tuesdays, grass reps on Thursdays, LSR at the weekend plus fillers. I'm concerned about the lack of tempo running, but maybe I can fit some in after the track season finishes.

Minni - yay, so pleased to hear you're back image

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭
    Keir wrote (see)

Are you going to post before and after Abs pictures Bike it?

Err, do I have to hold up an newspaper?

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    !5 Miles for me tonight which was a hard, hard slog so I'm in no rush to sign up for VLM (but of course I will) and I'm glad its 10 months away, but Abingdon seems only around the corner. I couldn't get out yesterday for my 'long' run as I had to fit a new bog and basin, Oh deep joy...my wife tells me I swear too much!!

I'd better make a plan for Abo, if I ever get fixed. Glute and hip are ok now but my right Achilles is giving me grief (I'm currently resting it on a bag of peas).

Running miles for the year is about 1150 but this was very light in may/ june. Bike miles about 900 in the last 3 months and I'm wondering if ramping up the miles on the bike has aggravated my right Achilles

And just to finish off a great week, my bike has broke and has been sent back to the manufacture for assessment, lets hope I get a nice new shiny frame.
  • moofmoof ✭✭✭
    And hope everyone is well and glad to see Minni is back on the mend, How's the foot coming along Ant?
  • moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Oh and Gul you crazy cat, 3.15 indeed. You're mad man,...mad!
  • Great to see Minni back in action - really pleased that it's all sorted out.

Glad you enjoyed the North Downs 30K Keir - I still think it's one of the most enjoyable races I've ever done.

Only 800 miles running for me so far this year, but I do have 550 on the bike to add to that.

Hilly 10 miles yesterday then joined younger Lorenzito for his athletics training session. Much to his joy, I couldn't keep up with him on the 800m loops although I did regain some pride on the shorter stuff. Not that we're competitive or anything.

4 miles incl 5 x hill sprints for me this morning.

Pushed the boat out and bought a pair of Wave Mushas today - if I don't take at least 2 mins off my 5K PB and 5 mins off my 10K PB, I'm returning them as faulty. image

• Moof - The foot is there but runnable-on, so it's business as usual round here. The words ostrich/head/sand spring to mind, but for the moment I'm getting on with it.

Curiously my twin brother went down to Dartmoor to do a cycle sportive at the weekend but before he did he took his Cannondale in for a check-up, only to be told the frame had a terminal crack in it. The lifetime guarantee means a spanking new frame (latest model) will soon come flying through his letter-box (figuratiively speaking). So that's now two of you going on about clouds and silver linings!

He had to do the sportive on a borrowed bike in howling winds and lashing rain. Fun.

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Minni - great to hear things are looking up. Nice trail HM.
    JD3 - good MP.
    SJ - that's an awful lot of training hours.
    GM - god running.
    Frazerelli - good point. Next year I'll start at midnight, run a marathon in training and finish before 3:15 am. Maybe.
    Bike It - 7 secs would do for me.
    Mennania - Good luck with the HM training - I've another 4 to 5 weeks before I start the speed phase of mine.
    Keir - nice mileage.
    Speedy - I'll be focusing on tempo later in my schedule. Looking forward to the speed work in August.
    Moof - hope you get the new frame.
    Lorenzo - good combination of running and cycling miles.
    Another very slow 8 miles done this morning.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Thanks for the nice words. It's sooooo good to be back!

ant - you could've sent your twin bother to Chandos last April in your absence.  image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Keir - 7 minute Abs, now there's an idea! image