Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Aaron, i can tell you that i have had a lot of encouragement on this thread and have been inspired by a lot of people on this thread. We've all gotten so much from it and we all went to Paris this year and had fantastic experience this year and all produced great performances. Here, you'll not be judged by anyone - times don't really matter, PBs are nice for us and help us improve ourselves on our own personal quests but we are here because we love it. Every time you get off your butt and go and train you are winning – you are doing the work, you’re not sitting around – you are grafting and you are doing your body a favour. The marathon / the medal / the pb is just the icing on the cake – the work and effort you put in is what counts – not the end result.

(unless your Emmy – where the marathon and the medal are the training sessions and the 100 club running vest in 3 years will be the icing on her insane cake) image

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Jimbob - superb running mate. +1 for loving your endless flirting - and I don't mean with YMimage

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Jimbob - outstanding!  

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Well done JB and Weedy. Fab Race Reports.image

• "Convocaunication"

Jimbob made up a funny word!

And it can be used as a verb AND a noun.*

*Apologies to those who discovered yesterday that once I start giggling, it's quite hard for me to stop.

• Is there any Garmin/computer experts out there?

I've had to reboot my (old) computer to factory settings. I can't download the Garmin software as I need Windows Media Player version 11. image

And I can't download Windows Media Player version 11 as I need to have Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005 or later. image

I'm on Media Centre Edition 2002 image

• lots to catch up again but took notes as I went...

kaz - well done on the exams and hope all works out with the dog

rr - well done on the 'tri'

se- severe bicycle envy from me to you

aaron - what rs said plus chase & status for the ipod

jimbob - awesome running sir!

puts my 1:37 at the Malvern half in the shade somewhat but I was very happy with the effort on the day. Week 1 of p&d in the bag for York Mara and a rpest day today so thought I would catch up with life on the thread.

• James B 73 wrote (see)

I see. It is based on the Jack Daniel's formula.....  mmmmm.

Great going from those that completed it yesterday.

Myself, Yer_maj and Maus hang our DNF heads in shame.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

(unless your Emmy – where the marathon and the medal are the training sessions and the 100 club running vest in 3 years will be the icing on her insane cake) image

Nah, 4 year plan for 100 marathons. medals seem to be optional extras these days based on Fridays marathon (Cries into her medal rack). I spoke to the RD this morning and conveyed my 'disappointment' At not getting a medal and this oversight.... His response : it'll be with me in a few WEEKS. Not a marathon I'd do again.

aaron - welcome to the crazy club. Sometimes we inspire (like Kaz) and sometimes we wonder WTF (like me).

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

SR - welcome back. I did the tri too!!!!!image

Weedy - time for an uphrade on your os me thinks. If your computer can handle it.

• These Commodore 64s are powerful beasts

• Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    James B 73 wrote (see)

I see. It is based on the Jack Daniel's formula.....  mmmmm.

Great going from those that completed it yesterday.

Myself, Yer_maj and Maus hang our DNF heads in shame.

Am I meant to feel ashamed? Oh alright then, if I have to.

But really it was just a blooming brilliant weekend interrupted by a crappy bit of running.

• You lot are writing too much. luckily I'm done with my exams. (B+) and have enough time for catching up. 

i've decided as well it's higt time "trithlon" started to be part of my vocabulary

• Hey congratulations Wi!

Today is official day 1 of Berlin training. P&D says I should "rest/cross-train". Tick. This marathon training is a doddle.

• hehe MM, my plan said rest day too, but  in true kaz, fashion 9 miles this morning and 5 tonight!!! I'll have me rest day tomorrow!image

• I could have done some cross-training, but I don't want to peak too early.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Maus - same for me, Started today with a rest day and loved it. Tomorrow though, I have to run.  If I survive the Lobl Pass

• It's high time I did some running, so I am going to enter a 3k race next Wednesday. 

Not very impressive I know, but it's a start. And in a moment of madness I have just entered the Loch Lomond Highland Games triathlon on 13 July. Now where did I put that wetsuit?

• Dannirr - I have no idea what the Lobl Pass is, but I hope you survive it.

So, I'm in Paris in a hotel near the Arc de Triomphe. I must remember to go to a conference tomorrow, and not stand in the middle of the Champs Élysées in my vest and pants at 9am. 

• RR - did you run Paris in your vest and pants?? I must have missed that!

Good luck negotiating the pass Dannirr.

Has anyone else lost their forum bookmarks or is it just me?

• Simon - in effect, yes image. Saltire vest and running shorts.

I don't have any bookmarks, but I've lost 'my forum' for my latest posts. I think there's something up with the site.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

It crashed when you mentioned yer vest'n'pants missus...

Aye it did ....

• I lost mine on Sunday Simon??

Dannirr- Safe travels! 

RR - Jealous of you being in Paris....it seems so long ago! image

Oh and I think my friend is working her magic on me......I order a triathalon suit thing last night.....image It may well take her another year to get me to the next step! 

• Get yourself down to the pool Kaz. You know you want to..... 

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

These Commodore 64s are powerful beasts

I prefer Commodore's Vic 20!

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Simon - The Loch Lomond tri is a really small event. I'll come along as support crew for that one.

Jealous of those running Berlin this year, but not jealous of you having to start marathon training again.

I managed to pick up a hamstring injury at football last night. Hopefully nothing a bag of frozen peas can't fix quickly.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    James B 73 wrote (see)
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

These Commodore 64s are powerful beasts

I prefer Commodore's Vic 20!

C64 all the way!

well done kaz - you mad woman - two runs in one day FFS! image

I did a little trot home from the station last night and i was out again this morning for a 7.5 miler. Saw a fella running in a Paris green finishers top (i was wearing mine too) so we exchanged cheery greetings as we passed one another! beautiful morning for it in London - i went through 3 parks didn't push it too hard - started of as a recovery run but i settled and then it became a tempo run after about 3 miles.

I'm down from cloud nine about Sunday - still hovering around cloud four but my focus has switched firmly to Berlin (which is actually my warm up marathon for Paris 2014image)

Haven't looked at the race plan for a couple of weeks - but i think there are a couple of 20 mile runs on the menu in July (gulp)

• Am about to have my life turned upside down.

A long lasting relationship is drawing to a close and I am nervous about the future.

I feel out of my depth.

I am being dragged into the darker side of life.

My future will have fruit-based computing in it. Farewell, Windows, I loved thee often.