Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Thanks to Grendel3 for pointing me here and to all who have made me welcome.image

I can't wait to get out there again but first i need a NEW pair of trainers, I have also put the "get running" app on my s4 andriod in preperation Lol.

Speaking of which, does anybody recommend this C25K app to start out with?

Cheers

kev

• Back2basics wrote (see)

Hey Kev! Welcome and well done for getting back on the horse! image

Regarding the shins it sounds like a technique issue to me. Shin pain can be caused in many ways but the two main ones are either running too hard on your heals or leaning a little to far forward. Try slowing down a little and work out which one you are more prone to doing and then let us know and we can try and help! image

Thanks, i will monitor this next time i runimage

• Hello all!

hello Kev image 

guess what?  I've just run 5k in.........drum role.......26.45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

its an uphill route for the first half and downhill for the second.  I felt like Mo Farah!  am really, really chuffed.....

happy running all x

• Gammineez wrote (see)

Hello all!

hello Kev image 

guess what?  I've just run 5k in.........drum role.......26.45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

its an uphill route for the first half and downhill for the second.  I felt like Mo Farah!  am really, really chuffed.....

happy running all x

Hi back, well done;)

• Hi guys,

Two questions please

My first question is,

if I dog walk for 2 mile or more then go out for a run walk, would I be over doing it?

Secondly,

should I include some stretching before and after running.

• B2B - Sorry mate of course its 62 I have been on the website - hows the preps going ?

Grendel - didn't get out again tonight may wait to see how weekend longer run goes before I decide

• All - feel really fresh for not having run tonight...bring on tomorrow..

Kev - have you had a gait analysis check on your running style?  Really worth having one done as part of the pending shoe process.

Sorry, I can't comment on the C25 thing but someone on here will be able to I'm sure.

Gamineez - wahoo - fantastic running and I hope to catch you soon.

3:30 - c'mon like Grendel says - get that half entry signed up and posted.  Since my come back this time I've done two 10Ks and had great fun just doing local ish races and the diary is looking healthy with future races right up 'till December.

•  

DB9 wrote (see)

All - feel really fresh for not having run tonight...bring on tomorrow..

Kev - have you had a gait analysis check on your running style?  Really worth having one done as part of the pending shoe process.

Sorry, I can't comment on the C25 thing but someone on here will be able to I'm sure.

Gamineez - wahoo - fantastic running and I hope to catch you soon.

3:30 - c'mon like Grendel says - get that half entry signed up and posted.  Since my come back this time I've done two 10Ks and had great fun just doing local ish races and the diary is looking healthy with future races right up 'till December.

yes I had it done before I started running last year, but I'm told it needs to be done again, shame really as I could buy cheaper of the web than paying shop prices. 

I still have my old mizuno trainers and use them every day for general use.

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Morning all, I will catch up later, time is at a premium at the moment.

5.36 miles in 51 minutes this morning. Not bad considering that I took the hilly route.

June – 55.39

2013 – 251.11.............. 250 up finally

• Gammi sorry didn't see your post until today but that's a brilliant 5k well done you !! image

DB9 - Would like to do it but so much going on here not just time wise but family stuff as well, in fact not been out since Saturday but will go tonight as don't want to stop the momentum I have built up. Its local so no travelling at all. We shall see

JR - good to see you back logging miles for the team but I have been a wash out since Sat

Kev - if you need it done do it I know what you mean about the web but your shoes are the most important things got to get it right. I am lucky had it done years ago and the guy doing it took one look at the trainers I was running in and said "rubbish for your style" and chucked them in the bin !! Videod me in 6 different types and brands go it down to two and I chose the Mizunos - there now called inspire been running in them ever since (not the same pair obviously !!) and buy off internet

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

To be honest I have never had my gait analysed - but I do know I need a fairly flexible shoe and find New Balance pretty much best for me - although I have recently bought a pair of K Swiss which are quite flexible - will report back at some point on them.

