From Couch to Marathon...and back again!

I am now trying to regain the fitness I had when I was marathon training (2007). Due to getting married (and subsequent failure of said marriage), I have let myself go to rack and ruin!!! Suffice to say, I am now in my 4th Week of running and have taken it quite steady. I am now up to 2.5 miles three times a week!!! Whoooo! I can't deny that it is hard, especially now as I have to get up at 5 am to be able to run instead of finishing work at 4.30 pm and being able to run after work. I do have a horse who I ride for 45 mins nearly every day but that uses different muscles and I want to get fit so that I can go showjumping and not be totally knackered at the end of it!

So I thought I would write on here and hope you all will help with the encouragement (and occasional rebuke if I falter!)

Comments

• PS I have just entered a 10K online for August Bank Holiday...if that ain't motivation enough!!!

• Welcome Roz!!   I used to horse ride ages ago - had my own horse for about 8 years but had to give him up because of work; gutted!  

Anyway, good luck with the running!!

I'm still a newbie - started running in March - so it's tough sometimes but I'm sticking with it and I get a lot of encouragement from this site.....mainly just from reading other people's posts and realising that I'm not the only one struggling!!

• Well done, keep going! You'll probably find your body starts to remember running a bit more soon and it'll start to feel easier.

• Oh bummer! Not been too disciplined over last two weeks...life got in the way!! lol! Hopefully if not too hot tonight (I mean weather, not me!) I will try and get out for a run.