Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ocht, man up.  We are a fruit based family and we are delirously happy, 24/7.....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Dont worry tricky. I swing both ways between fruit based and windows...

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    Farewell, Windows, I loved thee often.

That's not something often said. More commonly Windows you #@%~ peace of .......

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Excellent running over the weekend everyone. Sorry to hear there was a few DNF's but sounds like it was the right thing to do and there will always be next time. I'm happily back in the swing of things, 31 miles last week and just back from a nice 6mile lunch time burn. Glad I'm not starting a marathon training plan though...

• Eggy - would be great to see you at Loch Lomond if you can make it. Do you have a rescue boat?

• TD..   Excel works on a Mac too...   you'll be fine...  image

• Fruit is the way forward image .

So, little jog this morning out and back along the start of the marathon course. It's not quite the same when you have to run on the pavement rather than down the middle of the road, but nice not to have to run through puddles of pee.

Good call for whoever recommended the Lord Byron hotel - would also recommend for the marathon - bath, wifi, nice big room, near the start.

Unfortunately, calf, which I thought was fixed, started playing up again after 3 miles, which is not good news. Time to bring into the big guns - physio tomorrow. 

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

That's where Dan was RR, and they let him keep the room till 3pm no extra charge .....

• Evening everyone.

RR - Hope the calf settles soon. 

I am a bit concerned about my daughter tonight, her foot(the one she broke) has been sore quite a bit recently but tonight she is in agony. Just in time for school hols!image

Busy day here, and lots of money spent on equipment. Think I am just about organised to start outdoor circuit training next week(if equipment arrives on schedule!). So hopefully 2 classes on a Wednesday and a Friday. With a class for juniors obviously more focused towards fun. Got indoor facilities organised too should(more than likely) the weather be toooooo bad for them!! Naomi has also agreed to help. And she has, tonight, employed me as her coach.........think she is paying me in hugs!!!!! image

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Kaz - Go get em!!  Sounds like you'll be ruling the orkney fitness world in no time.

RR - boo on calf!  See you thursday or friday?

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Lovely run in Velden tonight.  Beautiful place and lovely people.

RR - the Loebl Pass is the steepest pass over these Alps, used for hundreds of years (even Napolean!).  It is closed to car traffic as it is too steep - Hitler used "prisoners" to build a tunnel instead.  It is open to hikers.  But as it is the only absolutely genuine part of the 1913 Alpine Trials route still around, they allowed us to drive it.  The gradient is 30%!   Huge fun.

• RR - hope physio heps

kaz1 wrote (see)

Evening everyone.

RR - Hope the calf settles soon. 

I am a bit concerned about my daughter tonight, her foot(the one she broke) has been sore quite a bit recently but tonight she is in agony. Just in time for school hols!image

Busy day here, and lots of money spent on equipment. Think I am just about organised to start outdoor circuit training next week(if equipment arrives on schedule!). So hopefully 2 classes on a Wednesday and a Friday. With a class for juniors obviously more focused towards fun. Got indoor facilities organised too should(more than likely) the weather be toooooo bad for them!! Naomi has also agreed to help. And she has, tonight, employed me as her coach.........think she is paying me in hugs!!!!! image

Does that mean you owe the taxman some hugs at the end of the year? Hope foot turns out to be nothing serious.

• RR - hope you get the calf sorted out. We stayed in the Lord Byron - ideal location for the start,

Kaz - are you  still keeping on your postie job on top of the fitness classes?

Sounds, and looks, amazing Dannirrr.

• Hopefully that'll be all I owe the taxman Weedyimage

Yip Simon, keeping on the postie job. No way am I giving that up. Thats my daily exercise!!!image

• Your daily exercise probably exceeds my weekly total! Good luck with the classes 

• Kaz: What McPerky said! Your rest day is like my peak day!

RR - +1 for calf care.

Excellent to see the Lord Byron is already on the accommodation guide.

Dannirr: Such a cool trip you're doing. I can't imagine how you got up a 30% incline in the car - I imagine slowly!

Turns out I've got some kind of kidney infection. This possibly explains my DNF on Sunday. Won't get the full results until Friday. But suffice to say I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself and running is the last thing I can think about. I've drunk about 5 or 6 litres of fluids today with no end of thirst in sight...

• MM- awwww.....hope your feeling better soon. ((Hugs)))

haha on the exercise front peeps!

just in from an early morning progressive 10 miles. Started on 9.30 mm and last one 7.47mm!!! Think i'm happy with that!image

• MM - sorry to hear, you'll need to cut back for this week. On antibiotics? Hope so. Get better soon. (5-6 litres of fluid is probably the absolute max you should drink in a 24 hr period...) 

Annoying 10 days without running here, typically awful case of man flu; glad it was this week, instead of when arriving in Bratislava for ITLR...

• Any chance someone can post a link for that hotel, My fruit based device won't let me find it???image

I have also decided that if I can come to Paris next year, I will be coming alone!!! 

• Do you mean The Lord Byron? It's here ]http://www.hotel-lordbyron.fr/uk/index.php It's not quite as fancy as the pictures would have you believe, but I liked it.

I think I still prefer the Astrid, but it tends to fill up quickly. 

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Simon, I think I can get to loch Lomond in time to see you win the Tri image . Fancy a morning supporting, Eggy?

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Random, non-running, post.... I abslotuely loved the Guard on my train who made the following announcement: '' Here is some information for the hard -of-thinking. Smoking is NOT allowed on this train. Anywhere. And that includes the toilets. So, if I catch you at it , again, the Polis will be called and you will be put off. Thank you. that is all. '' image

• Think the bench needs bringing out of the shed. Hope everyone gets better sooner rather than later.

• kaz1 wrote (see)

Any chance someone can post a link for that hotel, My fruit based device won't let me find it???image

Agh, cold shivver of fear runs through my veins.

Today I have the 14km race at work. Am working from home, so will take Yan the Dog with me for a run in the forest. Today is going to be a day I need to have a calm mind and deep patience.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Think the bench needs bringing out of the shed. Hope everyone gets better sooner rather than later.

Give it a lick of paint, there's a love.  Kind of Tiger Balm brown would be nice....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Today I have the 14km race at work. Am working from home, so will take Yan the Dog with me for a run in the forest. Today is going to be a day I need to have a calm mind and deep patience.

Is this because we have our weekly telco tonight?image

Enjoy the race and time. I'm working from home too.... but that's more because i have so much work to do - i cant afford to lose the time travelling!

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

I'm heading up to near Glenfarg today, can anybody recommend a nice evening run near there? 

• TrevO, lucky you.  Can't give a personal recommendation but found this online.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/gb/bridge-of-earn-sct/8mile-run-glenfarg-route-900330

You could always run up Kinnoull Hill in Perth, the views are stunning from the top if it's a nice evening.  Left is the Carse of Gowrie and to the right the mountains.  Another option would be to run round Loch Leven in Kinross.  It's hilly behind Glenfarg, I have great childhood memories of coming over the high bits in the car then shooting down until the next uphill bit.

edited to add there is a nice circular run from Bridge of Earn to Rhynd and back via Tarsappie then Craigend

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Thanks TP, got a bit of time in the airport so will take a look. Might have to take my phone with me to make sure I don't get lost! image

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Dublin Marathon booked. Training starts on 8th July.

Also entered the Lake Vyrnwy half marathon on 15th September. Although this starts at 1pm. It shouldn't curtail my rehydration too much. About an hour from home. So should be in the local by 3.