Well 6.55 done this morning. a nice sunny day felt quite flat and because of the tendon in my lower leg which gradually seems to be improving  I missed this weeks intervals -

Question for you technical guys - because of family stuff this weekend I will miss my longer run - BUT car is going in for an MOT on Friday - so if I run 5 miles at 5am, then drop the car in at the garage at 8:30 then run a 9 mile loop  home can I count that as 14???

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Dont see why not Grendel, its a one off and a good idea as you still get to log your target miles. All the top runners double up after all image

• well done Gammineez that's a great time!

3:30 - well I'm only doing a little bit of prep really as once again im out of time! *face palm* I feel pretty good though and I'm really looking forward to this one! image

Kevin - I think the dog walk then a run sounds fine! The walk will work well as a warm up so you wont need to stretch image

Grendel - yeah man if its in the same day...it counts! I would however use the first 5 mile to check how the tendon is before adding another 9 miles on it. No point messing up all this training for the sake of 9 miles.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Thaks - the tendon is fine (I ran 14 on it on sunday) as long as I shuffle along - felt it a bit this morning as I was trying to run a bit quicker but not to bad - so back to the Cliff Young Shuffle!!!! For Friday

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Nice one B2B!!!!! 

• B2B I presume that was a bit "naughty" as the link doesn't work for meimage

That Cliff young bloke looks an interesting character !!

• not naughty just facebook...hang on ill try find the youtube one.....

• sent you a message 3:30

• Got it - you look like you've just started in that !!

• ha ha ha it was a brave face! image My feet were pretty tired but I got a real boost from seeing my folks!

Here is the one from the finish....turn your speakers down though as my mum is a little happy ha ha ha! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLmJGO_aU6U

• Oh yes she is isn't she - she must have been awfully proud of you though. Secretly I wouldn't mind doing one someday

• ha ha ha yeah a little loud eh?

you should really give it a go! train for a marathon then just don't stop image most of it is just in your head, once you break away from thinking that a marathon is the furthest thing then half the job is done! image

well i was going to go for a 5 mile last night and then hay fever struck me down and I spent the evening on the sofa image

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Oh B2B - I ginore hayfever - if I didn't I wouldn't go out at the moment - even running through long grass at the moment brings me up in hives if I don't take an antihistamine -

Sitting at work today with a frozen capri sun selotaped to my leg on my calf tendon - decided I should actually follow my own advice and ice it (or capri sun in!!) working quite well too!! Was a bit dubious about driving 30 miles with what is basically a giant orange flavour ice cube stuck to my leg.

6 miles run this morning (actually 6.67 so added to the fetch challenge) - hopefully a broken up long sunday run 14 tomorrow -

• Morning folks...

Long long night, school prom, lots of dancing and 10 mins sleep...

Fortunately I was dad the taxi!

I think I had my best run in this second life yesterday evening.  6m 8.44av - 8.47, 8.19, 8.40, 8.28, 8.52, 9.16 - that last 800 just saps me at the moment but very pleased with 52.24 on that course.

Weight tantalisingly close to being 12...something!

Feel good in the legs...

• B2B - you are correct re the mental thing. Before Sat the furthest I had run was 8.34 miles, went out and decided to do 9 but after I lost my turn around point went onto the next landmark, I just told myself to do it. Finshed up doing nearly 13 miles comfortably (well I didn't collapse in a heap at the end and managed .8 mile walk home up hill). Shows our limits maybe in the head, we decide what our limits are

Grendel - love it Capri Sun !! - better than the usual frozen peas I guess although a little dearer !!

DB9 - Nice one good running there

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

My son has a load of them as he has them in his packed lunch -so I just nicked one of them as it seemed ideal and (providing it doesn't burst) no mess.

Thats a great run DB9

• Grendel - did you put it back when you were finished with it ? lol !!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I have had it on since 8 o'clock - just taken iot off now as it is fully melted - unfortuantely we don't have a freezer compartment in our fridge at work so can't refreeze it - joking apart it works quite well!!!!